[General] Coming Feb. 20: Total Eclipse of the Moon

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Mark Wednesday, Feb. 20, on your calendar as "Lunar Eclipse Night," for if the weather is fair you should have no difficulty observing a total eclipse of the moon.

The eclipse will be visible wherever the moon is above the horizon during the time frame that the eclipse is taking place. As it turns out, North and South America will turned toward the moon and will be in excellent position for this sky show.

Europe, Africa and a part of western Asia will also be able to see the eclipse, although for these regions the event will take place in hours just before sunrise on the morning of Feb. 21.

Read more about it here.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I'll go check it out tonight :D

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Lunar eclipse to occur Wednesday night

capt.14fa2bec699c4bd5aaf4cb9475bfd3c1.correction_lunar_eclipse_la104.jpg

The last total lunar eclipse until 2010 occurs Wednesday night, with cameo appearances by Saturn and the bright star Regulus on either side of the veiled full moon.

Skywatchers viewing through a telescope will have the added treat of seeing Saturn's handsome rings.

Weather permitting, the total eclipse can be seen from North and South America. People in Europe and Africa will be able to see it high in the sky before dawn on Thursday.

As the moonlight dims — it won't go totally dark — Saturn and Regulus will pop out and sandwich the moon. Regulus is the brightest star in the constellation Leo.

Jack Horkheimer, host of the PBS show "Star Gazer," called the event "the moon, the lord of the rings and heart of the lion eclipse."

Wednesday's event will be the last total lunar eclipse until Dec. 20, 2010. Last year there were two.

Read More!

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
Meh, I tried to watch it - my view wasn't that great. It looked much darker than in that picture, though I could definitely see a reddish tint to it.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
I almost had a chance to see the last Mars getting close to earth, but all I saw was a red sky >.<
Oh by the way, better close this thread The Helper made one already.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>>Oh by the way, better close this thread The Helper made one already.

Merged.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Meh... Lunar Eclipses aren't fun...

I saw one like 2 or 3 years ago (Maybe 4), and that one was red completely :p

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
Darnation, I Tried to see this one but the rain and clouds made it impossible :mad:

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
I got to watch it, from 2/3rds of the way black to all red.. Was acually fairly dull. ._.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.