GetSavingPlayer() of sorts...

ZakkWylde-

Reaction score
>NOTE: Can you force alt+q+q (it's almost a hotkey, right?)
No.

>EVENT_GAME_ABOUT_TO_BE_SAVED
No.

>Can you ForceUICancel (or whatever it is) to stop that person from saving...?

Yes. Fire ForceUICancel every 0.005 seconds. Now you can't even quit the map. Or use spellbooks. Or target abilities.

>Now is it possible to put the save on "wait"...?
No.

>and also, I don't mind crashing the game
No.

>:D
No.

NO.

I wasn't at home computer: this is what I was talking about--
[ljass]EVENT_GAME_SAVE[/ljass]

Also, Troll...yeah like you said, that doesn't help me PREVENT the save from actually happening (though it should have uses elsewhere).

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
Rather than preventing the save wouldn't it be easier to detect if the game has been reloaded from a previous save? I believe Troll-Brain posted a snippet that does that at one point...

Troll-Brain

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
No you don't get it.
The goal is not to avoid loading saved game, it is to avoid saving games on battle.net, since it can make a retarded lag (but no more retarded than the user who did that ...)

ZakkWylde-

Reaction score
Not to come off as impudent and arrogant, but did you read the thread from the first post? :D

In back and forth posting, I think the point comes across as to what I am trying to achieve. and troll's latest (from this post) post says what I would have responded with perfectly :thup:

EDIT: Aha there's the quote:

But I'm not sure it would actually prevent the game from being saved. My whole goal here is so that no one can reload the file and start playing from there or disrupt the game by pausing (because pausing/saving in the middle of an intense level of sliding/ice mazing to throw someone off is the worst).

Of course, there's a bit more to it that's not summarized there, but the back and forth posting has done a good job!

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
I did actually read the thread, and my answer covers half of what you want to achieve which is a lot better than covering nothing (which is what has been achieved so far).

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
>since it can make a retarded lag

if you fix all your leaks, generally saving isn't that big of a deal, maybe 10 sec at the most. of course if you massively leak everywhere, it can freeze the game.

and i think the ideas have been exhausted, its impossible until someone finds some kind of loophole.

>My whole goal here is so that no one can reload the file

you made it confusing for saw792 when you said that.

and you used the keyword or, which could mean you wanted to prevent loading as well.

ZakkWylde-

Reaction score
yeah...zzzz :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :)banghead:)

Someone brought up the point of lag when saving...and I don't think massive lag spikes after that would be a problem...the thing is...you don't know when the saving will stop and you don't know when to click/where to click...cuz as soon as saving stops, your hero is moving again...

I apologize...

"or" was probably the wrong word there, and everything to the first side of that was pretty useless. Main goal is the second statement...
"and" would have been the correct choice there (but it doesn't matter anyways because I want to throw out the first part of the sentence).

...or disrupt the game by pausing (because pausing/saving in the middle of an intense level of sliding/ice mazing to throw someone off is the worst).
Sorry for confusing the junk out of everybody...:(

ZakkWylde-

Reaction score
It is possible to utilize local script...so that if someone tries to save it runs something that disconnects him/her?

When s/he then tries to save in the game (alone), it can just defeat that person...:confused:

Troll-Brain

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
If you fix all your leaks, generally saving isn't that big of a deal, maybe 10 sec at the most. of course if you massively leak everywhere, it can freeze the game.

I dunno the lag was related to leaks, or let's say amount of data ?, nice to know, even if it wouldn't happen on my maps.

@ZakkWylde : A least some tools (delay reducer and such) can detect, and handle ? that, i'm pretty sure, but i can't remember the name of one of them.

EDIT : No, you would need to know which player is saving, and then you don't need this local data thing :p

ZakkWylde-

Reaction score
I dunno the lag was related to leaks, or let's say amount of data ?, nice to know, even if it wouldn't happen on my maps.

@ZakkWylde : A least some tools (delay reducer and such) can detect, and handle ? that, i'm pretty sure, but i can't remember the name of one of them.

Uh...DR doesn't have that detection associated with it. I believe you're talking about a game hosted on a bot...which also has/uses DR to reduce delay...

Generally what happens is a message is displayed:
"AlltehPeopl3 is saving the game." I don't know HOW it figured out who is saving the game (this message is displayed either right before the save or at the beginning, i'm not sure). Either way, that person COULD be kicked...

I am not sure if it's one of the magical way bots can do things on battle.net...like people from East and West can join the same game...I dunno. Beats me.

EDIT/Addition: Azlier has been kind enough to attempt to fix this problem....the thread http is http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=137546

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.