Gaming Guild Wars Release Date

Chile

The All Purpose Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, the folks over at ArenaNet have now announced the release date for Guild Wars. Look forward to playing the game 24/7 starting April 28th 2005. For official information about Guild Wars, please visit Guildwars.com. To discuss Guild Wars, or learn more about the game, please visit our associate site, RPG Stars, an official Guild Wars fansite.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
One word,

FINALLY

REALLY?! Isn't this an MMORPG? If it is and with no monthly fee, I'm going to crap my pants.

Chile

Reaction score
Well, you know I have that big huge Guild Wars fansite already linked above, heh.

I have been adding content to the site almost all week. I've ensured that every bit of content available in the new design is fully html 4.01 and .css1 compliant.

Yes, Guild Wars is an MMORPG styled game with no monthly fee. However, many of the things you would expect an MMORPG to have are not present in Guild Wars. It's sort of like all of the adrenaline you get from drinking coffee...

minus the coffee. ;)

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
AAGH I just went to the Guild Wars website and noticed this release date was only for North America and Europe!!!!

why is the world so cruel to me ???

Chile? I need therapy now........

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Darg, I do feel for you. Alot of games are released in America and asia, and they wait months before they send them to Australia and those places down there. It seems the world is slowly forgetting about you people, in a few years most Americans probably won't even know what Australia is...

(I'm sort of kidding but it is sad)

Chile

Reaction score
That's a mistype on the part of ArenaNet.

Guild Wars will be available simultaneously across the globe. The very fact that all you really need to start playing is the 64Kb install file means that you could even concievably purchase the game online and play within about 5 or 10 minutes of purchase. :)

Now, I know that NCSoft intends to put the product in bricks and mortar shops to begin, but the expansions..... those expansions for Guild Wars could be purchased right from NC Soft/ ArenaNet.

Time will tell, I guess. ;)

O

Omalley666

XXconanXXX said:
One word,

FINALLY

REALLY?! Isn't this an MMORPG? If it is and with no monthly fee, I'm going to crap my pants.

Then crap away...crap away T_T Guild Wars has come sooooooooooooooooooooo far from when I played the pre-beta crap (I'm playing the Pre-order stuff now, only $10!!) And I lose it, for it is teh sex!

R

random guest

uhh, its not released in australia yet... not officially.

its possible to get copies, but they have been imported from america, and people using them can possible get in trouble cause GW's hasn't yet been rated by the australian goverment agency that does that stuff. and until that happens all copies here are in a way illegal.

i dunno when it will be officially released, atm if u have a copy u'll be stuck on crappy american servers i think.

oh well, i cant wait for it to come out.

oh btw, i neva been to this site be4, was just looking at GW stuff.
i'm a BHL and BH member who was a long time player of D2.

if any1 wants to know more u can pm me on BH or BHL as simple6t9 or email me
at [email protected] , my uber old email =D

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
You should check out rpgstars.com for lots of Guild Wars information.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
where do they tell you the system requirements is this anything like FF online cuz thats like the only RPG that i liked other than D@ which I dont consider an rpg at all

E

EagerBeaver

Has GW still not been released in Aus yet? I've pre-ordered it from a place in my area last Tuesday thinking that it was released in Aus, and now apparently I'm only to expect it around the end of May. I've noticed a lot of places saying that it'll be coming on the 30-May-2005. Anyone know what's happening?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.