Guitar issue

holy_spirit

Reaction score
Hi all..
I discovered that I like guitar :D, so
it Seems to be like that, I'm going to buy a new guitar
and since I dont have any experience in this field !!
I want you guys to help me decide which kind or type of guitars I should buy.
classic or electric one !!
for me, I like electric guitar, but I dont know if the electric is the suitable start..
I made some kind of researches and found that it is not important which type you start with.. realy I dont know :confused:

help me ..
thanks.

Atreyu

One Last Breath.
Reaction score
Buy a classic first. Don't want neighbors hearing noisy sounds do you? Practice first. Chords then tabs then notes.

This cat's way better than anyone else. :p
kittyrock.jpg

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
You can practice without it being plugged into the amp with an electric so it isn't very loud.

Zakyath

Reaction score
to play classic guitar if you want to play the electric is pure BS. Yeah, it helps, but if you want to get good at the electric asap you better get an electric. I also recommend buying a pre-owned one, and absolutely no crappy copy, or some shit guitar for 200$. Buy a guitar you can grow with. What type of music do you like? It's pretty important when you're going to buy a guitar.

n[u]ll

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Buy a classic first. Don't want neighbors hearing noisy sounds do you? Practice first. Chords then tabs then notes.

You know there's something called volume. You can control it on the guitar AND amp...

----
Well I drum, but I also started to pick up guitar. And with both I just started with a cheap little thing, and since have upgraded multiple times. (Though, this can be more expensive in the long run assuming you will take up the hobby for the run)

So, what I got was this guitar. And a cheap 15W Fender amp, a tuner, and some new strings (factory are never good).

As a musician I can say that for the price it is a great guitar and I have yet to have any problems, besides the fact I lost my whammy bar :(.
Ibanez is a world renowned company, and you can trust them. Same with Fender, Korg, and Ernie Ball.
----

Edit:

As far as learning goes, you might want to buy some books online or at the store, but mainly the internet (and the following sites) will be your friend:
http://www.youtube.com
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com
http://www.chordbook.com

You should also look into learning notation (treble clef) and chords. Although tabs are sometimes are easier than learning all those confusing note values and meanings, having background in music theory is a huge help for if you're ever going to go anywhere in the music business.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Get a classic. I loved playing acoustic guitar, but once I was forced to play electric, I quit.

holy_spirit

Reaction score
but I also started to pick up guitar. And with both I just started with a cheap little thing, and since have upgraded multiple times. (Though, this can be more expensive in the long run assuming you will take up the hobby for the run)
That make since.. it was electric or classic guitar ?
I'll check the links ASAP

Get a classic. I loved playing acoustic guitar, but once I was forced to play electric, I quit.
don't give me just what you like !!, I need some logical opinions

Thank you all
still don't know what to start with

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score

Classical and Acoustic are not the same thing.

The bottom 3 strings on a classical guitar are nylon, these do not produce the same "warm" feeling of an acoustic guitar.

Unless you intend to focus primarily on folk and classical guitar pieces, I'd suggest getting a normal acoustic.

Edit: i don't want this to come off as being pompous, im merely informing the guy of the difference. ;]

n[u]ll

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You can't think for yourself?

He can, but he must not have much trust in his opinion.

It really all comes down to what WastedSavior had touched on, basically, what music you're into. If you like rock, the obvious option would be electric. If you like country or easy listening, acoustic is your best choice.

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
The type of guitar you should buy (IMO & exp) should not be based on how talented you are.

Rather, base your guitar choice on what type of music you enjoy the most.
You will find that while grinding away at scales and memorizing chords are both beneficial, they are not near as informative (or fun) as learning and analyizing the songs you know, love, and enjoy.

If you enjoy loud energetic music, an acoustic guitar would make no sence.
While, if you love the slow tunes of some bands, an acoustic is were it'll be at for you.

Guitar is about having fun, not being professional.

I myself play an acoustic Stagg and love it!

holy_spirit

Reaction score
It really all comes down to what WastedSavior had touched on, basically, what music you're into. If you like rock, the obvious option would be electric. If you like country or easy listening, acoustic is your best choice.
base your guitar choice on what type of music you enjoy the most.
yeah, I like hard rock, and kind of metal, I think the reason that forced me to get new guitar is SATURNUS band, Yes.. after there last album 'Veronika Decides To Die',
and of course I like a lot of other bands, but you can say this what pushed me to think about getting guitar !

Guitar is about having fun, not being professional.
I'll remember that :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.