Having duplicates of items in the same inventory help

DarkKnightML

Reaction score
So apparently making it so you can't pick up two of the same items out of a group of specific items is a lot harder than I'd thought? Or at least I've been going about it the wrong way for the past few hours. I recently made a system so that you could have only one of four items at one time in your inventory for my hero, and you would purchase this item from the shop, however while I was testing with a friend he simply put down one of the items, bought a different one(and it could have even been the same one..) and then simply picked up the old one, thus giving him two of those items, and this could work for multiple instances as well, he could potentially fill his inventory with the item with this bug. So would anyone know how to fix this? I've tried multiple ways but I just wound up deleting the triggers I had out of frustration, however I can post what I have for the buy trigger.

Code:
Cloak of Archimonde
    Events
        Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    Conditions
        (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Tome of Archimonde
    Actions
        Set ShepNumber = (Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                    Conditions
                        ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Cloak of Ner'zhul) Equal to True
                        ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Cloak of Archimonde) Equal to True
                        ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Cloak of Sargeras) Equal to True
                        ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Cloak of Kil'jaeden) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Set PlayerGroupArray[27] = (Player group((Owner of (Hero manipulating item))))
                Game - Display to (Player group((Random player from PlayerGroupArray[27]))) for 10.00 seconds the text: Only one cloak per ...
                Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
                Player - Add 100 to (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) Current gold
            Else - Actions
                Set CloakAmountShep[ShepNumber] = (CloakAmountShep[ShepNumber] + 1)
                Hero - Create Cloak of Archimonde and give it to (Hero manipulating item)

And you can see that I have some of how I tried to fix the issue still in here.

futeki

Reaction score
Just a little advice for future postings, try not to post such a huge blob of text. First things first, why are you removing the item?

Why not just make them drop it like so?:
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Hero - Drop (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Tome of Archimonde) from (Triggering unit)

And although I may be misunderstanding you, I think what you're looking for is rather simple:
Trigger:
  • Only One Item
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Tome of Archimonde
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Tome of Archimonde) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (Owner of(Triggering unit)) the text: You can only carry one of those!
          • Hero - Drop (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Tome of Experience) from (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions

inevit4ble

Reaction score
You can do this even easier.
Just use classes.

Code:
    If - Conditions
        (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Purchasable<---//You make all cloaks purchasables, shields artifacts
    Then - Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)<------------------//6 Slots in inventory
            Loop - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        (Item-class of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to (Item-class of (Item being manipulated))
                        (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A)) Not equal to (Item being manipulated)
                    Then - Actions
                        Hero - Drop the item from slot (Integer A) of (Hero manipulating item)
                        Quest - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))) the Warning message: Weapon Switched!  O...
                    Else - Actions
    Else - Actions

DarkKnightML

Reaction score
Well with a little bit of my own intuition I've made this work...and dear god. Well here's my final product if anyone needs any help on this issue as well.

<A BUY TRIGGER>
Code:
Cloak of Archimonde
    Events
    Conditions
        (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Tome of Archimonde
    Actions
        Set ShepNumber = (Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))
            If - Conditions
                    Conditions
                        ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Cloak of Ner'zhul) Equal to True
                        ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Cloak of Archimonde) Equal to True
                        ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Cloak of Sargeras) Equal to True
                        ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Cloak of Kil'jaeden) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Set PlayerGroupArray[27] = (Player group((Owner of (Hero manipulating item))))
                Game - Display to (Player group((Random player from PlayerGroupArray[27]))) for 10.00 seconds the text: Only one cloak per ...
                Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
                Player - Add 100 to (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) Current gold
            Else - Actions
                Hero - Create Cloak of Archimonde and give it to (Hero manipulating item)
                Set CloakAmountShep[ShepNumber] = 2
                Game - Display to (All players) for 5.00 seconds the text: (String(CloakAmountShep[ShepNumber]))

<Upon picking a cloak up>
Code:
One Cloak P2
    Events
        Unit - A unit Loses an item
    Conditions
            Conditions
                (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Cloak of Kil'jaeden
                (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Cloak of Sargeras
                (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Cloak of Ner'zhul
                (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Cloak of Archimonde
    Actions
        Set CloakAmountShep[ShepNumber] = 1
        Game - Display to (All players) for 5.00 seconds the text: (String(CloakAmountShep[ShepNumber]))

<Upon dropping a cloak>
Code:
One Cloak P2
    Events
        Unit - A unit Loses an item
    Conditions
            Conditions
                (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Cloak of Kil'jaeden
                (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Cloak of Sargeras
                (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Cloak of Ner'zhul
                (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Cloak of Archimonde
    Actions
        Set CloakAmountShep[ShepNumber] = 1

<The Enforcement Rule Trigger>
Code:
One Cloak
    Events
    Conditions
        CloakAmountShep[ShepNumber] Greater than or equal to 2
    Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Item-class of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Purchasable
            Then - Actions
                For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                (Item-class of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to (Item-class of (Item being manipulated))
                                (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A)) Not equal to (Item being manipulated)
                            Then - Actions
                                Hero - Drop the item from slot (Integer A) of (Hero manipulating item)
                            Else - Actions
            Else - Actions

Anyways +rep and thanks man, I was getting pretty frustrated at this one..as I don't have a ton of experience with items.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.