Help on Movement Issues

Mindless

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if there is way to make units "able to move", and "not be able to move" at your lesuire in game, perhaps with triggers, abilities or something.

Any help would be appreciated.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Set move speed to 0? Its a trigger function. You would also need to change the gameplay constants to allow movement speed to 0.

Mindless

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. FYI, the gameplay constants only allows a minimum movement speed of 1 (I tried it). However, the footman moves so slowly that it is effectively zero. Thanks again.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Try holding shift while clicking the constant.
Or get JASS NewGen Pack.
It will allow you to use values beyond the normal editor.
JNGP isn't just for JASS'rs either, it has things for normal GUI'rs and loads of other features.

Mindless

Reaction score
Ummm... I'm pretty new to the WE, so that installing JASS thing is way over my head... sorry. And also, if read it correctly, it says it works best on warcraft 1.21 Well, I'm making my map in warcraft 1.25, so i don't think it'll be complatible... However, thanks for the tip on pressing the shift key! I never knew that!

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
You download JNGP, unzip it, and run it.
Easy as pie.

And I'm using the newest WC3 too, works perfectly.

Mindless

Reaction score
Erm... I downloaded it and got a zip file containing a NewGen Warcraft and a NewGen WorldEditor. I ran the NewGen WorldEditor and opened my map, it gives an error saying my map was created with a newer version of WE and map version not supported.

Mindless

Reaction score
It doesn't open. Well, whatever, I'm still very noob to the WE so I probably won't be able to use much of the new functions in NewGen WE anyway. :eek:

Well, I've changed the movement speed to 1 and it moves so slowly it's the same as not moving anyway. Thanks for the help, people.

Mindless

Reaction score
That will be great! I'm programming with GUI however, do I call a line of Custom Script and paste your line the textbox?

SouLEDGE

Damn you advanced calculus
Reaction score
Even if you remove the "move" ability, won't the unit be able to receive smart orders?

Mindless

Reaction score
Even if you remove the "move" ability, won't the unit be able to receive smart orders?

I don't think so, because let's say if you have a tower, it does not have the "move" ability. You select it and right click on the ground, there is no response.

Yep. :) The "GetTriggerUnit()" is the unit. Make sure you change that if its a variable.

I'm using Picked Unit, so that will be "GetPickedUnit()" ?

keychup

Reaction score
When you want it to stop have a dummy unit cast "ensnare" on it. this effectively sets speed to 0 but still allows the unit to turn and attack. When you issue a move order you can remove the ensnare buff to allow it to move. Once it reaches the point have a dummy unit ensnare it again.

Mindless

Reaction score
When you want it to stop have a dummy unit cast "ensnare" on it. this effectively sets speed to 0 but still allows the unit to turn and attack. When you issue a move order you can remove the ensnare buff to allow it to move. Once it reaches the point have a dummy unit ensnare it again.

I still like the remove "move" ability better. It seems much neater.

Picked Unit is GetEnumUnit().

Thanks a lot.

keychup

Reaction score
As you wish. Btw, if you remove the move ability, how do you plan on making it move again?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.