Help with a dummy unit

Megika

Reaction score
I'm making an ability which, when cast, spawns a dummy unit which casts a flame strike on the location of the original caster. However, the flame strike which is cast doesn't damage the enemy units... anyone know how to fix this?

Megika

Reaction score
NightShade, it's a modified version of flame strike.
Prediter, I'm posting this from school so I can't check it now. I think I have it set to damage enemies and trees, do I have to set it so it damage enemies air ground and trees? The dummy unit is being spawned for red, because I'm testing the game. Thanks for the reminder.

Another question: How can I give the dummy unit the skill with a level equivalent to the level of the skill that was cast?

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
Unit - set level of Flame Strike for Last Created Unit to (Level of Ability Being Cast for Triggering Unit)

It's the last action in the unit section.
By the way, it's a good idea to post your code when you ask a question. By right clicking on the trigger and selecting the "copy as text" option, you can transfer it straight to TheHelper if you use code tags.

Megika

Reaction score
Hmmm... flame strike still isn't causing damage... Here's the trigger:
Code:
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Firestomp 
    Actions
        Set CasterPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Unit - Create 1 Dummycaster for (Triggering player) at CasterPoint facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Hide (Last created unit)
        Unit - Add Flame Strike to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Set level of Flame Strike (Proxy)  for (Last created unit) to (Level of Firestomp  for (Triggering unit))
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike CasterPoint
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        Unit - Kill (Last created unit)
I found that if I didn't have the wait, it would kill the dummy before flame strike becomes active. All the levels of the flame strike are set to affect Air, Enemy, Ground, Hero, Tree. The dummy has ghost and locust. Obviously Firestomp is the ability in question. When I cast the spell it does the stomp, casts the flame strike, then the flame strike does no damage to anything. I cannot fathom why it is not working... help please.

Megika

Reaction score
AceHart, thanks for the trigger correction. Flame Strike isn't a *proper* channeling ability, it only requires channeling for about a second or two. Then it will continue without requiring channeling.

13lade, there's no method of changing the cast delay (at least in the object editor). The casting time is changeable, but not the short channeling time.

Anyone have any idea why it might not be working?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Code:
Unit - Create 1 Dummycaster for [B](Triggering player)[/B] at CasterPoint facing Default building facing degrees

Owner of (Triggering unit).

> Air, Enemy, Ground, Hero, Tree

Try 'Air, Enemy, Ground' only. If it works, then it's something wrong with your targets allowed.

Edit:
> isn't a *proper* channeling ability

It isn't a channeling spell. Ace was mentioning about the waits. Use Expiration Timer instead. Also, make sure the timer is longer than the duration of the Flamestrike.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
flame strike which is cast doesn't damage the enemy units
maybe the object editor has the problem

for the trigger change the expiration time of the dummy to the duration of the flame strike spell so that wc3 will register the right bounty for the player

Megika

Reaction score
Well, I remade the spell in the object editor with the exact same properties and it started working... :nuts: Thanks everyone for your help.

One more thing: a different flame strike-based spell has a very large area of effect, so the lasting flames on the ground are very spread out. Can I increase the number of flames it creates?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.