Help with memory leak

Feralex

Reaction score
This trigger works as intended but when a unit owned by player 5 is ordered an order many many time over it causes the game to lag after a while but i cant see why. The Point variable is destroyed and as far as i can see its the only thing that possibly can cause a memory leak. "CenterofMap" is a point variable created at the initialization of the map.

Code:
YellowRing
    Events
        Advanced - Any Unit is Issued Any Order
    Conditions
        (Owner of (Ordered unit)) Equal to Player 5 (Yellow)
    Actions
        Wait 0.01 seconds
        Set Yellowunitpoint = (CenterofMap offset by (YellowRX[(Custom value of (Ordered unit))], YellowRY[(Custom value of (Ordered unit))]))
        Unit - Move (Ordered unit) instantly to Yellowunitpoint, facing YellowRangle[(Custom value of (Ordered unit))] degrees
        Point - Remove Yellowunitpoint

I dont know if this is necasary to show but its connected to the previous trigger. Its basically a slightly remade respawning-trigger to save the position and facing of all units owned by player 5.

Code:
YellowR
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set YellowRgroup = (Units owned by Player 5 (Yellow))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in YellowRgroup and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set YellowRint = (YellowRint + 1)
                Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to YellowRint
                Custom script: set udg_YellowRX[udg_YellowRint] = GetUnitX(GetEnumUnit())
                Custom script: set udg_YellowRY[udg_YellowRint] = GetUnitY(GetEnumUnit())
                Set YellowRangle[YellowRint] = (Facing of (Picked unit))
        Unit Group - Destroy unit group YellowRgroup

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
Try replacing ordered unit with triggering unit. This may not be the problem, but ordered unit can get lost in a trigger. Whenever possible, use triggering. Other than that, I can't see what's going wrong. (I'm not much of an expert on leaks, though)

Feralex

Reaction score
thanks for the tip but as you said it didnt help the leak.
Still need help!

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Code:
YellowRing
    Events
        Advanced - Any Unit is Issued Any Order
    Conditions
        (Owner of (Ordered unit)) Equal to Player 5 (Yellow)
    Actions
        Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        Set Yellowunitpoint = (CenterofMap offset by (YellowRX[(Custom value of (Ordered unit))], YellowRY[(Custom value of (Ordered unit))]))
        Unit - Move (Ordered unit) instantly to Yellowunitpoint, facing YellowRangle[(Custom value of (Ordered unit))] degrees
        Point - Remove Yellowunitpoint
        Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

Remove the wait. Then turn the trigger on and off. It lagged because everytime you move a unit to a position, the unit will be autamatically ordered to 'stop' which in this case, fires the event again. (If you didn't add the wait, I think it would cause error. But since you added the wait, it only caused extreme lag).

Feralex

Reaction score
Ive tried that now in every possible combination but it either doesnt do anything at all or it causes the game to crash. Like you said, when i remove the wait it causes the game to instantly crash because it loops infinatly.
So the problem still remains

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.