Hero, ability idea. Anything is appreciated.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Alright, i'm currently a co-owner of a Hero Defence and am working on a new hero but ran abit try on creativity.

The Hero is similar to that of Techies in DotA,
or the goblin sapp... something in the normal game.

It's based around Intellegence and more tactical skills rather than attacking.

Currently, i have 2 abilities.

One that placed a mine, which deals damage increaseing per level and a percentage of the casters intellegence at the time of cast.

Other, being a time bomb which detonates within 4 seconds of cast.

I need 2 other ideas for abilities.

They can be passive or active, i dont mind.

Any idea is appriciated aslong as it is unique, interesting and not similar to those specified above.

Note, that I do not want a 'suicide' ability as it defeats alot of the purposes in the Hero Defence.

Possible idea's could be something with a Status Trap or other type of mine (perhaps slow :?)
Anyways, all idea's are appreciated thanks.

B0ndo

Reaction score
An ability which rapidly fires of rockets at nearby players for x seconds? Would be cool. I don't know exactly what you're looking for but this is my idea :)

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply.

That's a nice idea, I might use it thanks.

Hmm, maybe i could find a way to do the damage in a level constant amount + a small amount of the casters Intellegence :?

Lol's. i'l try find a way, thanks again for the idea.

And like I said, anything that would like suit the hero.

B0ndo

Reaction score
If you need a sort of ultimate as last spell you could make a sort of "suicide unit" One of the mechanical units from that little robot building thing.

You can make it seek out to the nearest enemy player and then blow up stunning and damaging nearby players. Wow I'm full of ideas :)

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
haha thanks again for the idea's.

any more would be great aswel, but thanks for the quick reply.

That is a nice idea, as the explosion shall have AoE damage.

Remember, it's a Hero Defence. So all the players are on the same side, defending the center from the waves.

AoE is very nice, so base idea's around that if possible.

If none else come up, i'l use your's. Thanks again
:)

------

EDIT: Lol. came across an idea, and was wondering what the people of this forum thought of it.

How about a Time-Bomb, cast on an enemy unit and after like 4 seconds it explodes doing AoE damage and perhaps slowing/stunning.

I have no problem making this, but is it a good idea?

B0ndo

Reaction score
Oh thought it was like PvP. Yea that idea sounds just as good as the one I told you, just another version :)

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Okay, here it is. The best idea ever.

The Goblin takes a few seconds to load a bomb into his slingshot and fires it in the direction. Distance is based on the amount of time he channeled for, up to a max of X. When he throws it, it will leave a napalm trail because of how hard it was shot out. The napalm deals X percent of the casters intelligence. When it hits a unit it will explode dealing a percent of intelligence. Up to X seconds max cast time.

Also, please don't make the hero like the one in Dota, I find that hero trash, as it can't survive in combat, and theres no way to really be GOOD with him. Make him able to level up.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Haha, yes that's why i was trying to say as much unlike the one in DotA, because he is very unplayable. (Suicide is just pointless in a hero defence)

And ty for the idea, seems like a challenge haha. I'l ask if i need any other help.

Thanks for all the help so far :)

Maks

Reaction score
Just a simple idea, the hero launches a granade at the target point. When it reaches its destiny, the granade explodes dealing some damage and shatteriing into other granades. This could be an iterative shattering process, with the number of times shattered increased by each level of the ability and the base inteligence of the hero plus a constant amount.

(Something like the banana on Worms Armagedon XD)

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Thank you. Idea's used where:

An ability which rapidly fires of rockets at nearby players for x seconds? Would be cool. I don't know exactly what you're looking for but this is my idea

Okay, here it is. The best idea ever.

The Goblin takes a few seconds to load a bomb into his slingshot and fires it in the direction. Distance is based on the amount of time he channeled for, up to a max of X. When he throws it, it will leave a napalm trail because of how hard it was shot out. The napalm deals X percent of the casters intelligence. When it hits a unit it will explode dealing a percent of intelligence. Up to X seconds max cast time.

Also, please don't make the hero like the one in Dota, I find that hero trash, as it can't survive in combat, and theres no way to really be GOOD with him. Make him able to level up.

ty +rep

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Um i know this is old now, but i need one more idea.

The hero description is in the above posts.
Would like an ability that is more passive, like in-combat rather than making bombs or anything like that planted randomly around the map.

Any suggestion is appreciated, +rep for useful idea's.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Multishot -- goblin assistant (here are two of them) throws at enemy units TNT bombs (Phoenix Fire), At max level 3 addditional shots are made (4 free arms). Make it coctail, each level unlocks new useful TNT bomb (slow, ice, poison, etc) when one unit gets hit by all of them (in a period of time) ultimate explosion is enforec upon enemy unit.
Because I am old WE user I can offer you easy solution how to creat this ability. Make at lv one Phoenix fire shoot every 1 second, at level 2 every 0.6 second and at level 3 at 0.3 seconds. It gives illusion of multishot.
To count hits by Phoenix ife use 3 unit groups and timer system. Enemy unit gets damaged, unit has buff of Goblin Multishot (Phoenix Fire) add unit into first unit group, lets call it HitOnceGroup, at same time start timer with 1 second (condition unit is not in HitTwiceGroup, when it expires remove that same unit from all three (HitOnceGroup, HitTwiceGroup, HitTriceGroup).
When unit gets hit by Goblin Multishot and is in HitOnceGroup add that unit to HitTwiceGroup (do not start timer). When unit gets hit and is in both groups (HitOnceGroup & HitTwiceGroup) add that unit to HitTriceGroup. Now when unit gets it and is in all three unit groups (HitOnce..., HitTwice..., HitTrice...) create gigantic explosion at enemy unit (perhaps damage is linked with % of Goblins Int from max enemy HP -- killer ultimate) and remove same unit from all unit groups to restart count.
These triggers help you to spot enemy who got hit by 3 times in a row. For that you need 4 triggers max (to make it easy, you could jass it in "one" trigger also).
I suggest apply on first hit slow, on second hit ice (when you add unit to unit group HitTwiceGroup) and at third hit poison which "melts" ice (or fire).
Imagine how you can chace kill enemies who got through main defence line or just solo kill many units in front of others (farm).

educator

Reaction score
Tear Gas Grenade, causes all units in x aoe to have x% movement speed reduction and deal X% less damage for x seconds, triggered,
base for active, channel, visible, targeting image, point target
soulburn for effect (damage dealt reduction for x seconds)
triggers?
-create "tear gas" unit at target area, slow aura (x% aoe slow)
-unit has buff 'tear gas (slow)', and doesn't have 'tear gas dmg reduction'
then create dummy to cast soulburn on unit

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Multishot -- goblin assistant (here are two of them) throws at enemy units TNT bombs (Phoenix Fire), At max level 3 addditional shots are made (4 free arms). Make it coctail, each level unlocks new useful TNT bomb (slow, ice, poison, etc) when one unit gets hit by all of them (in a period of time) ultimate explosion is enforec upon enemy unit.
Because I am old WE user I can offer you easy solution how to creat this ability. Make at lv one Phoenix fire shoot every 1 second, at level 2 every 0.6 second and at level 3 at 0.3 seconds. It gives illusion of multishot.
To count hits by Phoenix ife use 3 unit groups and timer system. Enemy unit gets damaged, unit has buff of Goblin Multishot (Phoenix Fire) add unit into first unit group, lets call it HitOnceGroup, at same time start timer with 1 second (condition unit is not in HitTwiceGroup, when it expires remove that same unit from all three (HitOnceGroup, HitTwiceGroup, HitTriceGroup).
When unit gets hit by Goblin Multishot and is in HitOnceGroup add that unit to HitTwiceGroup (do not start timer). When unit gets hit and is in both groups (HitOnceGroup & HitTwiceGroup) add that unit to HitTriceGroup. Now when unit gets it and is in all three unit groups (HitOnce..., HitTwice..., HitTrice...) create gigantic explosion at enemy unit (perhaps damage is linked with % of Goblins Int from max enemy HP -- killer ultimate) and remove same unit from all unit groups to restart count.
These triggers help you to spot enemy who got hit by 3 times in a row. For that you need 4 triggers max (to make it easy, you could jass it in "one" trigger also).
I suggest apply on first hit slow, on second hit ice (when you add unit to unit group HitTwiceGroup) and at third hit poison which "melts" ice (or fire).
Imagine how you can chace kill enemies who got through main defence line or just solo kill many units in front of others (farm).

Tear Gas Grenade, causes all units in x aoe to have x% movement speed reduction and deal X% less damage for x seconds, triggered,
base for active, channel, visible, targeting image, point target
soulburn for effect (damage dealt reduction for x seconds)
triggers?
-create "tear gas" unit at target area, slow aura (x% aoe slow)
-unit has buff 'tear gas (slow)', and doesn't have 'tear gas dmg reduction'
then create dummy to cast soulburn on unit

Thanks for these idea's.

how pointless? you get exp even if you die from killing yourself.

Well i'm not gna give it huge range. Therefore it wont hit the whole wave. Wont kill all, and will end up killing yourself pointlessly.
Experience is not the point.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.