Attachments

• Maps.rar
    822.4 KB · Views: 260

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I tested all the maps, here are some bugs i found:

@emiljre:
I dont exactly know how it happens or if it was even intended by you but at some point my blademaster became invulnerable to damage and the cooldowns of all skills were resetted almost imediately after usage.

i also have to say, that i dislike the fact the hero is unselected when the sword dance ability is executed, this, however, doesnt prevent the ability to malfunction if the player is giving multiple orders via shift+clicking. i could make the blademaster use his leap skill while sword dancing by queuing the skills.
it also seems that the sword dance ability is performed while stunned but i am not sure since the animations where rather fast. (got stunned by a sea giant creature in the test map after i ordered my hero to sword dance the shit out of them)

@keychup:
the ultimate ability can end the game if your allied unit with which you have united is stuck in a cliff or other obstacle.
the skills also lack proper animations and special effects, there was almost no eye candy at all.

@dinowc:
when summoning robo goblins there is sometimes an ability icon coming up to detonate the goblins and sometimes its not.
(besides, i dont get the connection between the abilities and the heroes, its like random abilities added to a random hero to me)

@KaerfNomekop:
i couldnt spot any bugs, but the abilities effects are definitely overdone.
especially this:
Channeling. Deals (Soul Count)*(Skill Level) damage in an AoE every second, and Curses 1 random target (silenced, 30/60/90% slow and miss chance). Caster loses 5/4/3% of max HP and Soul Count decreases by 1 per second, until channeling stops.
is way too much effects at one ability.

@Necrach:
voted for your hero because its the most appealing to me, though your abilities effects are kind of overdone as well. too much effects combined in one ability, i usually like quality over quantity.

so far for me, good luck to the jury.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
I dont exactly know how it happens or if it was even intended by you but at some point my blademaster became invulnerable to damage and the cooldowns of all skills were resetted almost imediately after usage.

that is a demo map feature - if the user pressed Esc. enough in a row, I just figure he wants to rapidly test abilities, so I remove cooldowns and such

i also have to say, that i dislike the fact the hero is unselected when the sword dance ability is executed, this, however, doesnt prevent the ability to malfunction if the player is giving multiple orders via shift+clicking. i could make the blademaster use his leap skill while sword dancing by queuing the skills.
it also seems that the sword dance ability is performed while stunned but i am not sure since the animations where rather fast. (got stunned by a sea giant creature in the test map after i ordered my hero to sword dance the shit out of them)

I would have to go back and check but I thought I paused the caster while he "channels" the sword dance, so you shouldn't be able to do stuff like that (queue orders)

good catch on the stun bug

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
it wasnt "within" the dance but shortly before he started teleporing like crazy. he became black and was unselected, then he used the leap skill and then he started the effect of the dance.

NoobImbaPro

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Any comment for me?? I know that I made the enviroment too handy and doesn't give any bonus to my hero for voting...

keychup

Reaction score
@keychup:
the ultimate ability can end the game if your allied unit with which you have united is stuck in a cliff or other obstacle.
the skills also lack proper animations and special effects, there was almost no eye candy at all.
Hehe, it's not an ultimate, if it can be learnt at level 1. And the eye candy I was hoping you'd taste was the possible mobility, speed and drain the the hero could offer.
What eye-candy could be better than such?

Edit: Does getting an ally stuck end the game for me or the enemy?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
@keychup:
well, i forgot that the union spell can be aborted therefor it will not end the game for the user of that last spell, however for the owner of your allies hero the game is definitely over.
i doubt anybody would like to implement a hero in his game which can render other players virtually immovable.

@NoobImbaPro:
Nothing much to say, didnt notice any "bugs".

but to you and KaerfNomekop:
I hate abilities with not visible passive effects like your "soul counts". neither the player nor the enemys can see how many souls are collected. (the way of using a text commando is really cheap) In PvP this can become a problem for balancing since enemys cannot distinguish the power of their target and the player himself has a hard live to know how many souls he has.
at least do something visual, orbs floating around him or maybe special effects on the origin of the hero. some way to say how many "souls" he has collected this far.

well, but i guess all these advice are not very helpful anymore now the submission time is over.

keychup

Reaction score
@keychup:
well, i forgot that the union spell can be aborted therefor it will not end the game for the user of that last spell, however for the owner of your allies hero the game is definitely over.
i doubt anybody would like to implement a hero in his game which can render other players virtually immovable.
yeah. but there are ways around that. if skill 4 can get them stuck, skill 4 can also get them out. you can make blinks, town portals, etc. available.

EDIT: The same problem can be met with the arbitor's 'sanctuary' skill if it flies.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
it really is cheap to assume a map maker would be responsible to clean up your mess.
you could, for example, change the code to make units unable to be stuck in some area. if i was a judge i would definitely give negative points for this, but thats me.

keychup

Reaction score
it really is cheap to assume a map maker would be responsible to clean up your mess.
you could, for example, change the code to make units unable to be stuck in some area. if i was a judge i would definitely give negative points for this, but thats me.

9_9 kk i get it. you don't like maiev's mission where she looks for shadow orbs in TFT campaign.

EDIT: what mess?

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
when summoning robo goblins there is sometimes an ability icon coming up to detonate the goblins and sometimes its not.
when you summon the goblin, after 3 seconds you'll get a sub-skill that let's you detonate the goblin at any time
that's not a bug
if you manage to summon multiple goblins, the sub-skill will detonate all of currently moving goblins (says "active" goblins)
that's not a bug either

however, if the sub-skill doesn't appear at all, or appears before the goblin starts moving, then it's a bug (though it never happened to me and I've tested it like 500 times)

(besides, i dont get the connection between the abilities and the heroes, its like random abilities added to a random hero to me)
hows that? :confused:
a hero with spell breaker's model doesn't always have to be some sort of magic type... though everybody has it's opinion

Necrach

Reaction score
The same problem can be met with the arbitor's 'sanctuary' skill if it flies.

Now, it doesn't fly. And it's exactly for that reason :eek:

Although you guys found that bug, I still think I'm voting for the wisp. (I totally agree what Accname said about the Soul Count heroes!)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How's the actual hero grading coming along, NeuroToxin? :)

NoobImbaPro

Reaction score
@Accname
Hey man, I could made a 100 level ability for soulpoints with icons 1,2,3, do you thing it would be great?? Even 100 orbs floating on your hero??
In my hero everything you need is ok, when you don't have souls it says how much souls you need to activate first ability.
If you don't have soul points you can still cast the other 2 active ones without any problem. They have secondary features to abilities and don't involve too much on them. And your enemy knows your soul count, if he clicks on your hero and press the text needed. I could make an ability for it, but is not efficient at all.There is no point knowing enemy's soulcount, as same as you don't see enemy's mana every time when you attack him.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Agreement with NoobImbaPro. Though my hero's Soul Count limit is only 60, do you think it would be helpful to see 60 souls floating around a single hero? You might be able to get that he has a lot of souls, but that's it. Would you really bother to count all 60 of them? By the time you manage that, some of them will probably have been used.

A simple idea would be to have a buff on the hero, with buff level denoting soul amount. I did think of that, but it's not exactly helpful.

As for the point that Zenedar's ultimate has too many effects, well, that's up to anyone who would like to use the idea themselves. Having plenty of effects gives more variety - you can remove any number of them, retaining just one or two, but the hero will still do something other than damage, which gets boring after a while. (Also, it provides eye-candy :D)

keychup

Reaction score
While the soul count is still in question, the command card is still a good source of notation. i remember making one myself eons ago. But in my opinion, kill counts have become increasingly...well, let's just say that the candy's rotting my enthusiasm.

Arbitor was pretty neat though. "Sanctuary" (for me; though it is obtainable at level 1) is "the shizz".

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
we need a poll extension

don't think I will have time to get to it

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.