Holy Light damage

elpini0

Reaction score
How to make Holy Light deal 100% of damage that it can heal?

Isn't there a constant which controls the conversion of Amount Healed/Damage Dealt??

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
nope... its hardcoded to be 50%, you can trigger it though

elpini0

Reaction score
sure i can, but how can i get "damage done"?

i mean, lets imagine:

Caster A casts Holy Light level 1 on Ghoul, dealing 30 dmg (50% of healing)

Caster B casts Holy Light level 3 on Ghoul, dealing 80 dmg (50% of healing)

How can i trigger it so that when i change the ammount of healing of Holy Light in the editor i don't need to go through every trigger related to this spell and change manually each value for each level?

in the editor you could call abiliy data by using the <A001:DataA1> code but i think that doesn't work with triggers...

elpini0

Reaction score
no, that's not my point xD cause if i decide that 60 is too much healing for lvl 1 i have to go to my ability in the Object Editor and change the field DataA1

in addition, i will have to change the trigger aswell, while i won't have to put a finger (or a mouse) in the ability description cause it says:

"This ability causes <A001: DataA1> damage to target enemy undead unit."

you follow me?

So the question is: Is there any way to make a trigger that detects the damage that my ability "Holy Light" deals? No systems, please, just easy, cheap things

GFreak45

Reaction score
healing / 2 or (S2R(<SpellID: DataA[lvl of ability]>)/2) (string to real conversion)
if thats not what you want im totally confused

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
healing / 2 or (S2R(<SpellID: DataA[lvl of ability]>)/2) (string to real conversion)
if thats not what you want im totally confused
?
Don't think ability 'description' can be captured inside triggers.

> So the question is: Is there any way to make a trigger that detects the damage that my ability "Holy Light" deals? No systems, please, just easy, cheap things
No.

There's no cheap thing. Use 'Autofill field' in the Object Editor. It's rather simple. In the case when Autofill can't be used, you'd need to do it manually. No choice.

Just trigger the whole thing and fill up the description. That's the best that you can get.

elpini0

Reaction score
No solution then... This needs to be done by hand.

You all got +Rep for the effort, thank you anyways.

GFreak45

Reaction score
its actually extraordinarily easy to trigger a holy light like that:

Trigger:
  • Holy Light
    • Events
      • A unit begins the effect of an ability
    • Condition
      • (Ability being cast) is equal to YourAbility
    • Actions
      • If then else
        • If
          • Owner of (Target unit of ability cast) is equal to an enemy of Owner of (Triggerin unit)
        • Then
          • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to deal (math for damage) to (Target unit of ability cast) using Magic Damage ... blah blah i think theres more to this
        • Else
          • Unit - Set Life of (Target unit of ability cast) to (Life of (Target unit of ability cast) + same math)

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.