Hosting at college

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Could be.
Ask the person in charge of the network at your school.

If the network works the way I think it does I doubt they will open a port for you just to host Wc3 games, though.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
I have used work arounds. But It runs so slow its just not worth it.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Chances are, no. This question has been asked here quite a bit, and most of the time the network admin says something like "This network isn't for gaming" or "The port is already taken so you can't have it"...

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Chances are, no. This question has been asked here quite a bit, and most of the time the network admin says something like "This network isn't for gaming" or "The port is already taken so you can't have it"...

well if they give you "the port is already taken", there are a few you can ask for.. 6112, 6113, 6114, etc. up to 6119 i think.. maybe not all of them are taken

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
well if they give you "the port is already taken", there are a few you can ask for.. 6112, 6113, 6114, etc. up to 6119 i think.. maybe not all of them are taken

You can actually use any port you like. Just define it in the game and forward it in the firewall.

"This network isn't for gaming" is probably the most likely response.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe we should stick this thread somewhere. It's quite notable in colleges and universities, such as mine.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Maybe we should stick this thread somewhere. It's quite notable in colleges and universities, such as mine.

There's a reason why they don't let you, school is for knowledge and research NOT FOR GAMES

Samuraid

Advisor
Reaction score
On the contrary, the network administrators at the college I attended were very pro-gaming, and even had some multiplayer LAN games installed on many of the lab computers.

That said, many schools probably do have a standard set of firewall rules enforced that don't allow incoming connections on many of the ports used by popular games.

Unless the network administrators have specifically opened a port to support a game, I doubt you will be able to get such ports opened.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.