How do i make a timer?

Alex

Reaction score
Hi i dono anything about vairibles so plz dont try 2 teach me that just tell me how to make a timer step by step ty be sure to make it retard friendly cause well i am 1 :) !

Bankde

Reaction score
That's would be impossible as Timer itself is variable. And also, when you use timer, it will come along with tons of variables to use across the trigger.

If you don't know anything about variables at all, don't use it.

hopy

Reaction score
Hi i dono anything about vairibles so plz dont try 2 teach me that
There are some awesome tutorials about that on this forum, try to find them for variables are needed in nearly every trigger you're going to make, as well as this one. If you'd take a look at the triggers I've posted below you'll notice that the timer itself is actualy a variable as well.

just tell me how to make a timer step by step ty be sure to make it retard friendly cause well i am 1 :) !

You'll need a timer variable first, no way to do this without. It'll look a little bit like: (hand typed, and please ignore the Event/Condition part... you'll have to fill those in yourself since I have no clue when your event is supposed to trigger!)
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts doing something
    • Conditions
      • (Random action) Equal to Amglol
    • Actions
      • Countdown Timer - Start Timer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 30.00 seconds

Timer is a timer variable.
You could also add something like:
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for Countdown with title Alliance Victory
    • Countdown Timer - Show Timer to (All players)

For a nice window in the corner of your screen.

Now to cause the timer to trigger something you can simply use the timer event:
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Time - Timer expires

Hope this was helpfull, and now go and read every variable tutorail on the forums!!! Woo!

(btwthisismy400thpostftw!)

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Variables is not a difficult concept to learn. When you do, your Map making experience will get 100x better. :thup:

A variable is a representation of something. X = 10. X is the variable. It represents 10. Is that hard to learn? It's the same in the trigger editor. You set a variable to represent something. In this case, you use one to represent a Timer.

Alex

Reaction score
thank you everyone btw i never said dont use variables just i ment do not give me a huge paragraph of words that ive never heard of :D

Alex

Reaction score
Variables is not a difficult concept to learn. When you do, your Map making experience will get 100x better. :thup:

A variable is a representation of something. X = 10. X is the variable. It represents 10. Is that hard to learn? It's the same in the trigger editor. You set a variable to represent something. In this case, you use one to represent a Timer.

math... :D but u explained it very well its like algibra exept instead of a number it could be anything right?

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
math... :D but u explained it very well its like algibra exept instead of a number it could be anything right?

Exactly. You can set a variable to almost anything in the game. Examples:

Trigger:
  • Set Alex = (Triggering unit)

^ variable that represents a unit, we call the variable Alex

Trigger:
  • Set Alex_Life = (Life of (Alex))

^ Integer variable that represents the current hit points of the unit "alex".

So now you have 2 variables: Alex, which represents a unit, and Alex_Life, which represents that unit's current hit points.

Now just use a "Timer" variable for your Timer. :thup:

Whoareyou.

Reaction score

Trigger:

Trigger:

So now you have 2 variables: Alex, which represents a unit, and Alex_Life, which represents that unit's current hit points.

Lol! Nice how you used his name :p.

hopy

Reaction score

Trigger:

Trigger:

Either you're a teacher or you should become one, that was pretty nice. Even I would understand that if I were just starting using variables :p

I personally like to think about variables more like small pieces of the memory with a name in which you'd save data (units, points, life, numbers) for later use, but I guess your post would make a lot more sence than my usualy 5 page story. :p
Ow well, my informatics teachers stories are about as understandable as my random hero trigger.

Alex

Reaction score
i agree with everyone you helped more then any website you should make a thread to teach ppl :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.