How do I set a higher lumber cost for upgrades?

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
When I mean upgrades, basic upgrades, building upgrades, and etc.
Also, I do ask how do I increase the mana cost needed for spells? It is weird, my maximum mana cost for spells is 1000.

I try holding shift then clicking the lumber cost but it won't work for me. I'm using a mac, I have negative values allowed set in the world editor. I can use my Razer keyboard if it does anything to change it? Cause I have no idea if the shift from an apple keyboard is different than a keyboard for windows.

Sjaakje

Reaction score
To what amount of lumber cost are you trying to change it?
And the solution is probably something in Gameplay Constants, have you checked in there?

Xienoph

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
For upgrades, you use the Lumber Increment field. That means that the cost is incremented by that amount for every level.

(or do you mean you want to break the 1000 lumber limit for upgrades?)

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Nothing in Gameplay Constants.

I meant, I want to break the limit of 100,000 for Building Upgrades, like Scout Tower > Guard Tower.

I also want to break the 1000 mana limit.

It's seen in Vampirism Beast, and other maps, they break the limit, I have no idea why? Maybe it's cause they use NewGen? I'm just using basic World Editor with EGUI.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Breaking the limits using shift has nothing to do with Newgen or EGUI or WEU. I use/have none of these and I can bend the limits as far as I want them to bend. There must be something specifically wrong with either your world editor or your shift key.

Try using your shift key for other functions like caps letters or something. If that works (which i think it does) then I would suggest getting your world editor looked at.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
My shift key works. Let me try stuff out, and I'll tell you what I get later. I'll try different buttons. But, seriously, I can only set a maximum of 1000 for the mana cost, it's really weird, and 100,000 for the lumber and gold cost.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
well, as posted above, it works well with shift.
if you really cant use the shift-click method WEU does as well remove all limitations, though WEU is outdated. Use it at own risk.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
The shift-doubleclick method is not present in the Mac version of the World Editor. :thdown: Also, it appears WEU is only for Windows.

To exceed values, you can export the relevant data (File > Export Upgrade Settings...), use a hex editor to edit the values in that file, and re-import it (File > Import Upgrade Settings...), although finding the right portion within the exported file may be difficult.

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
Meh.. WEU is prone to screw over maps.. use grimoire's limitation remover or whatever it is. It's included in the Jass Newgen Pack, which I'm not sure is availiable to mac. I believe it is.

but dang.. needing to exceed 100000 gold, your map must give off quite the bounties for units :p

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Meh.. WEU is prone to screw over maps.. use grimoire's limitation remover or whatever it is. It's included in the Jass Newgen Pack, which I'm not sure is availiable to mac. I believe it is.

but dang.. needing to exceed 100000 gold, your map must give off quite the bounties for units :p

Oh, it's a Vampirism map I made for my clan, just for fun, not really a project that will be released, :D

Okay Weep, I will do what you have said.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.