How do I stop auto attacking on sight?

Werdoo

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm trying to prevent my units from attack as soon as they see an enemy. I want them to attack only when the owner orders them to. I searched a little and found this thing called aquisition range. My trigger is:

Events
Map initialization
Conditions
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 1 (Red)) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Set (Picked unit) aquisition range to 0.00

This has, however, no detectable effect on the units. They still attack if i place them near enemies.

Happy for help :)

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
you could change their line of sight, that should make them almost blind aswell tho, but it should serve your purpose well:)

HellCraft

Reaction score
Events - Unit is issued an order targeting a unit - 'smart'
Actions - Order unit to 'stop'

Not sure if it would work, but you can try it.

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I tried this a long tme ago with a map I was making, I searched upo and down this forum and couldn't find any ways of doing it the way I wanted it to work.

Events - Unit is issued an order targeting a unit - 'smart'
Actions - Order unit to 'stop'
Doesn't work :(

The only other way (I know off) is change the unit to a worker, but this was even worse than auto attack for me, if the units attacked he'll flee. I just wanted the unit to stay put and do nothing until told to.

Werdoo

Reaction score
My units mustn't be blind.

What's the purpose with aquisition range if it can't be used this way?

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
I tried this a long tme ago with a map I was making, I searched upo and down this forum and couldn't find any ways of doing it the way I wanted it to work.

Doesn't work :(

The only other way (I know off) is change the unit to a worker, but this was even worse than auto attack for me, if the units attacked he'll flee. I just wanted the unit to stay put and do nothing until told to.

did you try making it a worker, and disabling "Can Flee"?

Werdoo

Reaction score
did you try making it a worker, and disabling "Can Flee"?

I think that disabling that would make the peasant stand up for itself instead :D

Isn't there anyone out there who've actually succeeded in doing this? Please, let your voice be heard!

hugahug

Reaction score
Set your units type to Worker
It wont attack but for evrey untit u have a workers icon appeasr in left croner...

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, adding and then removing worker classification via trigger works well too, so you don't have that nasty icon.

Haven't used WE for awhile thou, might be wrong.

DonRoman

Reaction score
Just a suggestion, but you can set the alliance type ( or is it called aspect? ) of the players to "Alliance - No Attack" (dont know the english name XD). That way the will stop auto attacking.

However you now have to press "A" to attack units, to prevent this you can create a trigger:

Events - Unit is issued an order targeting a unit
Conditions
- Unit is an Enemy
- Issued order = order smart
Actions
- Turn off this trigger
- Issue triggering unit to attack target unit of issued order
- turn on this trigger

hope it helps ;)

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Why turn off and then turn on the trigger? It seems logically the same as without the turning on/off triggers.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? I see...I thought events occur by player interactions.

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
If you order the unit to attack by triggers, it doesn't register the event as an order of type "smart". DonRoman is wrong, you don't have to disable and enable the trigger.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.