How to: Implement Terrain Modifier Bonuses

Reaction score
Removing the leaks would be great, as it takes just a few additional lines for the trigger, and it can stack up for quite a lag. Also, we don't want new people to mapmaking to create loads of leaks in their maps, now do we? :p

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
To be added in version 2:
-Slow Terrain
-Miss
-Range Increase
-Range Decrease

-Cloudy
While technically possible, there is no efficient way to do those two..

rayquaza218

Reaction score
Lol Kyles warrior. Ingenious job Oninuva. Im gonna have to rep you for this =P. I thought of a really funny way to reveal map areas once. i put dummy units like yours all around places iw anted to reveal. =P. I think the only drawback is that in larger maps, the units placed will incrase alot, and itll become a problem. I had an RPG and the UNIT cap got in my way cuz there were too many units. Other than that, awesome tutorial.

BTW the tutorial is really short.

+rep

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I think the only drawback is that in larger maps, the units placed will incrase alot, and itll become a problem. I had an RPG and the UNIT cap got in my way cuz there were too many units. Other than that, awesome tutorial.

Why not make the vision field larger.

>KylesWarrior

Which part don't you get?

D

Death_Phoeni

Real nice tutorial. I'd always wondered how they did that, would never have though of dummies!

I have one or two queries, however.

If the map is really large, say 194x194, and you placed a lot of those dummy units in, would it cause lag due to lots of units in the game? And is there a limit to the amount of preplaced units you can have in a map? (I suppose you could just make more regions and then spawn them at the start but that would be a pain).

Oninuva

Reaction score
Well, You can make the aura range larger, so you would use less dummies. Yes, it would lag if you massed dummies. Massing anything may cause lag.

Elite Footmen

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
No massing those dummy units won't lag , really it has no model , ect. Make sure it has no shadow

It leaks , make a unit group put all the dummys in it the destroy it.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just wondering, are you going to release V2?

Oninuva

Reaction score
From my "researching" v2 isn't really needed but any ideas of what you want to see? :)

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
Finishing it would be a good idea.
ATM you've left it as "To be added later".
Also remove the leaks as requested.
You could make this very good.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.