how to make a hook like pudge's

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
hmm that is unbelievably complicated and i think i'll be right not making this map

dude, don't give up man!

whats so complicated...
we can help...
whats the problem?
try sending a private message to the creator of that system...

helpmeplease

Reaction score
i cbf making something that complicated i'll just stick to my zombie maps. is there a simple way? just a straight hook that pulls in the first unit it hits? not using jass, or custom scripts.
and i downloaded the map from the site u sent me and it wouldn't save. so i couldn't just make a map using that.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
i cbf making something that complicated i'll just stick to my zombie maps. is there a simple way? just a straight hook that pulls in the first unit it hits? not using jass, or custom scripts.
and i downloaded the map from the site u sent me and it wouldn't save. so i couldn't just make a map using that.

Probably because you need newgen?
Or probably because you need to update jasshelper?

also is impossible to make a hook without jass/custom script

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Probably because you need newgen?
Or probably because you need to update jasshelper?

also is impossible to make a hook without jass/custom script

I'm assuming you meant 'it is' impossible to make a hook without JASS.

When, in reality, it is possible, in theory.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
It is possible to make hook in GUI. But you do need custom scripts for removing leaks etc. But other than that, it can be perfectly made by GUI.

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
It is possible to make hook in GUI. But you do need custom scripts for removing leaks etc. But other than that, it can be perfectly made by GUI.

There is 1 in tutorial & resource section, which made by tinki3 by using GUI. :thup:

avalya

Reaction score
The one made by tinki3 though, is the straight hook, rather than the Pudge Wars one that curves when you move and bounces against objects as well as follows you wherever you go.

helpmeplease

Reaction score
i just want a hook like pudges from dota. can someone just put the triggers up here so i can use them in my map? just the "simple" one.. the other one is like death for a noobie mapper like me. or pm me. either one

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.