How to show damage?

0WN3D

Reaction score
I'm having a problem. When my hero increases damage via triggers, the damage is not show in the "stats screen"(the place where u see ur hero model's face)(not exactly sure what its called:p). If u know dota, Ursa Warrior's 'Become Enrage" is able to show the extra damage increase in his "stats screen".

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
would you mind telling us how you increase your heroes damage via triggers? would be helping alot.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
The only way to show a damage bonus in the unit stats is to add an ability which adds damage or a buff which increases damage, like the Claws of Attack ability, the War Drums Aura or Inner Fire.

0WN3D

Reaction score
would you mind telling us how you increase your heroes damage via triggers? would be helping alot.
Via the
Event"when unit is attacked"
Condition" attacking unit is HeroName"
Damage "Order Attacking unit to Damage attacked unit by 100 Normal damage"

The only way to show a damage bonus in the unit stats is to add an ability which adds damage or a buff which increases damage, like the Claws of Attack ability, the War Drums Aura or Inner Fire.
But Ursa from DoTa is able to base it on amount of hp he have.I don't believe that they made 100+ levels of skills cause Ursa can have all the way to extremely high hp 5k+

mapguy

Reaction score
I think u can add item abilities to hearoes LOTS of times, for example, u can add claws of attack + 6, for example, ten times to the hero to increase it's damage by 60.

and u have to remember that items can't have their level upgraded when in use.

I think the best ways is giving TOMES OF POWER to your hero and when the effects ends you give NEGATIVE TOMES OF POWER to the hero.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
I think u can add item abilities to hearoes LOTS of times, for example, u can add claws of attack + 6, for example, ten times to the hero to increase it's damage by 60.

and u have to remember that items can't have their level upgraded when in use.

I think the best ways is giving TOMES OF POWER to your hero and when the effects ends you give NEGATIVE TOMES OF POWER to the hero.

That would cause lag if the damage is really high. Here's a very easy way to achieve up to 99999 damage. All it takes is 5 skills and a bit of triggering.

Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Set TempReal = 10000.00
    • Set TempDivider = 10000
    • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 5, do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Set TempInt = ((Integer(TempReal)) / TempDivider)
        • Unit - Set level of Ability[(Integer A)] for (Triggering unit) to (TempInt + 1)
        • Set TempReal = (TempReal - (Real((TempInt x TempDivider))))
        • Set TempDivider = (TempDivider / 10)

Let me explain. Here are the variables first

Variables
TempReal - Real
TempDivider - Integer
TempInt - Integer
Ability - Ability Array (Will explain more later)

Okay, basically you have to make 5 abilities. These abilities are based on Item Damage Bonus. Make 10 levels per ability. For the first ability, make it in the interval of 10000. Level 1 would always be 0. So,

Level 1 - 0
Level 2 - 10000
Level 3 - 20000
and so on...

Until you have 10 levels, which should give you 90000 at level 10. Set this ability as "Ability[1]" variable. Then make the second ability based on the same ability. This time, make the ability on intervals of 1000. So,

Level 1 - 0
Level 2 - 1000
Level 3 - 2000
and so on...

At level 10, should be 9000. Set this ability as "Ability[2]" variable. Do this until you have Ability[5].

Now, time to explain the trigger. Basically, all you have to do is to include that trigger whenever you want to set the damage. Obviously you have to add the abilities to the unit whenever you want to use this. TempReal is the damage that you want. So knock yourself out with the values, as long as it's below 99999. If you want a detailed explanation on how the trigger works, I can explain it if you want.

mapguy

Reaction score
That would cause lag if the damage is really high. Here's a very easy way to achieve up to 99999 damage. All it takes is 5 skills and a bit of triggering.

Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Set TempReal = 10000.00
    • Set TempDivider = 10000
    • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 5, do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Set TempInt = ((Integer(TempReal)) / TempDivider)
        • Unit - Set level of Ability[(Integer A)] for (Triggering unit) to (TempInt + 1)
        • Set TempReal = (TempReal - (Real((TempInt x TempDivider))))
        • Set TempDivider = (TempDivider / 10)

Let me explain. Here are the variables first

Variables
TempReal - Real
TempDivider - Integer
TempInt - Integer
Ability - Ability Array (Will explain more later)

Okay, basically you have to make 5 abilities. These abilities are based on Item Damage Bonus. Make 10 levels per ability. For the first ability, make it in the interval of 10000. Level 1 would always be 0. So,

Level 1 - 0
Level 2 - 10000
Level 3 - 20000
and so on...

Until you have 10 levels, which should give you 90000 at level 10. Set this ability as "Ability[1]" variable. Then make the second ability based on the same ability. This time, make the ability on intervals of 1000. So,

Level 1 - 0
Level 2 - 1000
Level 3 - 2000
and so on...

At level 10, should be 9000. Set this ability as "Ability[2]" variable. Do this until you have Ability[5].

Now, time to explain the trigger. Basically, all you have to do is to include that trigger whenever you want to set the damage. Obviously you have to add the abilities to the unit whenever you want to use this. TempReal is the damage that you want. So knock yourself out with the values, as long as it's below 99999. If you want a detailed explanation on how the trigger works, I can explain it if you want.

AWESOME!

u used each ability for one number slot.

very smart.

but it remains the question. can u increase the level of an item ability and make it work? cause I tryed giving an item ability to a hero and it dont goes more than level 1.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
AWESOME!

u used each ability for one number slot.

very smart.

but it remains the question. can u increase the level of an item ability and make it work? cause I tryed giving an item ability to a hero and it dont goes more than level 1.

Yes. All you have to do is to make it a unit ability. I used this in my spell packs, so I know it works. This works for damage and armor at least. For life, there's a bug that I discovered. Here's a link explaining that bug.

0WN3D

Reaction score
Thx Glenphir..... Though a lot of work to be done but well.... it workz...Thx again +rep

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.