Huge Campaign Ideas - Need Help

stavious

Reaction score
CenshiCheese said:
Im pretty sure ner'zul in Orc Form would be out shamaned by Thrall. but tahts one of those matter of opinion things. Like Kel'jeadan vs arcamond, the battle prolly wont happen.
Yes maybe, but remember: opening portals means demonic magics, which Ner'zhul used, but Thrall forbids his Horde to use, and would never do it himself. Also opening portals is meant to bring more demons in. And that is the last thing the Horde went to Outland to do.

CenshiCheese said:
Secondly, Kel'jeadan was Uber Powerfull couse of Sargaris, all newcomers are gonna either be really dumb, or really weak, and it would take quite the beast to be both. So im guessing these newcomers are gonna be two halves of the coin, dreadlord smart and pitlord strong otherwise your gonna have to explain why their so powerfull.
Wow, can you explain this part a bit? What do you mean so powerful? They're demons... :confused:

CenshiCheese said:
another note, Are these new guys coming for the well's power, or for revenge of their fallen brothers? where did they get their army from? Sargaras travaled throughout the univers to gather his army and now some rogue force (i say rogue, becouse if it were the leagons attack kel'jeadon would be at least planning it since he is the highest in command) is taking this place? Why would the demons want to fight for these demons? Sargaras promised/gave them great power, and these ones have nothing to offer.
Not all of the Legion attacked Azeroth. These are just two that were doing something else for the Legion while the attack took place, and now Kil'jaden has send them to Outland to rebuild the Legion's bases there and master their huge forces.

Happy to answer :) .

C

CenshiCheese

Yeah for thrall that would be going kinda the demon hunter way eh. (using demonic power to kill demons)

In the old days demans were like "Yarr..." powerfull while sargaras was killing them, then he turned, He gathered em all, and buffed em all to "GAAARRR!!"bluge and the smart become super strong and powerfull, and the dumb became, well more powerfull, they wernt meant to be smart, jsut tools.

Power of a titan can go a long way.

I know that all of the leagon didnt attack, demons are spread over all the planets of the universe. And i told u that kel'jeadan was leading! and who is why are they doing this, you never answered taht question

stavious

Reaction score
CenshiCheese said:
who is why are they doing this, you never answered taht question
These are agents of the Burning Legion, now part of what is known as the Burning Crusade ;) . They have returned to Outland to start to master their Demonic forces there secretly while also fighting against Illidan's forces from time to time (since he failed Kil'jaden). They have no personal hatred for the Orcs, but the Orcs are the ones that have discovered their being in Outland and are coming to destroy their bases and portals before they are able to rebuild some of the lost Burning Legion.
Hope that answers all your questions :D .

If anyone has any more questions then please feel free to ask ;) .

stavious

Reaction score
Hey everyone, been gone for a while but I'm back now and ready to give this campaign project the push it needs. I just want to remind everyone that this project is still alive. There is no release date in the near future, but the progress is good and steady. So far it seems like two chapters are very close to being completed; which is fairly good. But since I have been away for a month and have only jsut returned to business then the project is going to get worked on heavily now. Hope all goes well from here on. :)
We now have some screenshots so check the campaign's site for more info on that. :D

To the campaign Team:
May everyone who is helping on the campaign please PM when they read this. I need you to send me all work completed so far (even if it's not done; continue working on it - I just want to know where it is at exactly). Also send a progress report in the previously used form ;) .

Storyline Info:
I have finalized the storyline, but am not going to reveal it as it will be part of the game to check it out. So far the first 4 of 7 chapters are being worked on and thus final. Read about them on this thread or on the site. If anyone has any suggestions about the following 3 chapters (what they should be, what should happen etc.) please post them here (I know what I want I am just greatly interested in people's ideas).

Questions:
If anyone has any questions to ask about this campaign, its process, story or anything else that is related please feel welcome to do so.

Help Needed:
Dispite everyones great help (which is thanked a lot), there are a few more jobs availabe in the campaign team that are extremly important.
Currently we need:
- Advanced Triggerer: Able to make nearly every trigger and action work smoothly. Includes making cinematics and leaderboards.
- AI editor: Someone who can easily enough handle the AI without any problems, making it work well and clean.
- Model Creator: Original I had WoW_Error make the models, but since he has been gone for a long time and I haven't heard from him since I am willing to re-open this post to others who are expert model makers and can make a couple of new models for this campaign that look as good as all the ones in the normal game.
If you want to join the team under one of these categories please PM me or post so here. All help is greatly appricated and thanked.

R

RomanKing

Some help for ya

Hey I can help you with the storyline if you need. Also I am great at terraining, and triggering. So if you got any problems I can fix them. And I'm also good with cinematics, I am good at using creative shots to make the story come to life. So just tell me if you want me to help.

ps: i see u need help with leaderboards... I'm your man

stavious

Reaction score
RomanKing said:
Hey I can help you with the storyline if you need. Also I am great at terraining, and triggering. So if you got any problems I can fix them. And I'm also good with cinematics, I am good at using creative shots to make the story come to life. So just tell me if you want me to help.

ps: i see u need help with leaderboards... I'm your man
This is great :D . I'll sign you up as a triggerer OK? It's the main required part right now, and it does include cinematics and leaderboards ;) . Thanx for helping, I'll PM you soon. :)

C

CenshiCheese

When did it say that the demons were the burning crusade? Im never heard the people actualy call them that, and if u have disregard this, but you shouldnt get ahead of the game. We may be the Burning Crusade.

Right now their are 3 alliances; Demons, Scurge, and Horde+Alliance.
I relize that the horde would want to kill the demons, but i beleave that the demons would just want to reverse their mistake and count their losses. But thats just me, i try to think outside the box.

Demon generals have however never been the kind to settle with half the Treasure.

Whatever, not make game.

stavious

Reaction score
CenshiCheese said:
When did it say that the demons were the burning crusade? Im never heard the people actualy call them that, and if u have disregard this, but you shouldnt get ahead of the game. We may be the Burning Crusade.

Right now their are 3 alliances; Demons, Scurge, and Horde+Alliance.
I relize that the horde would want to kill the demons, but i beleave that the demons would just want to reverse their mistake and count their losses. But thats just me, i try to think outside the box.

Demon generals have however never been the kind to settle with half the Treasure.

Whatever, not make game.
You got a point. Let's see how I can answer this one...
The Burning Crusade are not surely demons, true. But they could be (Burning Legion - if they had a Crusade, which in my campaign they do, it will probably be called the Burning Crusade). They are also though not attacking, just re-grouping on Outland, where they must rebuild their strength after Illidan defeated their people there. They are not the offense in this case, but the defence. The great plan of the Orcs is to suprise them before they are completly ready to attack Azeroth again ;) .
PS. the Horde+Alliance is now alliance, they are fighting each other again, despite the events in WC3.

C

CenshiCheese

First off im not completely sure u know what crusade means.

Second, yes they are allied. thrall said so himself, that dispite their small fudes the land is much calmer then befor. Their hasent been 1 actual battle against the alliance or horde since wc3 RoC.

stavious

Reaction score
CenshiCheese said:
First off im not completely sure u know what crusade means.
Yeah I know, mine isn't really a crusade yet. But I never said they were actually until you mentioned it :eek: . Anyway, they will be a Crusade after they make all their preperations; which the Horde is determined not to let them do.

CenshiCheese said:
Second, yes they are allied. thrall said so himself, that dispite their small fudes the land is much calmer then befor. Their hasent been 1 actual battle against the alliance or horde since wc3 RoC.
They are not really. It's an alliance on paper only (as they call it). In WoW Horde fight the Alliance, and places like Battlegrounds in WoW are larger battles which should be noted as showing no form of alliance what-so-ever.

C

CenshiCheese

Do u know what Av is? its 200(npc's included) people fighting over land. Do u know what a real battle is? 5000 on each side. tahts a real battle. Ever hear AB? 30 people going at it for land. This isnt war, its gangs battling over turf.

Cheese to the Max

A

AndyMan

AndyMan (Dont know how to put a picture here)

Does anyone know when this campaign will be finished? Because it sounds like a very good one!

stavious

Reaction score
AndyMan said:
Does anyone know when this campaign will be finished? Because it sounds like a very good one!
Thanx for the compliment :D . Currently I don't know exactly when we will finish this huge project. The fact that it is now summer, and a lot of people are on vacation isn't doing this project much good :eek: . The campaign though will be released in two parts. Part One which will include chapters 1-4 is coming up. I was thinking about a date after reading this post, and I think a good date would be the 30th of September. That is when the RPG contest I'm judging is finished, so all those how participated will get a beta copy of the first 4 chapters of the campaign then (was suppose to be sort of a suprise, but oh well... :p ).
So we have it: Beta of Chapters 1-4 of the Orc Campaign - The Forgotten Homeland will be released on the 30th of September! (Hopefully :eek: ).

stavious

Reaction score
CenshiCheese said:
No reply to my comment? Pfft.
Well what can I say? Battles are big sure, but in Warcraft they are always scaled down. Normally in Wacraft battles you actually only command 30 people at the most. So the Battlegrounds in WoW are that size, and assuming a lot players go there every day. But I don't feel like getting into it because it is unrelated to the campaign :eek: .

stavious

Reaction score
CenshiCheese said:
well it is in the sence of humans and orcs alliance
Which is also unrelated :eek: .
Anyway I'll clarify something: The playable force is the Horde (as seen in WC3 but only with a few new stuff: hero, units, upgrades and etc.). But since this is happening during WoW time, then the Horde as we know it is actually including the Forsaken. But the Forsaken thus far take not part in this campaign except for being mentioned once by Thrall telling Cairne that the Forsaken will not take part in their expedition to Outland :p . Anyhow, the deal is that now the Blood Elves are part of the Horde too, and I don't know how that will be involved in the campaign; espcially with it being in Outland where Kael and his Blood Elves currently reside. I guess we'll jsut have to wait and see... ;)

C

CenshiCheese

Prince keal swore his loyalty to illidan, not the horde, and yes their are Elvs in outland but they are not the hordes, the all the elves that are allied with the horde are in their runed city of silvermoon.

And yes i dont think the undead would like to go with the orcs in outland, the only reason their with them is becouse their otherwise outnumbered.

stavious

Reaction score
CenshiCheese said:
Prince keal swore his loyalty to illidan, not the horde, and yes their are Elvs in outland but they are not the hordes, the all the elves that are allied with the horde are in their runed city of silvermoon.
This is taken from the Blizzard site:
'Rommath was sent back to carry a message of hope to those blood elves remaining in Quel'Thalas. Rommath accomplished his mission: relaying tales of a glorious promised land, spreading the teachings of Illidan (teachings which Rommath smoothly attributed to Prince Kael'thas), and planting the notion that Kael'thas might one day return to lead his people to paradise. Rommath has since remained in Quel'Thalas to help rebuild and await the prince's return.'
So there is some connection, but I doubt I'll build on it in this campaign.

CenshiCheese said:
And yes i dont think the undead would like to go with the orcs in outland, the only reason their with them is becouse their otherwise outnumbered.
Yeah. That's what I was thinking :D .

C

CenshiCheese

Never read that part, didnt see it anywhere.. Its just on the WoW site tho...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.