Huge Campaign Ideas - Need Help

stavious

Reaction score
CenshiCheese said:
Never read that part, didnt see it anywhere.. Its just on the WoW site tho...
Here's the link from where I took that section: Histroy of the Blood Elves. It's in Chapter 5 and from the last passage there ;) . Keep tuned in to Blizzard's lore revelance. They update around once a month :p .

stavious

Reaction score
WorpeX said:
*raises hand* I can do AI fairly well, i'll give it a try. ^^
OK good. That is really nice of you :D . Right now I am waiting for Mullit to finalize the terrain in Chatper 2 and send it to me. After that is done I'll let you mess around with it's AI ;) . Good luck (I didn't understand the first thing about AI when I tried using it - hope you can do better :p ). I'll PM you when I have a job for you :D .

WorpeX

Reaction score
I have a pretty good unstanding of it, but most complex AI actions are done in triggers.

stavious

Reaction score
WorpeX said:
I have a pretty good unstanding of it, but most complex AI actions are done in triggers.
That's good. And you can do those triggers too right? Can you do some advanced triggers as well? (for some other issue?)

stavious

Reaction score
To All:
The Orc Campaign is in search of a Modeler. The job will include making precisely 5 completely new models :eek: , and 5-8 models based on already existing ones. There will be little time pressure on this job hopefully, and I assume it will only require the creation of a new model every 2-3 weeks (is that enough time? I don't know never modeled myself :eek: ). The worker will be rewarded by a lot of +rep on this forum and by the satisfaction of making one of the most important things for the coming campaign ;) . Please sign up here or PM about it. Thank you so much for your attention :D .

To WorpeX:
Good. I will contact you when I got something to assign you (probably in the next couple of days) :) . Thank you for helping.

A

ApocRhino

if u need help with nething else id gladly help..just not with triggs..i can do sfx prtty good

stavious

Reaction score
ApocRhino said:
if u need help with nething else id gladly help..just not with triggs..i can do sfx prtty good
Right now we really need a modeler. Can you create models?

A

ApocRhino

u mean like creating custom models with like gmax?..b/c if that, i cant srrry
(o and check my other post..i fixed the volcano map..sry for puting this in ur post)

stavious

Reaction score
Attention please ( :p ). Still looking for a modeler that can make good models for the campaign. Read here for more info about that. Please contact me in any way if you want to be the great modeler for this project ;) . Anyone is welcome to help :D .

K

Kadgar

Can i Help? I can't do modles yet, i am just getting started with g max and i can make balls and stuff but nothing really good. Can I try with making icons too? i am newb at it but i can give it a shot.

stavious

Reaction score
Kadgar said:
Can i Help? I can't do modles yet, i am just getting started with g max and i can make balls and stuff but nothing really good. Can I try with making ice s too? i am newb at it but i can give it a shot.
Sure you can help. But can you skin at least? And what do you mean by ice s ? You can help with other stuff that deal with models (there are plenty ;) ).
But I still need a more experienced modeler for this job :eek: .

Anything.

Reaction score
There are some patchy spots with your campaign, but I don't want to point them out because I could be terribly wrong, and besides, I would rather not mess up your plans.

I could make a list of Orcish names, maybe, if you needed.

Thaz'rul Ragefist
Thurek Coldmarrow
Razul Bladestab
Zarank Grimsteel
Bathul Razorarm
Aszrai Pyrebane
Brak Firmgrip
Vanthar Stormwolf
Chthar Gougestrike

Simple really... Meaningless, simple syllabled first name, last name conjunction of two commonly non-related words, which in result together would create a very unpleasant means of torture...

I could also try to make a hero... If I actually had some time. My hands are pretty sore, because I'm on a stupid laptop. Maybe sometime else.

stavious

Reaction score
Anything. said:
There are some patchy spots with your campaign, but I don't want to point them out
Please do point them out if you see them. I spent a lot of time reading Warcraft lore and analyzing the characters of the games to see how they will act out in my campaign. If you see anything that doesn't fit please point it out to me, so I can either see it and change it, or prove to you that it is right so you won't be confused ;) .

Anything.

Reaction score
Okay... I'll begin here (I'll bold stuff which needs attention):
Thrall meets with Cairne in the Barrens, discussing their campaign of war to Outland, in order to destroy the Burning Legion. Cairne informs Thrall that the Tauren still need time to prepare for war, and that the Trolls have not yet arrived. Though his forces aren't fully mastered, Thrall decides to strike quickly, even if it means only with his Orc troops, for he fears that the Burning Legion may gain strength soon, and waiting for them to improve their ranks would mean losing the battle. It is the Orc's task in the first chapter of this campaign to find a Dimensional Gate, which they know to exist in the Barrens, leading to Outland. They need though to defeat the Burning Legion's base which currently protects the Gate.
#1 Thing is, Cairne and Thrall are the appointed leaders of Orgrimmar and Thunder Bluff, respectively, and with them both meeting in the Barrens would be a tactical suicide, because the capitals would be vulnerable to a full on Alliance assault - word could slip to the other faction. You should go around this by making Cairne's SON go to Outland and Cairne himself stay in Mulgore. #2 It would be more fit if an Orcish Warchief informed Thrall. Trolls are not closely allied with the Tauren, but rather to the Orcs because Thrall had avenged Sen'jin, not Cairne. #3 The Burning Legion (Maybe Burning Blade, you talk about?) have other things to worry about than their weaker counterparts (so they say), and their Pit Lord master isn't as much intent on destroying them, and turning them against themselves, to get them out of the way, to create world destruction. #4 There are no dimensional gates in the Barrens. Dimensional gates are extremely large structures that have been mostly destroyed, except the one near Nethergarde Keep. (You could maneuver to use the Stone atop Dreadmist Peak in Northwestern Barrens).
Now at Outland the Orcs must build their superior base on this land. The problem is that the Draenei tribes (the Broken, as seen in TFT) who live in the area hate Orcs and continuly attack their base. So the mission would be to build a large base and fight the attacking tribes at the same time. The units are still only Orcs. After the base is built, Orc scouts inform Thrall that they have spotted fellow Orcs also fighting with the Draenei (these are, of course, the Fel Orcs/Chaos Orcs). These willingly going Thrall's forces (and the Fel Orc Blademaster hero is added to the forces, along with the tribe - yet they are computer controlled). Just before the Draenei are killed their hero master casts a blast that send the two Orc heroes flying onto another crater in the broken lands.
#1 and #2, the Draenei are beings of higher intelligence. They would not risk fighting two forces at the same time, much less use those two forces to defeat eachother. If anything, the Draenei would ally themselves with the Greenskinners to defeat the Fel Orcs - they are their true enemies. #3 If it were a crater then it would be easy to get out of. I believe the word you are looking for is Abyss and / or Nether Chasm.

Having finally prepared their forces and come to join the Horde Volijin (possibly in the Shadow Hunter model) and Cairne have crossed the Dimensional Gate to Outland, and joined Thrall's forces (only without Thrall for he has not yet returned after the explosion). Their mission now is to defend their base against the Burning Legions waves until Thrall and the Fel Orc Blademaster return. Finally when they do return the Horde is ready for their strike against the Burning Crusaders of Outland in a massive attack.
#1 Vol'jin* - but why would Vol'jin be here? Vol'jin is the last leader of the Horde - the Forsaken care little about the Horde in its entirety, but ally themselves with them to defeat the Alliance forces, and the Scourge. Without Horde influence, the Horde would be condemned to exodus in the first dimension - and the Horde are not likely to give this up - the land named after Thrall's father, Durotan and Orgrimmar named after Thrall's best friend in Hillsbrad. #2 The Fel Orc forces... Massive attack... Doesn't sound right...

Now, all you need to do is fix up these things... Or tell me why you shouldn't :)

stavious

Reaction score
Many Answers

First off I got to say: I love the way you're thinking ;) , hitting it on with all the little and tactial details. Good job :D .
Anything. said:
#1 Thing is, Cairne and Thrall are the appointed leaders of Orgrimmar and Thunder Bluff, respectively, and with them both meeting in the Barrens would be a tactical suicide, because the capitals would be vulnerable to a full on Alliance assault - word could slip to the other faction. You should go around this by making Cairne's SON go to Outland and Cairne himself stay in Mulgore.
I don't think the Horde has much to fear from an attack on their capital cities from the Alliance, who are trying to maintain the 'peace'. Jaina is the clostest (geographically speaking) Alliance force leader to the Horde, and respects Thrall. The second are the Night Elves, who have no reason to fight the Horde. The meeting is short (it is just an explanation part which will open up the campaign in order for the players to easily understand what is going on). Cairne's son is not involved in the campaign in any way, and is not going to be included because he is not a warrior yet and doesn't relate to anything else but your suggestion here. Also the barrens are near Murloge and Orgimaar. The attack isn't going to start in the half a day the leaders aren't there, and the attack won't be lost just because they are absent :p .

Anything. said:
#2 It would be more fit if an Orcish Warchief informed Thrall. Trolls are not closely allied with the Tauren, but rather to the Orcs because Thrall had avenged Sen'jin, not Cairne.
Not very relevant actually :p . The Trolls and Tauren have become better friends since Warcraft 3 ;) . During the campaign they are mastering their forces at the same base, so it is only appropiate that Vol'jin stay, and Cairne go tell Thrall that they need more time.

Anything. said:
#3 The Burning Legion (Maybe Burning Blade, you talk about?) have other things to worry about than their weaker counterparts (so they say), and their Pit Lord master isn't as much intent on destroying them, and turning them against themselves, to get them out of the way, to create world destruction.
What do you mean by this? I didn't fully understand this part, please explain :eek: .

Anything. said:
#4 There are no dimensional gates in the Barrens. Dimensional gates are extremely large structures that have been mostly destroyed, except the one near Nethergarde Keep. (You could maneuver to use the Stone atop Dreadmist Peak in Northwestern Barrens).
The barrens are a big place, who knows? For the purpose of my campaign it is in the barrens. Does it really matter if there is an extra one? (I'm asking, wanting to know for real if it matters; if it doesn't mess up some plot or something :p ...)

Anything. said:
#1 and #2, the Draenei are beings of higher intelligence. They would not risk fighting two forces at the same time, much less use those two forces to defeat eachother. If anything, the Draenei would ally themselves with the Greenskinners to defeat the Fel Orcs - they are their true enemies.
The are smart. That is why they are trying to stop the Orcs before they master into their full army. They want to stop them from becoming stronger so they attack them while they are still weak. Also the Horde's Orcs are also the ones that corrupted the Draenei's home. It was done by all the Orcs, only that the Fel Orcs stayed there afterwards and the others didn't. Anyway I can't see the Draenei teaming up with any type of Orcs ;) .

Anything. said:
#3 If it were a crater then it would be easy to get out of. I believe the word you are looking for is Abyss and / or Nether Chasm.
True. Wrong wording. I meant more of a different floating island in Outland (a large one filled with Draenei traps ;) ).

Anything. said:
#1 Vol'jin* - but why would Vol'jin be here? Vol'jin is the last leader of the Horde - the Forsaken care little about the Horde in its entirety, but ally themselves with them to defeat the Alliance forces, and the Scourge. Without Horde influence, the Horde would be condemned to exodus in the first dimension - and the Horde are not likely to give this up - the land named after Thrall's father, Durotan and Orgrimmar named after Thrall's best friend in Hillsbrad.
The main idea is to let players play all leaders of the Horde, to make the game more fun :D . That is why they are all in Outland; and because it is a large scale assualt that they are doing, and should be taken seriously, with the major leaders there. Don't worry about the Horde's land though. Wise and powerful people like Drek'thar, Zor Lonetree and Nazgrel are staying in Azeroth to protect their lands (the campaign hints that Drek'thar is commanding the Horde in Thrall's absent).

Anything. said:
#2 The Fel Orc forces... Massive attack... Doesn't sound right...
Lol... :p why not??

Hope this answer most of your questions :) .

Anything.

Reaction score
I don't think the Horde has much to fear from an attack on their capital cities from the Alliance, who are trying to maintain the 'peace'. Jaina is the clostest (geographically speaking) Alliance force leader to the Horde, and respects Thrall. The second are the Night Elves, who have no reason to fight the Horde. The meeting is short (it is just an explanation part which will open up the campaign in order for the players to easily understand what is going on). Cairne's son is not involved in the campaign in any way, and is not going to be included because he is not a warrior yet and doesn't relate to anything else but your suggestion here. Also the barrens are near Murloge and Orgimaar. The attack isn't going to start in the half a day the leaders aren't there, and the attack won't be lost just because they are absent .
More replies! #1 Jaina does not control the entirety of Dustwallow Marsh. In the World of Warcraft quest, the Missing Diplomat, there is a myriad of Alliance betrayers, or Theramore guards. Also there is a HUGE human stronghold in Eastern Barrens and a small one in Durotar, allied with Admiral Proudmoore. #2 The Night Elves are at constant war with the Orcs. They believe that the Orcs are savage and unjust, and are also fighting over Warsong Gulch, Feralas, Stonetalon Peak, and Ashenvale. #3 Actually, you get to play as him in the Orc campaign and you can see that he is actually the new Chieftain of Thunder Bluff (my mistake before about Cairne).
#3 The Burning Legion (Maybe Burning Blade, you talk about?) have other things to worry about than their weaker counterparts (so they say), and their Pit Lord master isn't as much intent on destroying them, and turning them against themselves, to get them out of the way, to create world destruction.
Forget the Burning Blade :) That is Rend Blackhand's group I think. If you play the Orc campaign on RoC about when Grom is sent to Ashenvale to prepare lumber, then you can see the cinematic about how the Pit Lord just wanted them to destroy the Night Elves by tainting them with his blood, as opposed to him destroying the Orcs. The Pit Lord is not intent on slaying the orcs, but instead corrupting them with bloodlust and rage.
The barrens are a big place, who knows? For the purpose of my campaign it is in the barrens. Does it really matter if there is an extra one? (I'm asking, wanting to know for real if it matters; if it doesn't mess up some plot or something ...)
I've got an idea. There is a Burning Blade / Searing Blade (I forget which) above Dreadmist Peak in the Barrens with a magical stone which could, I think in the campaign, create destruction if it was not destroyed. Perhaps this destruction is an army of demonic forces - there was a portal on top of the stone. As for an extra one, then that would be pretty chaotic. The center of the Barrens is situated as a Horde camp, the Northwest is situated by Harpies, the Northeast is a Venture Co. Camp and Mine, the North is the Warsong Gulch battle camp, the East is Ratchet and the HUMAN STRONGHOLD. The Southern lands are all taken by Razormane, and the Tauren camp, and the Southeastern lands are Dustwallow Marsh and, further Onyxia's lair. Any space in between would be Raptor lands, and the Raptors in the Barrens are apparently VERY VERY intelligent.
The main idea is to let players play all leaders of the Horde, to make the game more fun . That is why they are all in Outland; and because it is a large scale assualt that they are doing, and should be taken seriously, with the major leaders there. Don't worry about the Horde's land though. Wise and powerful people like Drek'thar, Zor Lonetree and Nazgrel are staying in Azeroth to protect their lands (the campaign hints that Drek'thar is commanding the Horde in Thrall's absent).
Yep, makes sense to use all of the Battlemasters and high council T-T
Lol... why not??
Haha, the Fel Orc forces outnumber them, by very much...

Also... please review this map I made up. Blue X's are possible agression points for Alliance. http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e236/LoLwtFbbQcom/map.jpg

stavious

Reaction score
Anything. said:
More replies! #1 Jaina does not control the entirety of Dustwallow Marsh. In the World of Warcraft quest, the Missing Diplomat, there is a myriad of Alliance betrayers, or Theramore guards. Also there is a HUGE human stronghold in Eastern Barrens and a small one in Durotar, allied with Admiral Proudmoore. #2 The Night Elves are at constant war with the Orcs. They believe that the Orcs are savage and unjust, and are also fighting over Warsong Gulch, Feralas, Stonetalon Peak, and Ashenvale. #3 Actually, you get to play as him in the Orc campaign and you can see that he is actually the new Chieftain of Thunder Bluff (my mistake before about Cairne).
In general, the Alliance has no reason to go to a massive war against the Horde. They are very unorganized at the moment, to a point where it limits their power dramtically (the human king is a kid, Furion is in the Emerald Dream, the Night Elves are nearly in a civil war between the leaders Tyrande Whisperwind and Arch-Druid Fandral Staghelm, and the Dwarf's King's daughter is missing). In comparison all races of the Horde (part the Forsaken who stand nuteral) will follow Thrall's orders with no question. So I hope you agree with me now that the Horde has nothing to fear from the Alliance in terms of a major attack :) .

Anything. said:
Forget the Burning Blade :) That is Rend Blackhand's group I think. If you play the Orc campaign on RoC about when Grom is sent to Ashenvale to prepare lumber, then you can see the cinematic about how the Pit Lord just wanted them to destroy the Night Elves by tainting them with his blood, as opposed to him destroying the Orcs. The Pit Lord is not intent on slaying the orcs, but instead corrupting them with bloodlust and rage.
Oh right. Well most of the leaders of the Crusade here will be Dread Lords. Also the Pit Lords pretty much understood that the Orcs are now 'pure' (or at least more than before). Also it was only Mannaroth that tried to do this, not all of them - and Mannaroth is dead; not all Pit Lord blood is corrupting (I think :p). Anyway, the Orcs are the offense race in this campaign (which is something that is a bit new in the lore history ;) ). But the Burning Legion will only attack the Horde's forces in wish to defend their own.

Anything. said:
I've got an idea. There is a Burning Blade / Searing Blade (I forget which) above Dreadmist Peak in the Barrens with a magical stone which could, I think in the campaign, create destruction if it was not destroyed. Perhaps this destruction is an army of demonic forces - there was a portal on top of the stone. As for an extra one, then that would be pretty chaotic. The center of the Barrens is situated as a Horde camp, the Northwest is situated by Harpies, the Northeast is a Venture Co. Camp and Mine, the North is the Warsong Gulch battle camp, the East is Ratchet and the HUMAN STRONGHOLD. The Southern lands are all taken by Razormane, and the Tauren camp, and the Southeastern lands are Dustwallow Marsh and, further Onyxia's lair. Any space in between would be Raptor lands, and the Raptors in the Barrens are apparently VERY VERY intelligent.
For the record I never played World of Warcraft, so I don't know some of these things :p . Anyway, I can't believe they have searched everywhere yet. The campaign even starts with them still searching for the Gate, as it is placed in a hidden place unknown to the Horde. If it's that important I think we can say that the Legion constructed this new Gateway (is that possible to do - can they construct a gate? does it make sense? is it logically possible?). This does though seem to be the major problem right now that I haven't thought about it :( and the level with this portal is 90% complete already :eek: . I doubt I'll change it, but I might change the story around it so tell me what you think ;) .

Anything. said:
Yep, makes sense to use all of the Battlemasters and high council T-T
I'm glad you agree :D .

Anything. said:
Haha, the Fel Orc forces outnumber them, by very much...
Outnumber who? The Horde? - no way. The Draenei (The Broken and the Lost Ones)? - I doubt that too. Oh yeh, do note that the Draenei I'm talking about in this campaign are not the Draenei which are a playable Alliance race in the Burning Crusade game (as the idea came before that anouncement :eek: ).

Hope this answers the questions you had :) . Keep them coming if needed ;) .

Anything.

Reaction score
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e236/LoLwtFbbQcom/map.jpg

Please review this map. The circles are VERY generous -.-

Blue X's are possible agression points, the red circles are where the portals shouldn't be.

Outnumber who? The Horde? - no way. The Draenei (The Broken and the Lost Ones)? - I doubt that too. Oh yeh, do note that the Draenei I'm talking about in this campaign are not the Draenei which are a playable Alliance race in the Burning Crusade game (as the idea came before that anouncement :eek: ).

Hope this answers the questions you had :) . Keep them coming if needed ;) .
Yeh. I know - in fact I knew that Draenei would come out as the new Alliance race, months before it happened - it was the only race left. And I knew that Blizzard would resort to changing their ancient past to make it fit into the campaign.

I find things out before they happen in game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.