I need help finding a new computer

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Most likely. It also has a pretty good battery life because it switches between Intel integrated graphics and GeForce GT 425M.

I have no idea if they ship outside the US though, all PCs they make are built by hand.

They don't ship outside the US, but I think I have a solution for that.
I also googled the graphics card, and it seems like it runs SC2 on ultra at about 45 FPS. I'm thinking of picking it. And it looks GORGEOUS in yellow by the way. The price is decent as well.

What about the processor? Is it good enough, you think?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
20 fps isn't quite enough for me, unfortunately. The example I showed can run 4v4 (which is quite hard) in High with 30+ fps. I need something along those lines.

it's the same graphics card/cpu as in your example, but there is a difference between high and ultra - it's also cheaper and comes with 4gb more ram

I don't see how it is possible for the 425m to run sc2 on ultra.. maybe on some very low resolution or something, but I was talking about 1920 x 1080, and the 425 is certainly nowhere near the 460 in terms of FPS..

also, the CPU is the older generation of processors, your example and the one I picked are both the newer sandy-bridge based CPU's - while they are both more then adequate to run sc2, laptops with the newer ones will be more efficient

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
it's the same graphics card/cpu as in your example, but there is a difference between high and ultra - it's also cheaper and comes with 4gb more ram

I don't see how it is possible for the 425m to run sc2 on ultra.. maybe on some very low resolution or something, but I was talking about 1920 x 1080, and the 425 is certainly nowhere near the 460 in terms of FPS..

also, the CPU is the older generation of processors, your example and the one I picked are both the newer sandy-bridge based CPU's - while they are both more then adequate to run sc2, laptops with the newer ones will be more efficient

Yes, I figured that out. I'm therefore asking the guys at Falcon to put in the 460 graphics card instead.
The reason I will most likely choose Falcon is because they're hand-built; therefore they can most likely put on a Danish keyboard.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Yes, I figured that out. I'm therefore asking the guys at Falcon to put in the 460 graphics card instead.
The reason I will most likely choose Falcon is because they're hand-built; therefore they can most likely put on a Danish keyboard.

ah, that makes more sense - how much are they charging for the upgrade?

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
ah, that makes more sense - how much are they charging for the upgrade?

I'm sure yet, I've written to their support. But it'll probably cost a bit for the keyboard, probably like 100$ or so, idk how much for the graphics card. What's your guess?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree with the Falcon laptops. Much more value for money than Alienware.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I'm sure yet, I've written to their support. But it'll probably cost a bit for the keyboard, probably like 100$ or so, idk how much for the graphics card. What's your guess?

I have no clue, something like $300-500?

I thought your budget was like $1500, but that is their base price, your looking at like $2000+ now

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.