I want to be able to change the max amount of heros a player can have from 3 to 5.

gjcraig

Reaction score
Currently a player can only have 3 heros - how can I change it to 5 ?
I looked around in the world editor but couldn't find the setting.

Dem0n_Hunter

Reaction score
Em i'm not sure but in a custom map u can have more than 3 heros. if your map is a melee map then I think u have to go to Advanced > game play constants

WilliamPa

Reaction score
Half correct. Melee map is not a melee map if ANYTHING is edited, it can only have custom terrain, melee map triggers, and start locations. And player options ofcourse ^^. But they cannot have edited gameplay constants. Scenario maps have a trigger that can set the hero limit.

Trigger:
  • Player - Limit training of Heroes to 5 for Player 1 (Red)

gjcraig

Reaction score
Half correct. Melee map is not a melee map if ANYTHING is edited, it can only have custom terrain, melee map triggers, and start locations. And player options ofcourse ^^. But they cannot have edited gameplay constants. Scenario maps have a trigger that can set the hero limit.

Trigger:
  • Player - Limit training of Heroes to 5 for Player 1 (Red)

Well I have edited enough to turn off the "melee map thing - but where is it in the game play constants ? I looked through them and I don't see it.

Dem0n_Hunter

Reaction score
anyways, i couldn't find it in the gameplay constants either so I guess u have to use the trigger? but u know I thought u can get more than 3 heros in all custom maps

SanKakU

Reaction score
pretty much all custom maps use triggers...that's pretty much the point of making a custom map so you can use triggers to do things you normally can't do. anyway, most custom maps you get 1 hero, sometimes up to 3...

incidently i don't think there's anything wrong with giving a player more heroes...at any rate you might need to adjust tier levels and stuff too if you're getting heroes the mostly normal way. so add like 2 more tiers i guess. maybe make the tier 4 and 5 buildings look like the tier 3 building but with modified colors or something like that.

but yeah, trigger editor and object editor are used the most in custom maps i think. terrain editor maybe used a lot too...but that doesn't necessarily make it custom, what you're doing in the terrain.

gjcraig

Reaction score
pretty much all custom maps use triggers...that's pretty much the point of making a custom map so you can use triggers to do things you normally can't do. anyway, most custom maps you get 1 hero, sometimes up to 3...

incidently i don't think there's anything wrong with giving a player more heroes...at any rate you might need to adjust tier levels and stuff too if you're getting heroes the mostly normal way. so add like 2 more tiers i guess. maybe make the tier 4 and 5 buildings look like the tier 3 building but with modified colors or something like that.

but yeah, trigger editor and object editor are used the most in custom maps i think. terrain editor maybe used a lot too...but that doesn't necessarily make it custom, what you're doing in the terrain.

The thing is most things I do in world editor don't really need very many triggers - if any at all. There has got to be some setting somewhere in the editor that caps you at 3 heros - I just need to find it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.