I'm Alive! Some Questions...

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
Hey there,

Most of you probably don't remember me, but I joined this forum many years ago. During this time I contributed a tad to the community, while at the same time pestering you all with questions of my own.

Impending Wall of Text
After a while, I lost interest in Warcraft III, wandering a great deal of other paths including games such as Team Fortress 2. Being an avid fan of its predecessor, TFC, I became quite fond of the game but have also neglected my other favorite game of all time - Warcraft III. This game was, when I think about it, the first game I truly became immersed in, the first game I enjoyed playing around with custom content in, and one of the first where I came to love the online scene and its fanbase.
Wall of Text Over

Now I'm back. It's a shame that none of my work ever reached fruition, but I'm hoping to resume Warcraft III (primarily as a casual player, but I'd love to give some old map ideas another shot, I still generally remember everything about the World Editor).

I had some questions for you guys. I've noticed a lot of changes:

1) The new Battle.net unification system. I made an account after reading from the FAQ that older accounts for specific games (such as Warcraft III) cannot be "converted". I can still log onto it, but it's detached from my new Battle.net account (aside from linking CD keys and whatnot). Does this have any adverse effect on my ladder ranking? I used to periodically look up my profile on the website, but now the site claims it can't find it! :eek: Maybe I'm just overreacting, I haven't tried logging back onto the game yet.

2) Any advantages over the Battle.net WC3/TFT installers versus the retail ones? I still have the entire battle chest and its contents, but my RoC disc has been corrupt with one of the MPQs damaged (I have a backup on my computer so I can install from my HD I guess, but still). I downloaded the RoC installer from Battle.net just for kicks, though. Aside from the fancier launcher, I was wondering if there are any quirks. Is the exe incompatible with retail copy saves/replays? Can I install retail TFT on top of the downloaded RoC?

3) How has Battle.net been? I've been lurking here from time to time and I'm glad to see that the Warcraft III community still seems to thrive against all odds. Of course, DotA has made it tougher for lesser custom maps to get noticed, but that's life for you.

Pardon this bantertastic thread, but I just couldn't resist. Looking forward to returning to the game. :D

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
I think i can answer question 1.

Maybe they reset your ladder account due to your inactivity. I dunno just a guess there.

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
I guess that's it. I believe I read somewhere that it's every 3 months (though I recall periodically checking my account on the website for a while after that).

Doesn't matter, I was able to recreate it under the same name and CD key. Now to get the 25 Orc win Headhunter icon back. Too bad it seems that the majority of ladder players have become even bigger jerks since the last time I played with them, but oh well.

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
This is more warcraft and might be moved.

in before the lock?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
This is more warcraft and might be moved.

in before the lock?

That doesn't really help the thread, :O

Not sure if the installers they have give any advantages or anything.

Battle.net has had its ups and downs for the past months and stuff. I believe recently and currently it's in a good state, with a lot of the classic maps coming back besides just DotA. Some old maps die out from the makers, and then there are a lot of fun new maps coming (with many from thehelper :)).

So, welcome back, :thup:

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
you should know there is a new patch out now that stops an exploit that allows hackers to run and install anything on your computer [Citation needed]

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
This is kickin' rad. 1 Orc win, 11 losses. I'm less upset about my apparent failure and more that about half of those were a result of immediate leavers.

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
1. Why the hell would anyone care
2. Same
3. Full of fucking retards (especially on Saturdays)

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
orc is lame =/
my clan master has 4k games at 75% and he even says orc is a bad race to play
I've over 900 games and i can say the same thing

1) wc2 sucks
2) tft doesn't change
3) rt is lame

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
1. Why the hell would anyone care
2. Same
3. Full of fucking retards (especially on Saturdays)

1. I care, :eek:
2. Er... no comment.
3. What server do you play on? I find b.net getting better, more of the games I like are being hosted, :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.