Improving the Forums, the Tavern

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
I think, this site is missing a small little piece to it, an Roleplay Forum, a okace were people can express their feeling and Emotions and Actions, their entire way of life and their style of playing it.

If we were to make one, It would in my opinion be nice to name it the Tavern, or something like The Lionheart Inn, yes, Which is located in Goldshire, and we would all roleplay, or those who would choose to, in a fun way, were you skill is based on your creativity, were you wouldn't need skill for it is you honor and pride in what you did that expressed you, were if you lost a battle it would make you the better one, fighting just for the sake, just for the roleplay.

It would be fin if we were to make it in the Warcraft Lore, somewhere in a calm time period were there were no wars, perhaps global ones that actually happened, but then some master of the forums would post what happened each week or so, as in, As the days past the orcs moved closer.. etc.. were the orcs would roleplay as and with their people in the forum and the humans in their. Each roleplayer would have their own storyline, perhaps they included a house, or their work were, if someone wanted to rp with them, they would have to go to the thread of which is name "Blacksmith Jack" Which would be located in Stormwind for instance and lets say they wanted to buy an axe, they would pay Jack for it, therefore increasing jacks money, but jack would get his equipment to sell by making it.

I think it would be cool if Jack had a periodic thievery were the ForumRpmaster would post something like "Later that night, the..." Another thing that would be included would be a Post with all you character info, perhaps a lot like WoW, you would have if possible your own Gold, and your equipment, there would be no cheating allowed, and perhaps someone could implement systems that would count all that, lets say someone wanted to buy a mount, they would first go from place to place faster, which meant, normally if you wanted to go from the battlefield to stormwind it would take days by foot, so you would RP in the Forest forums, but now you have a mount, you would skip that part ^.^

If you are understand my thoughts, I would like to include like lots of different type of roleplays, many different type of characters, as in you could be a shopkeeper, general, soldier, or adventurer, perhaps an innkeeper, or maybe a necromancer. If you were a shopkeeper you would moderate your own little thread named "Name Shopkeeper" and all the event from people buying you'd post there, perhaps you made the story as it went along, like a person leaves, so you keep posting what happened after he left, and maybe you left so you would post, "There is a letter on the door that reads..." Thats when you stumble upon a person in the corner...,Maybe even add classes such as paladin, were you characters storyline must have something to do with the light, maybe your name is like Bob proudmoore, were you are jainas son... etc..

Anyways this is my idea to what would help the forum and what a cool roleplay should have, perhhaps a players stats with his every post.. List your ideas please, if mods would to, and Admins please, perhaps this could become a reality, it would bring first, something to do when we arent helping, and perhaps a place to learn how to rp and some of the warcraft lore ^.^

-Xapphire:p

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
In my opinion role playing out in general is plain depressing. Most people in general lack the effort of making something really fun and exciting like a role play. Mostly younger kids take over and god model, which doesn't make things better. Maybe if someone was dedicated to take care of the forum that'll attract a good attitude, but other wise it'll be a mess.

Xapphire

Reaction score
I agree with you 100%, usually forum roleplays get ruined, or rather interrupted when kids, or people with no sense of Adventure and Creativity come in, that's why I think the Character sheet, and or Storyline should be well checked, and or this should be for members that are dedicated? Like, you shouldn't roleplay if you have a problem with losing.. c'mon have some creativity and out of the box thoughts, it is a role play.. you aren't god o_O

Perhaps if there were obvious reasons for the win, as in, I have been the general of the army, what makes you think you can defeat me.. thats like 100% true that you cant, you Dont ok..? But he wont kill you.. its like a balance >.>

Otherwise, this would be a great opportunity to express your inner self and your thoughts of what a great character would be.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Eh... I write. xD
I really don't care what you do, but if there's going to be fights I suggest a stats that can be upgraded by leveling some how. That's how a few forums that stayed alive for awhile did.
For now I think you should start your own thread in the General Discussion of the Writer's Corner (which ever fits best), and if it gets popular enough the admins may make it into a forum.

Xapphire

Reaction score
Well surely if this does become the real deal, then there will obviously be ways of levels, profession, equipment, and area. Well first I might have to Introduce my Character, and for that I need a picture Hehehe.. Pineapple!!

Xapphire

Reaction score
Sorry if I had missed it, I am a new member, just learned of what has happened before, but are the rps there all in one category or is there like a wc3 section o_O..? It would be cool to have one here, but sorry if I am mistaken :)

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I had missed it, I am a new member, just learned of what has happened before, but are the rps there all in one category or is there like a wc3 section o_O..? It would be cool to have one here, but sorry if I am mistaken :)

O well it doesn't matter to me but I asked a admin if I can make a RP and he told me to let GH handle the RP games.
Edit: Also if you do make one I would suggest the General Discussions its more active there.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I like the idea if there is interest but unfortunately I know nothing about. It might be best to bring it up with Seth over at GH as he is more into the Roleplaying thing. I don't thing we have anyone on staff here that is interested in that kind of stuff though I might be wrong.

Xapphire

Reaction score
Heh, well thank you for all the info, trying to get this processed in my brain right now, Well since Seth left like the day I joined X.X, I'm not sure what to do, since GothsHigh seems more of a Anime Present Time thing or place, but well perhaps if you guys agree with this, we might start slowly and progress, perhaps starting with a single post, like all great forums were made ^.^

U are a noob

Reaction score
O so you want to make a warcraft based forum? Well if the make a Rp forum it would be just a RP forum most likely because they don't like things too specific. Perhaps you should add what a Rp games is and maybe then they will consider it.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
I don't mind RP. I don't always post But I enjoy to read it. ^.^

Though a whole form on WC RPing isn't a good idea. Just make a forum and let them RP what they want (Which on a site like this would mainly be Warcraft :D )

Also you Have to remember that a RP story is created by the people posting and not the main post. The main post will tell of history and things. Also having Weapons and shops anbd things like that are kind of, pointless... are we playing D&D?

If you need a new Weapon in the RP then roleplay your character going to a weaponsmith.

What you wrote sounds more like a MMO in writting.

sqrage

Reaction score
>>Well since Seth left like the day I joined X.X, I'm not sure what to do, since GothsHigh seems more of a Anime Present

I was the one it said it should be left at GH.net. I'm sure they wouldn't mind it being Warcraft themed, if you write it out well enough, then even non-warcraft players should be able to jump right in.

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Role-playing would be a great idea as long as there is a member on staff that wishes to moderate it. If there isn't someone who enjoys role-playing themselves, or atleast knows a lot about it, there will be some problems.

The rules for the Role-playing forum would have to be somewhat strict... I mean what good is a Role-playing forum when people are out of character, spamming, flaming, or etc.?

Though yea, it shouldn't have anything directly to do with Warcraft. Someone could make a Warcraft Role-playing game, but directing the forum more towards WC seems... Stupid. Not stupid in a too bad way, I mean I like WC as much as the next guy. But... It's like if you directed the General Discussion forum mostly to movies, though saying you can still post other stuff if you wanted. You would get mostly stuff about movies, which doesn't apply to everyone. (I know this doesn't apply with the new Movies forum, but you should get the point. :) )

Anyways, my two cents. :)

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
If mod is a problem I can voenteer.

My dark secret is that i have spent at least a year on Gaias RP forums. Yea.. its sad, don't worry I don't go to Gaia anymore! :D (The community sucks everywhere but the RP forum there, becuase they are not being them selves in the RP forum. :D )

U are a noob

Reaction score
If mod is a problem I can voenteer.

My dark secret is that i have spent at least a year on Gaias RP forums. Yea.. its sad, don't worry I don't go to Gaia anymore! :D (The community sucks everywhere but the RP forum there, becuase they are not being them selves in the RP forum. :D )

O cool. I hope the forum is made.

Xapphire

Reaction score
I guess you guys are right, Im just trying to get the rp feel to ppl.
The Warcraft Theme was my idea because, to get started on anew era, would be like to make a new location, I think it would be easier if we kept the names of places and kept the areas, but preferably not the things and people inside of it, its like stretching your limits of already limitless WoW. Like goldshire, I love that name... It perfectly fits well with the village and little sector in the woods ^.^, Yes, the rules will have to be really strict, really really strict, we would need a forum mod, as well as a character sheet checker.

By the way if you don't know how to Text rp or what it is here is a short explanation, There is this thing called forum Rping, or Forum Roleplay as some call it, were people, create a character, or thing, or creature, to represent them, perhaps making them what they would want to be, when you make this character, you name him, you talk a bit about him, explain his features, next you start to explain his history, why is he this, why is he that..

After you have fully customized your character down to the color of his eyes, and his width, you create something called a character sheet or a form or a scroll which has all that information on it, next comes the actual forum rping, this is were you, are your character, you act as he is, you act as you are him, you are him and express what he does in his life, if he was a dwarf, give him an accent, if he was addicted to beer, make him drunk half the time or
whatever, you are roleplaying, or playing the role of him as you.

When you forum Roleplay, you start off with a flashy explanation as to where it is this is taking place, why it is taking place, when it is taking place. You talk a bit about your character, and address what you might do today, what your goal is to do in this rp, for now. I shall give you an example...

Before I explain to you what to do, if you aren't sure about what a character is, you should probably check their character sheet to figure out more about them like their race.. etc.. if you wanted to type something like "Greetings elf.."

Thread start name would be "The Blacksmith"
"Early this Morning as Bob woke up, he slowly stood up from his screeching bed, he knew this would be yet another wonderful day, he carefully took his first steps toward the old wooden table in the center of the room, taking his big steel hammer, and his engineering tools, after he had dressed, he went to the Workshop part of the blacksmith and started to put in the coal for creating the steel weaponry, and then sat down slowly watching the fire flickering in his deep blue eyes..."

If you were to join this Roleplay, you wouldn't, and MAKE SURE NOT TO, Do this...
"hey htere yeled da villager..!?1?!1"

No, first that is horrible grammer, and second, what reason do you have for yelling, you have non, 0.00%...

This is what it should be like..
"Walking on the Gravel path, Bill grasped his sword tightly as if he was stalked, yet remembering all that beer he has at Lionsheart Inn, he let go, and kept walking. As he kept going he had seen a sign hanging from a fairly large house, it read, "Anvil of Steel", Perfect thought Bill, perhaps it is time for a new blade.. As he approached the house, he held on to the wall, and walked up to the strange man sitting down and drinking. "Greeting to you, My name is Bill, A member of Stormwinds Outpost, I require a new blade my friend.."

Don't worry only the introduction should be long, as it is describing why you are there. Next it is time to talk, if someone just is in the middle of a talk, DO NOT introduce yourself there, like dont post your introduction right after someone says hello... >.>...

So now Bill has greeted Bob, Here comes bobs response..
"Huh..Were.. What.. Oh, Greetings there my fellow guard, I am sorry, I was just enjoy'n dem' mornin' sounds heh.. My name is Bob the Blacksmith, What type of blade yeh' require..?"

So now a forum rp has started, usually the Forum creator has the right to make instances such as orcs appear, only at necessary times though.

That is basically it, but if you must post something not having to do with the rp please type something like..
"OOC: Please yo, don't make the goblins appear, I wanted to..."

-Xapphire

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.