Improving the Forums, the Tavern

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Goth's High has been supplying a forum for Role-Playing since it's recent upgrade to GoDaddy.com webhosting. There's really not much need to set up a new forum here for it when it's already available, from one of our own affiliates.

Here, the link to their forum. It's small because the new forum's only about 2 months old, but I know Seth never says "no" to more content, especially Role-Playing: http://www.gothshigh.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17

It's already done over there, with many users that are willing to contribute, so why do the same here and start from scratch with not much of a fanbase and not much available moderation? My thoughts on the role-playing forum.

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
Not that I have any doubts that it works fine, its just first, I was planning on asking to be a Rp mod here, If I am so allowed to be, and second, I dont know anyone there, like, I dont have a clue about who everyone there is, and third that forum is more of like a open creation forum dont you think? Its not entirely based around the azeroth world, nor will anyone know about what this "Goldshire " is, I was planning for this to be on a Wc3 site, were you'd do warcraft 3 stuff ^.^ So perhaps you'd want to play more ^.^

Edit: If this can work out starting slow on these forums, it will quickly gain popularity, seeing how many users you have, even if they arent active, and making strict rules would keep them to try their hardest to get accepted!

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
It's been brought to the mod lounge and is currently under discussion. All there is to do now is wait and see how it turns out.

Xapphire

Reaction score
Great, what turned out to be just a post, look what it has created. I am happy to hear that you guys have interest in what I believe will help ^.^ I really appreciate it. Can't wait to hear what our friendly neighborhood admin thinks ^.^

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
I hope the post counting feature is turned off for that forum.:p

It would be like neon light to insects at night as it would be a place for spammers.

Sorry for sounding a bit negative, but hey, we need bad guys, too.

Xapphire

Reaction score
Maybe I'm not understanding you, are you talking about over posting or under posting.

Oh yeah, by the way, another thing I'd like to say is that if you guys and your Admin council isn't sure if this is going to work or not, why not give it a try, it won't hurt the forums, rather lets see what some people can come up with, I am positive, with the type of creative writers we have already, Rping Forums would be filled, as well as it would bring a new objective for everyone.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.