Internet Browsers

DrStyles

Reaction score
It occurred to me that THE most controversial question hasn't been posted on the debate forum yet. What browser is the best? (Try to at least have a reason for it. =P Looking for nerds who know all the specifics to try to show why their browsers makes sense to use.)

Please calm down on this one, I know it's a crazy topic, but just remember; your probably wrong anyways.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
It occurred to me that THE most controversial question hasn't been posted on the debate forum yet. What browser is the best? (Try to at least have a reason for it. =P Looking for nerds who know all the specifics to try to show why their browsers makes sense to use.)

Please calm down on this one, I know it's a crazy topic, but just remember; your probably wrong anyways.

Sorry.

It exists.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
That topic is old.

I use Chrome. It's fast, easy, and has a great set of developer tools.
Firefox I can stand if I have to, IE I refuse to use unless I absolutely have to, Safari I don't mind, Opera I don't like, and I don't know of any other browsers.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
you cant really debate on it because there are tests done which show that some browsers are better then others

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
After a FTP extension will be developed for Chrome, I will switch to Chrome completely (and some other web dev tools would be nice, as well, but not necessary). Currently I am using Firefox for its FireFTP add-on and Chrome for everything else.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I am apart of the Firefox Brotherhood. I personally like it just because it has a lot of customization that Chrome just seems to lack. After that I feel Chrome and Firefox are pretty equal in most standards.

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
Personally, I use multiple browsers for testing and such. I use firefox for the most part for its customization and power. Google chrome is good for casual users and for those in a rush. Personally I don't use just one browser. For an average user who just wants to look at the web and doesn't care for other crap, i recommend Chrome. My mom had always been using firefox, but she is very impatient and opens like 50 windows. I got her using chrome now after I tweaked a few things and she likes it. I don't use Opera or Safari unless I'm testing web-pages. As far as IE, I will only use it with FF IE-tab extension, because its one of the most horrible web browser ever. With windows, you have to click a button every-time you want to take a piss. I will always be loyal to Firefox even if chrome is faster. Firefox is more community based and powerful.

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
chrome and firefox both show the power of an open-source program

Untitled-16.png

The thing i dont like about firefox, is that there is a "large" area taken up by toolbars and others, i like google chrome because its a lot more streamline. It might be a small difference, but i dont exactly have a large resolution. 1200x800

Chrome gets updated more often, which i kind of like. Firefox is on 3.6.3 and Chrome is already on 5.xx ._.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Chrome gets updated more often, which i kind of like. Firefox is on 3.6.3 and Chrome is already on 5.xx ._.

I just have to say that I don't find that as good news.
A. Perhaps firefox updates are larger (more bugfixes at a single time) while chromes are smaller updates and many.
B. Perhaps it proves that firefox is better because it contains less bugs?

That is the first to options that comes to mind when I think about it, they are just possible reasons not facts at all^^

If one take IE for it, they are already on what version now, 8? 9? Then I am pretty certain that there is some truth to what I wrote above:p

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
most of googles updates increased performance and added more features. The bug fixes were on other OS.

This is version update to 5.
"Improved JavaScript performance, browser preference syncing, more HTML5 support (Geolocation APIs, App Cache, web sockets, and file drag-and-drop), revamped bookmark manager. Adobe Flash integrated[39] (currently disabled by default)"

Its also more assuring to know that they fixed a bug, if they fixed bugs or whatever, then it doesnt matter, because in the end, they fixed it.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
The thing i dont like about firefox, is that there is a "large" area taken up by toolbars and others, i like google chrome because its a lot more streamline. It might be a small difference, but i dont exactly have a large resolution. 1200x800
Press F11 when using Firefox to view it in fullscreen mode.

Also, I prefer FF over Chrome simply because it means I'm not giving as much information over to Google everytime I use it :rolleyes:

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
While I might not know any specifics, from what I've seen / read / heard about, Chrome and Firefox are the best choices.

I currently use Firefox because of it's vast capability for customization. I use a ton of addons and extra tools like "Download them all", "Session manager", "Tree style tabs" etc, that Chrome doesn't seem to offer as of yet.

Chrome is very fast and streamlined though.

Never ever ever use IE though. :p

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
Press F11 when using Firefox to view it in fullscreen mode.

Also, I prefer FF over Chrome simply because it means I'm not giving as much information over to Google everytime I use it :rolleyes:

When you F11, you cant type in your omnibar, so that doesnt count :p

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
firefox - because it has adblock

i have yet to see a capable ad-blocking solution for chrome or I.E.

DrStyles

Reaction score
Sorry.

It exists.
..Word. I guess I failed.

I see a lot of people use Chrome, but nobody mentioned any other chromium based browsers like dragon or iron. Are these really better, or not? Dragon to me seems even worse than Chrome, and Iron doesn't seem too different. They say there is a difference, but it's hard to believe.

staind25

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
firefox - because it has adblock

i have yet to see a capable ad-blocking solution for chrome or I.E.

This. Blocking all of those banners is just so convenient. I haven't even tried Chrome because I know it lacks addon support...but I'm sure if it had all of the addons Firefox had, I'd probably use Chrome.

But between Adblock Plus, Xmarks, Linkification, and ReminderFox...Firefox comes out on top for me.

Beyond addons, Firefox makes me feel safe and secure online (I've come across "suspicious" websites before and Firefox sends me a blank page before proceeding and tells me something like, "This site is suspected of ____. Would you like to continue, or 'get me out of here'?").

codemonkey

Code monkey not crazy, just proud.
Reaction score
chrome and firefox both show the power of an open-source program

Untitled-16.png

Chrome isn't open source. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.