Is there a way to detect click on ground?

jnZ

I
Reaction score
Like the title says is there any way to detect a right or left click on the ground? i mean if no unit is selected and you just rightlclick anywhere on the ground. i need to set a temporary point at that location whenever a player does this because i need a movementsystem for my map. basicly this movementsystem should allow you to move your hero without selecting him.

help will be +rep'ed

jnZ

I
Reaction score
did you read what i wrote? how should this event fire if i dont order any unit? like i said i need this for no unit selected

Ub3r_

Reaction score
did you read what i wrote? how should this event fire if i dont order any unit? like i said i need this for no unit selected

I don't think it's possible without using some sort of third party program like Reinventing the Craft.

jnZ

I
Reaction score
its not about targeting a unit ^^ it about having no unit selected so you cant order any unit

EDIT:

>I don't think it's possible without using some sort of third party program like Reinventing the Craft.

whats that you are talking about? does this work in bnet?

Ub3r_

Reaction score
its not about targeting a unit ^^ it about having no unit selected so you cant order any unit

EDIT:

>I don't think it's possible without using some sort of third party program like Reinventing the Craft.

whats that you are talking about? does this work in bnet?

Yes, it works, but only if the other players have this mod installed, I believe.

jnZ

I
Reaction score
> Yes, it works, but only if the other players have this mod installed, I believe.

damn so i cant use this either :>

Waaaaagh

I lost all my rep and my title being a jerk
Reaction score
It's possible to do without trackables OR custom natives, but you will only be able to get the location of the left click (you can detect a right click, but not where it is).

jnZ

I
Reaction score
left click would be ok but it shouldnt work if a unit was selected or any UI button or something. so more information about this would help

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What's wrong with trackables? (If there is anything)
You just need to create a lot of them over your map...

Waaaaagh

I lost all my rep and my title being a jerk
Reaction score
Trackables are unfinished and if I recall correctly kinda laggy. Also they are unnecessarily imprecise for ground click detection (unless you make a LOT, which leads to the 'laggy'.) Fortunately there are workarounds.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Here is a map wich uses trackables and is fully functional and lag free:thup:

Edit: I have not made this map, I actually don't know much about trackables at all more than the fact that this map uses them and works just fine:)

jnZ

I
Reaction score
yeah kinda late we are already working with the map. i got it from someones trackable turtorial 2. read my thread in the jass section if you want to know more

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I just wanted to show that trackables can be lagless.
Mostly to prove Waaaaagh wrong in this case:p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.