Is there an ability like Item Damage Bonus, that will show the icon?

TwoHeadedBoy

Reaction score
I want an ability that gives a damage bonus like Item Damage Bonus/Command Aura, and isnt aura based and shows an icon. I keep looking but i cant find one.

MORE INFO:

In my map I have a spellbook with 4 different Command Aura based abilities to give a unit damage. I can essentially toggle them on/off using techtrees (the abilities require a unit - i can create / kill that unit). The problem with using abilities based off of Command Aura is that when I "toggle" one of the spells off, the buff and the damage bonus hang around for a couple seconds.

So basically I have a few options:

1. Stick with the Command Aura based abilities and just deal with the short overlap between taking away an ability and the buff going away.
2. Use two different abilities, one for the icon (based off att bonus or something) and then a hidden item damage bonus spell. (The problem with this one is that I have to do a lot of scripting for when I toggle the abilities)
3. realize that there is a unit ability that adds damage and has an icon but isnt an aura based ability (i swear i've looked all over)

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I guess it's possible to use Critical Strike or Drunken Brawler, if you don't mind the floating text popping up with each attack.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> buff and the damage bonus hang around for a couple seconds

In the toggle trigger, just add an extra code to pick all units around the unit with Command Aura, and remove the said buff.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Or you could just use the Item Damage bonus ability itself, and then use the Moonglaive ability for the icon (it does nothing).

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I remembered something - the Trueshot Aura ability. It gives bonus damage, so just set Flat Bonus to true and set targets allowed to self.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
[Command Aura] set area to 0 target self only as said by kaer

TwoHeadedBoy

Reaction score
Actually it was vypur's solution that works out best for my situation. But thanks to everyone that responded!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.