It's about time I post some

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Hey guys, I haven't really been active in posting some of my music lately. Mostly, it's because I've been trying to get some more work done on The Burning Awesome (the band I'm in, we've almost finished the first album).

It's a bit unfair to you guys, so I'll post my recent compositions from compos/music-offs. We were given 2 hours + 20 minutes to read a theme, write a song, render it and upload.

Ravenous Raving Revenants - As you can probably guess, this was a zombie-themed song. It has a cool intro, though the tune is mediocre.

80's Synth Pop - This was an 80's theme competition. I tried to make an interesting tune.

Combat in the Dark - This song was a "Military Base" theme. I tied for first place, probably because it fit the theme the most. :p The song is a bit muddy because I didn't spend a lot of time on the mastering.

Soothe Your Anger - I can't find the exact original theme, but it was something like "Hatred" or "Anger". I had fun with this one. :)

Dark Depths - This one has HUGE bass, it was an entry to the "Inside a Computer" theme. I didn't do too well, but I sure had a lot of fun making the bass, and with dbglitch on the drums. :p

That One Ice Party Place - An entry to a "Ice Planet Club" (Aliens + Ice) theme. I didn't spend much more than an hour on this one, and I couldn't get a very good tune working, but the intro is decent. :p

In case you are wondering, they are in order, oldest first, and take place over the course of about 2 months.

Zakyath

Reaction score
Idk if you want criticism. If you don't want it, don't check the spoiler. But if you want an fully honest opinion (tried to be as constructive as I could, I can hear some things that imo should be looked over, but I'm not fully sure on how you should do it), go ahead!

RRR had a really cool intro, then it kicked in pretty OK - but the bass was way too weak! You need to pump up the mid-low frequencies!

I really liked the chorus in the 80's song. But the lead in the most part of the song was not very interesting - I wasn't very fond on either the melody or the sound of it.

The Combat-song was really neat, the best one this far. BUT you have to put more time down on making the sounds better, in this song particularly the drums and the lead. And I was really expecting something more when the song ended. It felt like a great build up for a song. Really liked this, I did, but as I said, the instruments sound kinda stiff and you've built it up so smooth that you left me expecting something more!

Soothe your anger. Almost only higher and lower frequencies. To give it power you need something to fill out the void in the mid frequencies. It sounded like something that could be really neat while tripping balls ;)

Dark depths. once again a good song, but once again some things with the mixing I didn't like. As some of the songs before, it contains too few mid frequencies.

The One Ice Pary Place was one of the better songs actually. But as with all the other songs - TOO SHORT! I want more!!

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Combat In The Dark melikes. It makes me think of like an intense film soundtrack ._. I agree with Zakyath about the end though, heh, (and other things he stated).
The Burning Awesome, eh?
Nice Job. :)

Sajin

User title under construction.
Reaction score
Dark depths is by far the best (in my opinion) but Id also have to agree with zakyath, the bass is overwhelming and offers no variety (although the end with the piano sounded very good so maybe build off that)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.