JASS NewGen Pack 1.5d

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
another question, when i use this on my map, will this replace all my GUI triggers to JASS???

PitzerMike

poo kaka
Reaction score
2 copies of the map script (one vJass, one compiled) must be stored, which makes the map larger. After the map has been optimized, there is absolutely no difference.

The compiled script overwrites the vJass script. There's no reason to store both versions.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Is there any way to open wc3 in normal mode instead of window mode when using NewGen?

Edit: When testing map :)

LordXavier

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
This thing is awesome! I'm still figuring it out a bit, but it rocks! If I'm wanted to rate it, I'd give it a 1000/10

LordXavier

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Description
When I use the test map button, Warcraft III will start but return to the main menu instead of loading a map?
This can happen when your map uses vJASS code and you hit the test map button when the map is unsaved (*-symbol is shown in the title bar) or the map has been saved-as directly before testing the map.
Simply save your map before every test-run, so that it's fully compiled.

That's my problem, but I've done what you said to do to fix it and it still won't work. When i choose the map under single player, it doesn't show player slots or anything. Also, when I choose my map, switch to another, and then go back, it shows the player slots for the last map I looked at. Please help!

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Get a better computer?
Don't switch maps?
Save, save again, test.

PitzerMike

poo kaka
Reaction score
That's my problem, but I've done what you said to do to fix it and it still won't work. When i choose the map under single player, it doesn't show player slots or anything. Also, when I choose my map, switch to another, and then go back, it shows the player slots for the last map I looked at. Please help!

Make sure that JassHelper is enabled in the menu.
If it is disabled the vJass code doesn't get compiled and the script can't be read in game.
To check if it's enabled correctly you can put an intentional error in your jass and see if pjass brings up an error window.

LordXavier

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Make sure that JassHelper is enabled in the menu.
If it is disabled the vJass code doesn't get compiled and the script can't be read in game.
To check if it's enabled correctly you can put an intentional error in your jass and see if pjass brings up an error window.
It worked! Thanks so much. God I just love this editor!

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Yup, same here. EDIT:

Vexorian said:
I am checking out grimoire's source with the help of logs and it looks like blizz changed some pattern so grimoire is completely unable to patch stuff.

you are going to have to wait since for now the only person that can fix it does not even now there was a new patch , I have already contacted Pipedream, so just wait.

I hope by "completely unable to patch stuff" that he doesn't mean they made it completely impossible. :S

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
WE was probably made to run faster, and some units defaults were changed.
Need JNGP 5b! :D

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
my Wc3 and WE ran fine after the patch, but for some reason, NewGen won't run. The normal editor works fine.

Whats the problem? Will installing whats in KC's sig help?
Edit: It didn't help. I tried...

Also, this may be off-topic, but does anyone know if there are new features in the WE?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.