Crime Judge Imposes Lifetime Driving Ban On 17-Year-Old Boy

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
If banning his license will increase the chances of saving 1 person's life, then the ruling is fair. He's clearly a hazard.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
If banning his license will increase the chances of saving 1 person's life, then the ruling is fair. He's clearly a hazard.

So are the vast majority of people who drive.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Well, at least 6-8 years without a licence.

Why? We have laws already set up for a reason for things like this, this stuff happens all the time. Why do you have the right to change the law for this case? They were set in place for a reason, why have them if we're not going to follow them?
I don't condone drinking and driving, at all, don't do it, but as said above, even people who already have a DUI will drink and drive. I know someone who has got 2 DUIs, and STILL drinks and drives. So messing up this boys life over a mistake he made once isn't right. If he keeps it up, sure, but not the first time. Everyone makes mistakes, you can't tell me you've never made a horrible mistake in life...

If everyone only had one chance, we would all be in jail or dead.

Remember that when you're speeding while driving, or not wearing a seatbelt, or talking/texting while driving, or putting on makeup while driving, or eating while driving, or using the radio while driving, or reading while driving. I don't see you taking away their license for being "a hazard". Drive down the road, you'll seen tons of these hazards driving down the road on a normal basis. Just because you or a few people feel he was wrong, doesn't mean you have the right to over-ride a already made law that is enforced on lots of other people on a daily basis as an "Example". Thats bullshit, and straight unfair. Change the law if you want it changed, don't fuck up one persons life that isn't going to effect a single person other than maybe the few that know him, and in a very negative way I'd say personally.

So are the vast majority of people who drive.

Truth.

Varine

Reaction score
Remember that when you're speeding while driving, or not wearing a seatbelt, or talking/texting while driving, or putting on makeup while driving, or eating while driving, or using the radio while driving, or reading while driving.

Or following too close, driving while tired (proven to often be far more dangerous than driving while drunk, though not illegal still), not checking your car before getting into it for things like flat tires or CV joints about to break (which will fuck your day if you're on the highway), panicking because the guy behind you is too close for your comfort (which always seems to happen), or those morons (well, just about everyone in my experience) that can't drive in the snow but are driving anyway, or forgetting to use your blinker, any other thing that might be remote cause for concern can and probably has been the cause for someone's death at some point. It's not supposed to be the judge's sole decision to fuck someone's life over to 'make an example'. People with far worse records are still perfectly fine driving around.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I am sure this will go to an Appellate Court, mainly because I think the sentence is far too harsh and could be considered "unusual". Even so, I am sure his license will be suspended (because I am sure they won't review that portion of the case) but not for life.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
I know someone who has got 2 DUIs, and STILL drinks and drives.
Drinking and driving that's STUPID Seriously, they not only putting their own lives at risk but also the lives of others.
Is it worth it to do this? And If So, Why?

So messing up this boys life over a mistake he made once isn't right. If he keeps it up, sure, but not the first time. Everyone makes mistakes, you can't tell me you've never made a horrible mistake in life...
That's not a little mistake. What do you say to a parent who suddenly loses their child? (Every 40 minutes someone dies in a drunk-driving accident)

And Nope, Actually I didn't made a horrible mistake !

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Drinking and driving that's STUPID Seriously, they not only putting their own lives at risk but also the lives of others.
Is it worth it to do this? And If So, Why?

I don't know why they do it mang, I don't drink and drive, so I don't know. I'll smoke and drive, but if I'm above the legal limit or am on hard drugs I have a DD. But you have to understand, everyone is different and thinks differently. One of my coworkers, who also has a DUI, still insists "Hes an awesome driver drunk", probably because alcohol causes a false sense of confidence and security. None the less, the law is wrote already, the judge has no authority to fuck this kids life over to make him "an example" because the judge doesn't like how the law is wrote.

That's not a little mistake. What do you say to a parent who suddenly loses their child? (Every 40 minutes someone dies in a drunk-driving accident)
I lost a personal motorcycle-riding friend to one in 2008, FireCat. He was riding, and was hit by a drunk driver. The driver fled, and burned his car in a field, and therefore they couldn't prove he was drunk at the time. How much time did he get? 2 years jailtime and 3 years probation. Why is this kid getting a his lifes driving taken away, yet my friends killer only got 2 years jailtime? The judges shouldn't be changing the law as they see fit, unless it's some extremely rare case, which this is not. Teen drunk driving happens all the time.

And Nope, Actually I didn't made a horrible mistake !

Bullshit. This is a flat lie, there was never a moment in life where you went "Oh shit, I should not have done that"? Just because you didn't kill someone, doesn't make it not a mistake. Don't bullshit yourself, you can not go through life being perfect.

Varine

Reaction score
I don't know why they do it mang, I don't drink and drive, so I don't know.

A cab from the nearest bar to my house would run around 75 dollars here. After 11 or so, you'll maybe see two other cars on the road (and both are probably drunk). That's why.

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
Well, *someone* clearly made a mistake of dropping a certain person on his head; resulting in a man with convoluted logic =/

FireCat

Reaction score
still insists "Hes an awesome driver drunk", .probably because alcohol causes a false sense of confidence and security. None the less, the law is wrote already, the judge has no authority to fuck this kids life over to make him "an example" because the judge doesn't like how the law is wrote.
This is all such bullshit and yeah, it's a false sense ! Well, the law can be changed! Seriously, drinking and driving. :nuts: It doesn't matter how old or young you are
if you do that and cause a accidents. you should pay dearly!

I lost a personal motorcycle-riding friend to one in 2008, FireCat. He was riding, and was hit by a drunk driver. The driver fled, and burned his car in a field, and therefore they couldn't prove he was drunk at the time. How much time did he get? 2 years jailtime and 3 years probation. Why is this kid getting a his lifes driving taken away, yet my friends killer only got 2 years jailtime?
Oh Crap, Sorry to hear that.
Hmm 2 years? That's so fucked up. Drunk drivers get off way too easy it's ridiculous. He should at least get 10 years jail and 10 years probation.

"Oh shit, I should not have done that"?
I Didn't say "never" We are all human and we all make mistakes sometimes, no one are perfect. But I can't say I did made a horrible/awful mistake.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I Didn't say "never" We are all human and we all make mistakes sometimes, no one are perfect. But I can't say I did made a horrible/awful mistake.

Yes you did. I asked "you've never made", and you replied it, therefore replying to the question of "Have you ever", in which you said no...

This is all such bullshit and yeah, it's a false sense ! Well, the law can be changed! Seriously, drinking and driving. :nuts: It doesn't matter how old or young you are
if you do that and cause a accidents. you should pay dearly!

And you don't know that either, FireCat. I'm sure that for some it is, but there are also other reasons. Just because someone doesn't feel the same way as you, doesn't make your opinion on it better than theirs. Drunk driving is bad, but not everyone that does it does it for the reason of false confidence. You don't know what others are thinking, you just see their actions. Don't assume thats the reason for every single case of drunk driving...

And what do you define as pay dearly? Jailtime? You do realize that most people that get DUIs don't really care even after, some do however but most don't. So wasting taxpayers money on trying to make them change is going to do noting but waste taxpayer money. No thanks. It sucks, yeah, but I don't feel like having to pay to put every PoS drunk driver through rehab 3 different times. We have better stuff to waste tax money on.

Alcohol is legal, and readily available. It will always be abused, unless we start requiring a B.A.C. check before starting your car each time, there will always be drunk drivers. And even then, there still would be. Just gotta cope and fine people as you find them sadly, not waste money trying to fix something that won't change.

FireCat

Reaction score
And what do you define as pay dearly? Jailtime? You do realize that most people that get DUIs don't really care even after, some do however but most don't. So wasting taxpayers money on trying to make them change is going to do noting but waste taxpayer money. No thanks. It sucks, yeah, but I don't feel like having to pay to put every PoS drunk driver through rehab 3 different times. We have better stuff to waste tax money on.
If a drunk driver killing someone. they deserve to go to prison ! Btw: They can work "no taxpayer money required" Right?

And I didn't !

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
If a drunk driver killing someone. they deserve to go to prison ! Btw: They can work "no taxpayer money required" Right?

And I didn't !

If a drunk driver kills someone, they will be going to prison. What are you talking about...? I'm not quite sure you have an accurate idea on how the legal system we have going on here in the US works.
And no, they can't. Whos going to pay for it? Taxpayers are the ones that fund jails and the legal system...

FireCat

Reaction score
And no, they can't. Whos going to pay for it? Taxpayers are the ones that fund jails and the legal system...
I know that, It was Just a nice idea. But they should make "real work in prison" so they can pay for evrything and pay tax.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I know that, It was Just a nice idea. But they should make "real work in prison" so they can pay for evrything and pay tax.

They can't work without food, water, clothes, and stuff like that. Whos paying for that? It's not possible my friend, or it would be happening right now.

Varine

Reaction score
Yeah I wouldn't be doing shit if I was in prison. If they told me to work, I would say fuck off. Why would I, or anyone, make any attempt to support the prison that we don't want to be in?

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Prisoners?
Well, in some places, prisoners do work.
They do "work" in prisons. But what I'm saying is, even if they are or aren't working, they still have to eat, or they die. Whos paying for the food (which is quite a lot of money, mind you)? Taxpayers :thup:

Yeah I wouldn't be doing shit if I was in prison. If they told me to work, I would say fuck off. Why would I, or anyone, make any attempt to support the prison that we don't want to be in?

It depends on what I was in for. But if I had a lifetime sentence, hell no. I'd drop a nice "No, fuck you", and be done with it. What more do you have to lose? Nothing.

Varine

Reaction score
I was in jail for a few days. The cost of my trial, time in jail, food, arrest, etc, was somewhere in the range of twice as much as my fine. I thought that was really funny... mind you I shouldn't have been arrested in the first place.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.