Laptop won't boot properly..

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Every time I turn on my laptop it automatically goes to the boot menu and it's choices.

This is how I get it to normally boot now:
I try picking the HDD option which results it freezing before it can start the laptop emmits a high pitch noise when it does and I have to manually turn it off.

I turn it on and pick the eSata boot option and it gives me two options to boot it normally or system repair.
I pick boot normally and it loads normally.

One other thing I need to remove all devices plugged into the usb ports for the second step to work.

I've already identified and nuked almost all viruses from the system except a select few due to them being resilient. So I decided to reformat the entire thing.

My friend that's helping me fix it told me it might be a hardware problem besides the obvious virus problem.

What do you guys think?

MrBrooks

Brooooooooooown!
Reaction score
It's a hardware failure. I had the same problem with my old laptop. During a file transfer it BSoD'd on me and when I tried to boot it, it would go to the BIOS menu and asking me what device I wanted to boot from. I chose the HDD and it would come up with the "Windows is loading files" and then show a screen that said "Please insert a removable medium or bootable drive". Inevitably it came down to it being a hard drive failure.

That's my experience and to me it sounds like hardware problem. Most likely hard drive. Worst case scenario is it's the motherboard but I very much doubt it.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with Mr Brooks here. It sounds like a hardware problem. You might want to take a look at your hard drive for you laptop to make sure that it is seated properly. Try taking it out and putting it back in.

MrBrooks

Brooooooooooown!
Reaction score
I agree with Mr Brooks here. It sounds like a hardware problem. You might want to take a look at your hard drive for you laptop to make sure that it is seated properly. Try taking it out and putting it back in.

Also make sure the wires are in securely and none are damaged. If you have a spare internal hard drive with an OS on, try plugging that in and see if it does it first time with no errors.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.