World Lebanese government collapses

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Government falls after Hezbollah and allies withdraw from coalition in row over UN probe into murder of Rafiq al-Hariri.

Lebanon's unity government has collapsed after the Hezbollah movement and its political allies resigned from the cabinet over arguments stemming from a UN probe into the assassination of Rafiq al-Hariri, the former Lebanese prime minister, in 2005.

There has been growing political tension in Lebanon amid signs that Hezbollah members could be indicted by the UN-backed Special Tribunal for Lebanon (STL).

Ten ministers tendered their resignations on Wednesday after reports that al-Hariri's son Saad, the prime minister, had refused their call to convene a cabinet meeting to discuss controversial issues including the investigation by the STL.

Last edited:

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Wow. Just wow. I'll go meet a lebanese friend of mine some time in the close future to see what he thinks of this.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Wow. Just wow. I'll go meet a lebanese friend of mine some time in the close future to see what he thinks of this.

You mean me!?

:(

Meh, this is why my great grandparents got out of there in the first place. Wasn't exactly a great place to live at the time, and still isn't.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is very frightening for those of us with connections in Israel.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Because Lebanon has never been very friendly towards Israel (Ron Arad, Lebanon War, many other things).

Political powers in Lebanon have stated that Israel is made from lands 'wrestled from their owners' and zionism needs to be abolished. It's not looking good for Israel.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
i realize this, my grandma lives in israel so i know what is goin on between them, but hwat i am saying is why would it be worse than any other time? if anything they'd prolly be more focused on fixin themselves up than worryin bout israel. unless im missing something

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No, it doesn't work like that.

There is no shortage of terrorists. When one dies, ten others can take his place. Without a proper government to quell rebellion, I fear Hezbollah might act on Israel.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Without a proper government to quell rebellion, I fear Hezbollah might act on Israel.

never thought bout it that way. eh lets just hope nothing goes down between em.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.