Left 4 Dead 2

Xeron Krukov

Reaction score
Has anyone seen L4D2 new features? Who has played Left 4 dead and enjoyed it will certainly enjoy L4D2.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I played L4D, didn't enjoy it, thought Valve would make the new features that they promised and then enjoy it.

I do not intend to get L4D2, I paid for the first game and I hope they fulfill it's value sometime in the near future.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
L4D was... Decent on the 360. I got it as a Christmas gift from my uncle last year, played it for 3-4 months, and forgot about it 'till about a week ago.
It's always nice shootin' hordes of zombies, but the lack of a real plot made me lose interest quickly.

I'd like to be able to play the second game, but I doubt I'm going to buy it.
Most likely I'll rent it, find a demo, or do without.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
the first one was good but people are saying the 2nd one isnt as good

Only because they've been spoiled with games from Valve that were updated for years (such as Team Fortress 2). They're only unhappy with the second one because they have to pay more in order to get more content.

I personally will be reading a lot of reviews and seeing what the reaction is to the release before I decide.

I think the trailers they posted were a bad idea, compared to what they did for the first one. In the first one, they had some great ideas for the trailer. In the new one, they started out showing a level in broad daylight, which put off many people.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
And what is so bad about broad daylight?

It changes your actions during the game, changes strategies, and makes some infected work differently.

Just because there are zombies doesn't mean the sun vanished or anything.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, I'm buying it. Loved the first game, probably not getting it on day one though.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Stop knocking them.

Your expectations were just set too high for VALVe because of the constant updates for TF2.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Your expectations were just set too high for VALVe because of the constant updates for TF2.

Not true, Valve themselves stated that they would be actively updating L4D, I prepurchased it on that basis.

The reason I don't want to prepurchase another Valve game is purely out of experience (nothing to do with what ever the controversy over a sequal so soon was): I now know that if I wait patiently, I get the game half price.

to clarify: I don't think L4D2 sucks, I just think that like L4D1, you're wasting your money if you prepurchase it, you'll most definitely get a half-price deal if you wait.

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
I preordered and that is my birthday present to my self as it comes out 2 days before my 18th b-day.

Anyone complaining about L4D2 needs to die. It looks awesome. The guys from RoosterTeeth (the guys who made Red vs Blue) say its fucking awesome.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Anyone complaining about L4D2 needs to die. It looks awesome. The guys from RoosterTeeth (the guys who made Red vs Blue) say its fucking awesome.

A very fair, well thought out, and justified argument...

---

As far as I know, nobody is complaining about L4D2, since it is looking to be a very good game.

As of now, I don't have any views of the actual sequal or what I think of Valve as a company (apart from their first game becoming one of the greatest games of all time meaning that they've done something right).

All I can say is that (in my eyes, from experience) it is a big mistake to prepurchase the game for PC. If you wait, you'll definitely get the game half-price (most likely with plenty of bug fixes and other such things that Valve are good at)

---

I heard that the beta/demo/release is soon, if anyone does get a chance to play it, be sure to let me know what you thought of it!

Xeron Krukov

Reaction score
Is looks great new weapons and new ammo. 3 bullets and then the zombie is alight with fire and with a katana and a grenade laucher. thats is going to be fun.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I believe you can preorder it now, and at quite a nice price :).

I may buy it when they bring out some kind of weekend deal.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
I'm fairly sure they are going to have a free weekend fairly soon after the game is released, might be a good time to check the game out. (The full game.)

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
Not true, Valve themselves stated that they would be actively updating L4D, I prepurchased it on that basis.

The reason I don't want to prepurchase another Valve game is purely out of experience (nothing to do with what ever the controversy over a sequal so soon was): I now know that if I wait patiently, I get the game half price.

to clarify: I don't think L4D2 sucks, I just think that like L4D1, you're wasting your money if you prepurchase it, you'll most definitely get a half-price deal if you wait.

I completely agree, but int heir defense, Valve stated L4D2 was supposed to be the bonus content that was going into the first one, as they added more to it though, they discovered it was to much for DLC and thus would fair better as a sequel. I think It's a bit too early, I did pre-order a copy though, but money isn't an issue on my part, and i can see why others may wait.

Knowing Valve though, you can expect the first L4D to continue to get updates, they even said so themselves that they aren't going to abandon the first one, and judging from their history i believe they'll hold true to this.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I completely agree, but int heir defense, Valve stated L4D2 was supposed to be the bonus content that was going into the first one, as they added more to it though, they discovered it was to much for DLC and thus would fair better as a sequel.

This is true, and having seen videos etc, and the incredibly reasonable price, I've preordered it ;).

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Meh, how is $5 off an "extremely reasonable price"?

It should be like $30 or something. Not like it took them many resources to make. Or there should at least be a discount for those who pre-ordered the original game.

Do not want.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.