Life Drain (not channeling) help...

emobroken22

Reaction score
first of all, i made a spell like life drain...
but unlike the original spell, its doesnt need to be channeled...but can be canceled when the target unit gets too far (certain distance).it can also target allies(which in this case the caster will give life to the target).

my problem is that i cant stop the spell when i want to, so my hero sometimes end up killing himself when giving life to his allies...is there a way to give an ability to stop the not so channeling spell(replacing the initial spell's icon and position)?

but i tried replacing the ability and it ends up canceling both the trigger and the spell...:(

HELP!!!!!

Heres the trigger:

Trigger:
  • Soul Steal
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Soul Steal
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off Soul Steal Loop <gen>
      • Set SS_Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set SS_Integer = 0.00
      • Set SS_Target = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Trigger - Turn on Soul Steal Loop <gen>

Trigger:
  • Soul Steal Loop
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.50 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • And - All (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • SS_Integer Not equal to (2.50 + (0.50 x (Real((Level of Soul Steal for (Triggering unit))))))
              • (SS_Target is alive) Equal to True
              • (SS_Caster is alive) Equal to True
              • (Distance between (Position of SS_Caster) and (Position of SS_Target)) Less than or equal to 650.00
        • Then - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (SS_Target belongs to an ally of (Owner of SS_Caster)) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Set SS_Integer = (SS_Integer + 0.50)
              • Unit - Set life of SS_Target to ((Life of SS_Target) + (0.75 x (Real((Strength of SS_Caster (Include bonuses))))))
              • Unit - Set life of SS_Caster to ((Life of SS_Caster) - (0.75 x (Real((Strength of SS_Caster (Include bonuses))))))
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of SS_Caster using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\ManaBurn\ManaBurnTarget.mdl
              • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of SS_Target using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\ManaBurn\ManaBurnTarget.mdl
            • Else - Actions
              • Set SS_Integer = (SS_Integer + 0.50)
              • Unit - Set life of SS_Caster to ((Life of SS_Caster) + (0.75 x (Real((Strength of SS_Caster (Include bonuses))))))
              • Unit - Cause SS_Caster to damage SS_Target, dealing (0.75 x (Real((Strength of SS_Caster (Include bonuses))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of SS_Caster using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\ManaBurn\ManaBurnTarget.mdl
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of SS_Target using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\ManaBurn\ManaBurnTarget.mdl
        • Else - Actions
          • Set SS_Integer = 0.00
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
haha sorry but i dont know how...hahaha newbie here..

It seem's that you have not yet read the rules of TheHelper.

Use WC3 Tags. Don't know how? When you have a trigger, look at the Events icon in the trigger editor. See the name of the trigger right above it? Right-click. Select Copy As Text, then paste into your thread. Put the
Trigger:
  • tag at the beginning of the trigger, and put the
tag at the end. If you are posting in the JASS Zone, there are similar tags for JASS. They work like this:
JASS:

emobroken22

Reaction score
It seem's that you have not yet read the rules of TheHelper.

Use WC3 Tags. Don't know how? When you have a trigger, look at the Events icon in the trigger editor. See the name of the trigger right above it? Right-click. Select Copy As Text, then paste into your thread. Put the
Trigger:
  • tag at the beginning of the trigger, and put the
tag at the end. If you are posting in the JASS Zone, there are similar tags for JASS. They work like this:
JASS:

there i put it in a wc3 tag...so pls help me now..

polo2005

Wana start playing LoL? http://tinyurl.com/369as27
Reaction score
first of all, i made a spell like life drain...
but unlike the original spell, its doesnt need to be channeled...but can be canceled when the target unit gets too far (certain distance).it can also target allies(which in this case the caster will give life to the target).

can you explain this a bit better?

by "but unlike the original spell, its doesnt need to be channeled..."
does that mean its more like a dot/hot on the target of the ability being cast?
and you just put it up, and then you can for example start casting aonther spell without stoping the life drain?

"but can be canceled when the target unit gets too far (certain distance)"
Can the spell only be closed when you gets to far away? or can you force stop it by, for example use a "stop ability" to cancel its effect?

[del]oh, btw the problem with your trigger is that you are waiting for both your SS_Target and SS_Caster to be dead befor turning off the trigger, i belvie it should be a
Code:
SS_Caster OR SS_Target is dead = true (handwriten)
[/del]
my fault, missreaded

Nherwyziant

Reaction score
He means, when the life drain is cast at the enemy, the caster will be able to walk or attack or any other actions. And when it is target at ally, the caster will lose life and give it to the target, can also do actions. While healing an ally, the caster will have a bonus spell, "cancel", to stop the channeling on allies if you will use it. Breaks link when enemy or ally is far. Which means, spell is not based on life drain, it would be like chain lightning or something lol.

emobroken22

Reaction score
He means, when the life drain is cast at the enemy, the caster will be able to walk or attack or any other actions. And when it is target at ally, the caster will lose life and give it to the target, can also do actions. While healing an ally, the caster will have a bonus spell, "cancel", to stop the channeling on allies if you will use it. Breaks link when enemy or ally is far. Which means, spell is not based on life drain, it would be like chain lightning or something lol.

haha...another problem..when trying to test the spell with the cancel ability without cooldowns or manacost (also knowned as -wtf mode in dota)
i tried to use the cancel ability with the same hotkey as the spell but since spells have no cooldown.....it just uses the spell instead of using the cancel ability...

polo2005

Wana start playing LoL? http://tinyurl.com/369as27
Reaction score
as the same way as adding + rep? :p
the icon right to the post number

Reaction score
Did you try giving the stop ability a different hot key to the original spell? Does it work if you manually click the stop ability?

Trigger:
  • SS_Integer Not equal to (2.50 + (0.50 x (Real((Level of Soul Steal for (Triggering unit))))))

triggering unit in this line should be changed to SS_Caster, since there is no triggering unit in this case.

Nherwyziant

Reaction score
haha...another problem..when trying to test the spell with the cancel ability without cooldowns or manacost (also knowned as -wtf mode in dota)
i tried to use the cancel ability with the same hotkey as the spell but since spells have no cooldown.....it just uses the spell instead of using the cancel ability...

Then just change the hotkey of cancel :p

Nherwyziant

Reaction score
Hey hey hey, you wan't me to create the soul steal? It will be in vJASS, but it will be easy configure. Ill create the spell after my cousin finishes using mah computer.

emobroken22

Reaction score
Did you try giving the stop ability a different hot key to the original spell? Does it work if you manually click the stop ability?

Trigger:

triggering unit in this line should be changed to SS_Caster, since there is no triggering unit in this case.

oopss
missed that one...thanks bka ranger...

emobroken22

Reaction score
Hey hey hey, you wan't me to create the soul steal? It will be in vJASS, but it will be easy configure. Ill create the spell after my cousin finishes using mah computer.

uhh im not really a vJASS fan....but hey maybe i could make something out of it...thanks for all ur trouble..^^ +rep again...

EDIT: ohh haha i forgot i just gave u +rep but hey...ill defintely give u some again when i can..^^

emobroken22

Reaction score
(offtopic): can someone tell me how to make a damage detection trigger using only GUI....and no i dont want to use the GDD made by snippet.....cuz i've tried that already and still nothing happens....

tmow

Reaction score
I dont think this needs to be triggered does it? just delete the channel animation. I made something similair but if hes trying to drain stats it needs to be triggered...Also you need a trigger to turn it off at a certain point which cannot be used by a wait action ever since those hashtables were invented its unacceptable now...making things a pain in the ass...

emobroken22

Reaction score
I dont think this needs to be triggered does it? just delete the channel animation. I made something similair but if hes trying to drain stats it needs to be triggered...Also you need a trigger to turn it off at a certain point which cannot be used by a wait action ever since those hashtables were invented its unacceptable now...making things a pain in the ass...

ahaha....it does need to be triggered...when i use the original spell and deleted the animation..the unit will still channel except its not doing anything (maybe standing). my spell kinda is the opposite.....when u cast the spell u would still be able to move and perform other actions..^^....and yessss wat a pain the ass it is.....but i've used an action that turns it off when the variable (integer) is equal to maximum duration..^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.