Like in the campain

ShaunTheMad

Reaction score
I've been browsing the tutorials page and while I've learned alot of interesting things, I still have no idea how to script this particular piece. I'm designing a set of triggers to turn an ordinary melee map into a zone control map. In order to claim a zone the player has to bring their hero onto the zone and for 15 seconds.

What I'm trying to do is just like the last undead mission in the FT campaign. You bring your main hero (your first one) onto a circle of power. The hero goes into casting mode for a set amount of time (during which you can select him but not control him). If he's killed during this time you fail the claim.

I think I got the countdown timer, but I can't figure out how to take away control and have the hero do his casting animation. Any advice would be appreciated.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
I think if you pause the unit, you can no longer control him.

Paused units can still take damage, and you can trigger his casting animation so it looks like he is casting the spell you want.

I believe the actions are

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit- pause (your unit)
      • Animation - Play (your units) spell animation
      • Animation - Queue (your units) spell animation

or something like that.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You shouldn't pause units, for a variety of reasons I have forgotten long ago and am to lazy to look up. But you're better off triggering a stun and then removing it on event.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
use the channel ability, it got a data field which disables all other actions of the channeling unit while the skill is used.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
why should one not pause units?

A paused unit cannot acquire new buffs even if targeted, has the duration of their current buffs paused (I think), and it turns off Immolation if it's on. There may be some other oddities I'm missing, too.

ShaunTheMad

Reaction score
Well I set up the trigger with the pause command and it works like a charm. Weep brought up some interesting points though. I think I may take a look at the Undead campaign to try to figure out what they did because some of the things like turning off immolation are actually desirable.

Still trying to figure out how to loop the animation, even with the queue, it only plays it twice rather than during the entire countdown.

Thanks all for the help.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.