Local Variables in Multiboard - Does it Cause Desyncs?

Zaraf

Reaction score
I have a public multiboard which I want to have a local variable at the top of for each player.

The multiboard would have your typical stats and stuff for all of the players, but at the top few rows of the multiboard, it would have Health status of the player's hero. However, it would only display the player's own hero's Health status (and not all players), thus being a "local" variable. Not sure if this is the right word, but I think this is the way to describe it.

Does anyone know if this causes desyncs? And if so, is there a way around it to prevent this from happening? Thanks!

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I think you mean 'GetLocalPlayer'.
'GetLocalPlayer' is famous for causing desyncs. (There's a nice Tutorial about the subject made by PurgeandFire, that you will find if you search.)
There's usually a way to work around desyncs caused by GetLocalPlayer.

I don't have WE open right now, but can't you create several different Multiboards with different values, and show them to different players? (Without using GetLocalPlayer.)

Tutorials:
GetLocalPlayer
Multiboards

EDIT:
Yes, hide the multiboard, getlocalplayer and show it to localplayer.

Nexor

Reaction score
I have the same problem, I could make it not to desync the players, but I can't update the multiboard, the stats only show for the first player :S

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
Use GetLocalPlayer correctly will benefit us, but it misused, it harm us.

You can make like this
JASS:
local multiboard m = ~!@#$%^&*(
~!@#$%^&*(
call ShowMultiboard(m,false)
if GetLocalPlayer() == WhichPlayer then
    call ShowMultiboard(m,true)
endif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.