Looking for a couple of beta testers please.

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Ok... I have actually made this game before using the basic language (Commodore 64, YABasic(ps2), Qbasic, VB.Net) and IMO the game was pretty cool. So i've decided to bring it to World Editor and actually see what others think of it. For the record, i've been programming on and off for 26 years, and my 'skills' are about as good as someone with some slight intelligence that's been programming solid for 6 months :(.

The attached is level 1 of probably 50. This level is just the base level (if you know what I mean).

I did post the level last week and got negative feedback, but I took all the comments on board and upgraded it quite a bit.

Just a handful of things i've added (for the previous testers)
- Added a damage detecting system
- Game runs a lot faster
- Fixed an annoying 'glitch' (this was a $?!&£%! nightmare!)
- Added abilities to the hero
- The fighting isn't quite as easy anymore
- Added a boss
- Added some armor (thankyou for the models guys :))
- Unleaked (I think)

Personally, I think for level 1. It's a tad OT more like a level 2/3, but it gives a much better idea of what's to come in later levels.

+rep to anyone who tests and gives informative feedback (What you like and dislike please)
Please don't use cheats, hardly any point testing it if you do :)

EDIT:
Map re-uploaded (with some suggestions put into place
- Damage detect system. The speed of the text is faster and the text is slightly smaller.
- Removed heal ability, and added a respawning(every 60 secs) rune of everlasting heal at the start location of the hero.
- Fixed a minor issue with picking up the sword of the giant bear. It now correctly goes into the weapon slot.
- Added very slight noise to the terrain
- Keys easier to pick up (not much tho, still not sure how to edit this properly)
- Fixed a few tooltips.
- Hero does more animations (Special thanks Villager for a superb model)

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Will when I get time/feel like make decisions.

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Ok well... To sum it up... It was interesting to say the least. I like puzzle games, great concept... It was RIDICULOUSLY easy though. The presence of a heal makes it terrieasy... My suggestion, is scatter healing locations around the map <single use obelisks? Something like that... Emphasize SINGLE USE>... Put them in places you have to kinda work to get to because the way you have it now, I can just heal, and heal, and heal, and heal, and it gets to the point where monsters don't even do anything. It would also add a new aspect, making you have to preserve heals for later *single use thing :p* so if you don't need it now you could always run back and get it later. I have so much mana and with spells it's really easy. And also make the silver key a little easier to grab XD. It has a REALLY small selection scale... On to good parts... It was fun. The block and the lasers were quite cool, and I look forward to seeing more levels. I enjoyed it, it was easy, but it's also level one. I still think the obelisk heals would be a good idea, but perhaps it wouldn't fit later levels... Hmm what else...? Umm... That's about all I can think of for now :). Hope I helped some :p.

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
I also fount it fun too play, however as dragonhord pointed out, the heal made it to easy. One thing that bugged me was the floating text. In my opinion it was to big, and moved to slow, but that is maybe just me. Other than that, i think it great (maybe think about making coins obtainable through things other than killing bears (solving puzzles etc).:thup:

EDIT: Oh and whats up with the Giant bear in the bottom left corner that you can't get to? :O

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yay replies! and good ones too.

My suggestion, is scatter healing locations around the map <single use obelisks?
Very! interesting? how do i make these tho? At first I had the enemies drop Runes of healing(s) but I was a tad worried that the user wouldn't understand the concept of kiting the enemies around to preserve hp and run out of health far too quickly, making it impossible to complete the level. In later levels it won't matter so much as these levels will be purposely made so that you have to think about every position you push that block, or you could push into a dead end leading to a restart mission.

And also make the silver key a little easier to grab XD. It has a REALLY small selection scale...
I've actually looked everywhere in the object editor for this and all I could find was selection scale - editor, nothing to for in-game?

Thankyou for your reply dragonhord and +rep

One thing that bugged me was the floating text. In my opinion it was to big, and moved to slow
Yea I'll work on this. Tho I think the size is good, but the speed is too slow.

maybe think about making coins obtainable through things other than killing bears (solving puzzles etc
Agreed and I allready have idea for this type of thing for the upcoming levels :)

EDIT: Oh and whats up with the Giant bear in the bottom left corner that you can't get to? :O
Hehe he's a secret boss. There's actually an invisible platform at the north side of the cliff he's on :)

Thankyou for your reply wellwish3r and +rep

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Increase the size of the key a bit... And as for the heal, assuming you do plan on implementing it, just create a tower based off some random unit with an obelisk model, and if this is for only a single player do something like...
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 200.00 of No unit
    • Conditions
      • Obelisk[1] Equal to 0
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) + 200.00)
      • Set Obelisk[1] = Obelisk[1] + 1
Incidentally you would have to add each obelisk to an array value, and that might get a bit tedious... I'm sure there is a more practical way to do it... But this would function to heal a unit that comes with 200 of an obelisk *change no unit to your preplaced obelisk* You could even make it to where you could heal at the same obelisk repeatedly, like you can only heal at an obelisk every X seconds... So that you could continue healing at the obelisk but not so frequently, and you would still have to maneuver around to get to it, which, since it's a mazing game, should be rather difficult, but not too challenging :p.

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I actually really like this idea, and I will most definatly impliment it one way or another.

Thanks again :)

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Map reuploaded with suggestions put into place. :thup:

Should I completely change the look of it (i.e remove cliff terrain and replace with doodads)?

EDIT:
Reuploaded for the final time. Hero does much better animations (Special thanks Villager for a fantastic model)

I'm moving onto level 2. Tho I will check this thread from time to time.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.