• 1. Pathetic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Lure of the Ancient Lands

Project:
I have a previous map named Lure of the Ancient Lands, but it sucks, and had a lot of bugs, and that map is my first project, as I'm far away from before, I decided to create another Project with the same name but with another map or gameplay

this is another AoS style map

Features:
These are the features I want to implement in my map.
This isn't a large project, thats why I have my features small, but I'll make the map good for nice gameplay and players will have fun.
  • Jass enhanced spells
  • 2 Teams (The Alliance and The Horde)
  • 3 lanes
  • 26 heroes
  • up to 5 vs 5
  • Uses the Attribute System
  • Uses the Pocket Stash

Screenshots

Recruits:
-Beta Testers
-AI makers

Thats all I need, because I'm going to make the spells, and terrain

Questions:
Q: Do you have good game plays like, Day of Destiny, that you pick a spell for your hero, and Aeon of Dominion that randomly gives you 1 attribute when in battle and randomly gives you your ultimate?
A: I want to make the map pretty basic, so that players could understand well

Changelog
-Added Dashing Boots recipe
-Added Talisman of Evasion item
-Added 2 heroes
-Fixed some tooltips and names
-Recoded some AI scripts
-Added Crazyrussian's credit for Map Preview
-Fixed Extend Arms bug
-Tweaked Pain
-Tweaked Wanderer
-Sonic Slash has longer cooldown

Remarks:
-Need loading screen, anyone wants to help?
-Last 5 heroes needed
-3 Alliance heroes
-2 Horde heroes

Future Objectives:
-Items

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
barracks wars...i didnt continued that already, cause jonadrian volunteered to continue the project

polaris wars, looks like its almost done

shadow of sunlight
ill participate if squll2 has something for me to do

now this project, im still recruiting members who want to join

hehehe

OFFTOPIC: parang aku na lang ang pinoy na laging active dito ah...

minsan ko na lang kau nakita...

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
BUMP

alpha test is released, go to the main post, and download the alpha map

there is no items yet, cause I planned to put items after the heroes bugs are removed

please post some bugs in game....

sorry i forgot to get some screenies...

enjoy

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
ill try this out tomarrow, right now im checking out a new game (not warcraft) <i just got a cd invite XD> so till then, im off (ill try to play with the heros, see what i like/dislike)

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
> Now posting Screenshots.

NOW posting error reports:p

Notes :
- On Sunset Rider's 2nd spell, which you have a duration to deal more damage and damage-overtime, I think the duration is too short, I can hardly attack any enemy during that time
- On Sunset Rider's 3rd skill, which you will create 'fireballs', are you sure you're using War Stomp as the effect? Because that is not a fireball. And did you base the spell from War Stomp? If you did, then you should mention the ministun effect. Else, use Thunder Clap.
- On Sunset Rider's ultimate, which several fireballs will fall from the sky, the timing of damage isn't right. The fireball drops, then the damage happens a little late. Also, you might want to mention the slowing effect.
- On the Knight's 2nd skill, where units can gain bonus damage by attacking, you may want to add the % bonus and duration in the tooltip.
- There are a lot of tooltip mistakes in words like "tha", "dealin", etc. I recommend you to check your spells' tooltip.
- On Demonhide's ultimate, the tooltip says "Makes enemy units in radius become unable to move in random 2-4 seconds. I recommend changing it to "Makes enemy units in radius become unable to move and attack for random duration between 2-4 seconds.
- Thrall's Frost Aura, the 3rd skill didn't slow enemies at all.
- The Quake Starter's 1st spell, the Shockwave and the wave of Thunder Claps aren't timed right. The waves go faster and earlier than the Thunder Claps.
- Kelen's 1st spell which teleports you to the location of the dagger didn't teleport you to the location of the dagger, it teleports you to (Position of (Target Point of Ability Being Cast)

Those are all I can remember :)

A direct copy-paste from my trusty Notepad:p

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
ill update some tooltips

for kelen's dagger, i designed the spell to move the unit where you casted the spell, because if i do polar projection thingy, kelen will suddenly moves to a place where you cant go out, or traps the hero...i may change the tooltip

thanks...

so what can u say about the map?

darkRae

Reaction score
Beside the tooltip, maybe you want to change the art. That shiny orb thingy is NOT a dagger lol :p

That map is cool, especially with the eye-candy (watch how knockback differs from 'on the ground' targets and 'on the water' targets) I like the Vengeful Spirit's 1st spell that works like a dash, and the Blademaster's jumping slash (forgot the name)

Nice job dude :D all you need to do now is adding items and balancing stuffs.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
sure ill do it after i collected some bugs, and bought a bug spray lol :p

also i forgot to mention, im going to use custom icons to fit on the spells :D

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
Grand knights second skill: how high is the damage increase? Is the buff supposed to have such a high durotation? the units are just permanently buffed. And for 'on attack'-spells you should use the on attack template we have on this side.
grand knights ultimate: I dont really get the sense of this skill since it just lasts 4 seconds on first level. And it has strange specialeffect.
Keins first spell: i think it's little imba. it has around 2k range so you can easily escape of everything. but it cuts trees <3
Keins second spell: It's kinda useles. on last level you need around 80 agility to do at least 300 dmg (wich is the same as dash) but it hits only one target and is not used to catch enemies or flee. And if you compare it with grand knights passiv wich costs no mana and gets used more often it's just crap. i mean... even more crappy.
Keins ultimate: The special effect is wierd. This is no shadow.

You should reread all your tooltips there are some errors:
Kein: his first spell when you learn it it has 2 dots instead of one.
grand knight: his 3. skill has a 'them' inside. You should replace it by 'the attack' or smthing.

You made such nice ayumilove tooltips. These are neat and you used great hotkeys too <3<3<3:D:D:D:eek::p:p;)
But one thing: you should use the information about target type, cooldown etc also in the tooltip you cast it.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
thanks for testing the map...ill fix it asap

EDIT:
some bugs fixed, try beta version on the main post and post bugs

i added a shop that sells items, the items were pretty basic, ill update the items after later versions of the map

darkRae

Reaction score
Hey hey hey, darkRae is back! :D
Okay, I've played the full version, and my comments are :

1. Sunset Rider's ultimate is still not timed right.

2. I've just thought of a great idea on Backfire. How about changint the dummy ability to Fan of Knives instead of Thunder Clap? That way it won't cause some *nudge* on the ground and annoying buffs. And I suggest changing the art effect to Doom instead of War Stomp. You know, the Doom death effect.

3. The upgradeable items, you should've written in their tooltips that you have to buy the lv2/lv3 of that item to upgrade it. People will get confused on how to upgrade them. And some items have missing "Can be upgraded" tooltip.

4. The upgradeable Shield item (that gives armor) is kinda imba compared to the Sword. Sword gives 10/20/30 damage but Shield gives 5/10/15 armor. Suggest lower the armor bonus to..... how about 4/7/11?

5. The damage aura item (Ranged and Melee) has the same price (1000g). I suggest lower the price of the Ranged Aura since there is only 1 Ranged creep (and there are 3 Melee Creeps)

Those are all I can remember ;) hehe

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
1. i had just played with my friends today, and sunset rider's ulti is imba when targeted infront of him, just like every .10 second the damage is released....and because its too imba...i managed to change it to a rain of fire with slow.....i already fixed sunset rider's ulti, but still cant get the timing right....

2. i already used fan of knives in a version i didnt released, but it bugged, i dont know why....when u used a spell. the fan of knives wont cast, thats why i used thunder clap, now because of the buffs and "nudge", ill add a 1 second slow to the units affected, so that it will look realistic

3. ok ill do that

4. i dont want to reduce the armor, instead ill increase the gold cost

5. ill do that

thanks!

darkRae

Reaction score
Another thing, Riflemen have Instant attack type, don't they? (no projectiles, just that the attack instantly 'reaches' the unit) I suggest you change it to Missile to make it balanced. Don't forget missile speed too! These things seem minor but they do affect the game :D

darkRae

Reaction score
LOL, here I am again :p (looks like I'm going to subscribe this)

More Comments :

1. Hey, Riflemen's attack type hasn't been change from Instant. I can still see that the attack reaches the target instantly. You forgot again?

2. I suggest remove the 'Assorted Item Shop' Floating Text. We all can see the location of the shop :D

3. Wirt's Leg's tooltip is wrong. It says "Requires Ring of Regen and Sobi Mask" while it actually requires "Boots of Speed and Gloves of Haste" and instead of "+30 attack rate" make it into "+30% attack rate"

4. Phoenix Claws didn't make my Grand Knight burn, is this supposed to happen? And the AoE and damage is too high for a 4000g item I think. I can sit beside my ranged creep and I guess the enemy melee Hero can be burnt too (I guessed the range :p) anyway, 50 damage per second is too high. How about 40?

Here are my comments :D

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
1. yeah i forgot to change that
2. ok...
3. woot...thats because thats the last item i made, maybe im too excited to release the map
4. i didnt put a burning effect to ur hero, and the damage per second is just 40

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.