Magic the Gathering

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
ok i started working on this MTG map a few weeks ago, now i have everything figured out, but im in need of a few things, such as , Card Deck! if u would like to suggest a card deck please limit it to 60 cards (no more or no less {maybe more [in later version]})

and to make it easier label your suggestd deck like so

Example

GOBLIN DECK
Lands
mountain x 12
creatures
Raging goblin x 3
Etc.
others
Lava axe x 2

or label it like so
GOBLIN DECK
Lands
12 mountains
creatures
3 raging goblins
4 goblin seigmasters
etc.
others
2 lava axe
1 flame wave
4 shock
etc.

M

morxel

Hey i recentally saw your map (magic the gathering) being hosted. Was that you hosting it? Just thought id mention it, if it wasnt u .. that just shows that people enjoy your work then ;)

Bartuc08

Reaction score
well lets see i dont have internet so no i cant host my map... fuck somone already made it, and all i had to do was finish the cards....

[edit]

what the hell ill finish it anyway, now im looking for suggestions on a combat system, at the moment mine is based off of Dialoge buttons , if anyone else has a suggestion thats be great

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Fade Filters + Floating Text + Arrow Keys = Unique :)

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
that MTG was probably MTG TD, which has been out for a while. either that or some other game-type based off the card game. I doubt it was a card game ame as your's.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Ya, MTG TD sux neway. Bart u can make the actual game...

Bartuc08

Reaction score
sweet, mines gonna have 4 players and all the kewl stuff, from the card game, anyway can u explain this stuff bout fade filters, floating text and arrow keys a bit, (are u refering to the combat system)?

anyway about the combat system like i said if i do use dialoge buttons it would look somthing like this , although it would take a while for each person to attack and all i think it would be easy for new people to use

alright so u use attack and select a player (through a dialog screen)
then the player attacked chooses if he wants to defend, if he picks yes then he will choos e the units he wants to use to block, and which unit he will block against. if he chooses not to defned he will take damage, simple, and all that other stuff, only thing is this can get extremly long if your going against a token deck that pumps out like 10 - 20 tokens a turn (it is possible with Myrs,[ the kid had 307 by the end of the game]) in which case the defending player would take hours defending and stuff , but i might fix the token problem by making instead of 300 tokens a 300/300 creature, that only looses 1/1 each time it defends or is defended against,

the first few versions will be like this, the mana cost will be equal to converted mana cost and of one color (if its a white creature then all white mana) if the creature is say a white and green then his mana cost will be split evenly. the decks at first will be limited to 60 cards max, and pre made only

{edit}

still looking for card decks, c'mon people i know some of u have a few

M

morxel

Well what i could see it read 'Magic the Gathering' ... but i was kinda sleepy that night so maybe i didnt read it all out. But also who cares if its already been made.. just work on yours, and it could be 'better' than the original. Also sometimes having a game already made can be a good thing, it means people have already heard about it and has reputation. which may make your map more popular.... or maybe worse.. if the original was really bad :eek:

Bartuc08

Reaction score
morxel said:
Well what i could see it read 'Magic the Gathering' ... but i was kinda sleepy that night so maybe i didnt read it all out. But also who cares if its already been made.. just work on yours, and it could be 'better' than the original. Also sometimes having a game already made can be a good thing, it means people have already heard about it and has reputation. which may make your map more popular.... or maybe worse.. if the original was really bad :eek:

yea i know what your talking about i just dont wanna conflict anyone, and my first version may not be that good, (to constricting) but i wanna get some rep so i get some better help (seems like people are more helpful to those with more rep) but if i have a wide variety of premade decks people wont complain to much.

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
It would be really cool if you actually got units reflecting the cards abilitys and such... (Flying unit would fly, provoke could be attack controled, modular would buff a nearby artifact on death for permanents + stats, trample would be like cleave and so on...)

If you would like I can post a deck or two of mine (obviously not my super sneaky tricky tourny winning decks though ;) )

Bartuc08

Reaction score
Jimpy said:
It would be really cool if you actually got units reflecting the cards abilitys and such... (Flying unit would fly, provoke could be attack controled, modular would buff a nearby artifact on death for permanents + stats, trample would be like cleave and so on...)

If you would like I can post a deck or two of mine (obviously not my super sneaky tricky tourny winning decks though ;) )

please do post your decks, who ever pots a deck will be added to the specail thanks on the front page and your name would be put next to the deck u suggested on the quest menu

as of a few minutes ago Senkin has joined up with me on this project

S

Senkin

Id say use the REAL cards and not the made up ones tokeep it legit and fun. So others can pick out thier REAL life decks and have fun battleing over the itnernet!

Ne way hi im senkin the tigger expert (Not jass though). I loved MTG when I played it and this idea sounds like SO much fun and I decided to help bartuc and work on this as much as I can.

Feed our minds this will turn into a revolation on how ppl from around the world can play this one common game! I will do what I can to put almost every card and emulate the Real Life form of MTG.

Ok I said my fill wait and see MTG fans this will ROCK.

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Alright first deck, its great for 1v1, isn't finished but works, mainly its a p.i.t.a.

Pulsing Explosions

20X mountains
1x Earthquake
2x Misguided Rage
1x Final Dortune
4x Aether Flash
1x Searing Wind
1x Volley of Boulders
4x Pillage
2x Firecat Blitz
4x Stone Rain
2x Disintegrate
2x Browbeat
2X Blaze
2x Spitting Earth
2X Fireball
4X Seal of Fire
4X Shock
2X Lava Burst
1X Mana cache

Total= 61 Cards

The general idea is.. I have no creatures and never will, I explode early 1/1 2/2 crap, then explode your lands so you dont get to bring out strong stuff. Meanwhile I'm getting aetherflashes into play. (A creature comes into play, deal 2 damage to it)
So using normal logic... 2 aetherflashes in play = 4dmg the second something comes into play, this will stop most strong creatures in someones deck from being played. Also with a lack of lands I doubt something stronger then a 3/3 will be made... Then I use mana cache and final fortune to deal like a wopping 30dmg in a turn or 2.

A name was asked for.. its a little cheesy but it sounds kinda cool...

Bartuc08

Reaction score
very good deck idea, can u maybe give it a name or something, hopefully more people follow in your steps and decide to post a few decks,

and hey Senkin i was thinking maybe we can get me,you and 2 other people to host this map every friday night (if it gets popular) for a tournament , we have 1v1, until we have 1 winner in every map, then we take the winner from all 4 hosted maps then they go to another map where , we can spectate them , and the winner of that gets his name posted on the website and his deck (if its a custom one) added to a hall of fame or whatever

and I'm gonna redo the terrain to support 8 players, with a minimum of 4 arenas (all arenas will be chaos 4, capable) and theyre will be a little circle or sumthing in the middle, where u could possible load a new deck or pick a different premade deck, and u will also move to another area where u choose who u wanna battle, then the person u wanna battle will agree then the game will begin

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Bartuc08 said:
still looking for card decks, c'mon people i know some of u have a few

Heh, lucky for you, MTG got big in lil' ol' SR NJ! :D

I mainly played with a black deck that I called the Necromancer Deck. Basically, lots of magic cards dealing with reviving monsters. Hell, even monsters that revive monsters! :D The ol' buddy of mine: Gravedigger. Also, to add some real power into it, I threw 4 Terrors, which are an Instant "Kill target nonblack creature" for a mere Swamp and a 1 extra mana... SO much fun to watch someone bring out their big bad monsters, and the next second, bam, gone! >D

I'll check my cards out when I get home, and maybe give you a card list within a few days, provided I can get online anytime soon. Busy busy...

Bartuc08

Reaction score
i just went out and bought one of them $12 decks and just tooke some cards out and modified it, lol yea i know i cheat, but who cares, them cards are pretty nice, but dont worry ill make my own custome (wish i had) deck whnever i get internet, part of me is thinking i should make a 3 colored deck with super power Rhox as the leader

Rhox with a spirit link and a vampiric thirts would pwn anyone

deals 5 direct damage, gives me 5 more life, then i bring a creature back from the dead, hehe

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
i just went out and bought one of them $12 decks and just tooke some cards out and modified it, lol yea i know i cheat, but who cares, them cards are pretty nice, but dont worry ill make my own custome (wish i had) deck whnever i get internet, part of me is thinking i should make a 3 colored deck with super power Rhox as the leader

Cheating? No, that's called making a deck... No one says you have to use all the cards that come with a deck. Just because it may work for whoever tested it doesn't mean it works for you :p Hell my Necro deck wasn't a pre-made.

Rhox with a spirit link and a vampiric thirts would pwn anyone

deals 5 direct damage, gives me 5 more life, then i bring a creature back from the dead, hehe

One spell would knock him right out of the running >D Only two mana, take a lucky guess which spell I'm talking about? ;)

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
when you see the magic the gathering being hosted most likely its another game because they have a 3v3 game on Magic the Gathering... so you know

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Eternity Deck

X9 Forests
X9 Plains
X4 Wirewood Hivemaster
X4 Wirewood Herald
X4 Wellwusher
X4 Stream Of life
X2 Wall of hope
X2 Nantuko Mentor
X4 Ageless Entity
X4 Spirit Link
X1 Lure
X4 Revive
X4 Thunderstaff
X2 Serra's Embrace
X1 Overrun
X1 Fanatical Devotion
X4 Reward the Faithful
X2 Rightous Cause
X1 Ancestral Tribute
X2 Guilty Conscience
X2 Saproling Symbiosis
X1 Kjeldoran Frsotbeast

Total : 71 Cards (I think.. I had difficulty counting)
On the large side but lot of repeats in there.

General Idea: The deck gets massive numbers... Ive had in a couple turns around 60 1/1s, Ive had far over a million life, and something around a 1,000,000,000/1,000,000,000. Very fun in large games.

How?

The majority of this deck consists of either cards that heal, support healing, work with healing, or work with multiple creatures at a time.
Base plan: Play a wall of hope or wellwisher early on for some small healing, dont block except with wall of hopes. Elf army grows, with wirewood hivemaster you get a couple of 1/1 bug tokens, this is now your weak army that everything works on.

Overrun adds +3/+3 and trample to all creatures, with 5 1/1s in play thats 20dmg, good game your done basically.

Saproling Symbiosos adds a 1/1 bug token for each creature you control. You have 4 elfs, 3 bug tokens and say a nantuko mentor (8). You now get 8 more 1/1 for a total of 16 lousy 1/1s. Use revive on a GREEN CARD in your graveyard, you dont have to tell or show anyone the card as there is no specifications or erratas so.. bring back Saproling symbiosis, and play it again. Bam 16X2 = 32 1/1 and repeat. Use overrun and you now have your fat 32 army of 4/4 tramples, almost impossible to stop without a fog or something that has a lure-type block.

Lure + Ageless entity OR Kjeldoran Frosbeast = opponents army goes bye bye. Kjeldoran forstbeast kills anything in combat with it no matter what, with lure, KjeldFB attacks, everything blocks, everything dies. On Ageless entity, everything blocks, while rest of your crappy 1/1 army attacks.

Fanatical Devotion: With the mass of 1/1 bug tokens and stuff that you have, any time something important dies, you can simply sacrifice a bug token to revive your important card. No mana cost, and is fast acting like an interupt. Fun fun.

Ageless Entity: This card is the main focus of the deck as in this deck it gets massivly strong in turns.
Ageless entity is a 4/4 for 5 mana (2 forest, 3 colorless) and its ability is that anytime you gain life, it gets +1/+1 tokens on it for EVERY life gained. So wellwishers and other small healing units/spells are small potatoes for this. Now when you add on a Spirit link it just gets plain cheap. You attack with ageless entity, he deals 4damage, you heal 4 life (because of spirit links affect) and now ageless entity is an 8/8. If he dies, there are more ageless entitys, revives, and fanatical devoition to save you. Regenerating a creature keeps his counters and enchantments.

So Now with our 8/8 Ageless Entity + Spirit link, you can further buff him with a nantuko mentor. Nantuko mentor for 3 mana can tap, add add the strength of a creature to its strength and defence.
8/8 Ageless entity is targeted by the 1/1 Nantuko mentor...
16/16 Ageless entity until end of turn.
Ageless entity attacks, you gain 16 life, and ageless entitys base 8/8 has a further added 16+/16+ making him a 32/32 until end of turn, and a permanent 24/24.
Now you can add on more spirit links (does double the affect of healing per dmg), use wellwishers and other creatures spells for heals, maybe start using 2 nantuko mentors on your ageless entity and you end up with near infinite life and infinatly strong creature with regenerate/flying/attacking dont cause him to tap, and more fun stuff.

Thunderstaff: Prevents 1 dmg that is dealt to you from each creature hitting you. thunderstaff X 4 = prevent 4dmg hitting you. Add on all the heals and your good to go.

Righteous cause: A creature attacks, gain 1 life (add +1/+1 to ageless entity(s)) So righteous cause X 2 + a couple thunder staffs means that a 2/2 could attack you directly, have its damage prevented, and end up healing you. Also attacking with masses of 1/1 bug tokens can be used for nice heals to quicken the ageless entity.

I've won a few tournys with this deck, if used well (not too hard not too since everything feeds eachother) it will win.

Dies to decks like my previously mentioned pulsing explosions. Still, highly unlikely anyone has a deck like it...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.