Making a new mod. Looking for partner(s)

Nightshadow

Reaction score
Well it kinda has it all in the title. But here is some extra details on the mod I want to make, I've tried making this with a real life buddy, but he never willing to work for it.
I need someone who could supply me with triggers/heroes weekly(Exceptions ofcourse will be granted)

WC3 Mod Details
Mod style : AoS(DotA)
Size : 192x192(Large)
Players : 5v5(Im afraid I no not how to make the 6v6 how they make it in some mods without using 2 players as creep spawns/buildings)
Level of Difficulty : This will be a basic mod such as Dota, break through towers/'defending unit of choice', with advanced abilities(I don't stand for silly abilities like,"Shuriken Toss", Im sorry but that is just lame.)
Other : Mod will be highly teamwork oriented, as in, there will not be(Well not as commonly found in other AoS mods.) single heroes who is capable of pawning the entire oppossing team's players' heads without difficulty - heroes will rely on each other.
Time of Mod: The mod will be set in an old fantasy age, such as Dota, and Warcraft 3 itself, it is not futuristic.

That's about it about the Mod, a little about me.
I am an experienced(ish) world editor, I can do most of the things except jass I struggle with a bit still. I'm from South Africa, I am willing to work on this, this will be the 3rd mod attempt I've made, I need a partner/co-worker(lol whatever u wanna call it:eek:) to help me out. I am 16 years old(I have ALOT of time to waste heh), and my grammar is fine. So you won't find no,"This abilty are herokill abilty. If use kill"(Did you understand that? I didnt... and I wrote it...)

Requirements on your behalf if you're interested:
  • Must be able to work with Triggers(Jass is a HUGE turn on - lol)
  • Must use proper grammar(Please guys if you dont know english dont apply)
  • Weekly Hand in of an Ability, Hero, Idea, Model, Icon Art, Trigger(s), suggestion(s)' will be required(Exceptions can OFCOURSE be made)

How to contact me:
Cobus Greyling on www.Facebook.com
MSN - [email protected](You can also email me on this address)
Please post on here if you are interested in making a successful mod. I will also, if the mod is done and properly too, pay for a site(My brother-in-law owns a company)

I look forward to a good mod ;)

Please, also you dont need to contact me to ask questions, just post em on here, and I will answer them too. Yes more than 1 person will be great.
You will not recieve credit in the mod, but rather it will be stated that you made the mod with me(and hopefully some other helpful souls) and therefore the mod will be as much yours as it is mine.

T

Tubba

Well, I've been thinking of making an AoS to prepare myself for a big, complicated project, but I'm not really a fan of DotA, so I think I'll pass, sorry.

soulreaping

Reaction score
Maybe tell us what will be unique in your map?

As far as I read you're comparing a few fields to dota, so why should people make a map that is similar to dota if we can just play dota?

w00t22

CSS L4D DoD? Steam ID = w00t22
Reaction score
i dont wanna sound mean but most maps dont get finished espically aos's

Nightshadow

Reaction score
Woot, let me start off by answering you:
These maps don't get finished. because it's a loner doing it.
With a whole band of brothers(if you will) a project like this will be easy to overcome.

To be honest(Answer to the 1st 2 Replies)
I don't like DotA really either... I just play it cos I happen to be good at it... Icefrog is a moron... wtf was he thinking when he made DotA... 1 hero totally fucks up the rest,"Dont worry they will deal with it..."
No fuck that.... Teamwork.
Heroes will have talents(similar to WoW)
I'm planning to allow people to choose the way their hero runs, e.g a Fire mage wont be just a fire Mage.... you will choose him, and a dialog box or by text(-Talent1 or whatever), will you choose his specialty.
See it as a set of scales with 3 scales instead of just 2. 1 is(For a Shadow Assassin for instance - totally random)Stealth, another is Assassination, and another is Ambushing. By adding onto 1 of those scales(Let say Stealth), he gains an increase in that ability, and decreases in the rest of the departments(in this case, Assassination and Ambushing), so, he will be able to stay invisible with whatever ability, Wind Walk if you like, for longer, but his backstabs and traps will do less damage.

Also what makes the mod unique to other AoS mods... well... that's what you are here for. If you want it to be unique by +'ing Pve(Player vs. Environment - such as creeps, bosses, and rare-drop items >Also known as Jungling to some extent<) so that the game can be a more difficult and well-rounded one, so be it. As long as we both(Or HOPEFULLY All of us) agree to the idea.:rolleyes:
This is going to work. I want to make a big project. I do not want to make a silly little Dota... there are so many of that. that people will start getting sick of it. Icefrog is a lazy lamer... he hasnt brought out a new version in over a month. But we, we will be different. We will ALWAYS have something new for our community. Terrain is up to me, and do not worry I am excellent in it... believe me it looks insane. I am willing to restart... on a bigger map. If I can just find a few(2-4) willing souls who gives what they can... I need you guys. I want to crush Icefrog and his puny excuse for a proper game! Which is why I dont want it to be TOO difficult, TOO advanced.
Appreciate the comments. NS

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
for the 6v6, what happens is there are 16 total players in a game, and 12 of then can be humans, and the others are neutral hostile, passive, naga, and rescuable, so you need to change those alliances with triggers if you want a 6v6 map

also, i recommend not making the map bigger, instead use a trigger to zoom in the screen of the players, and make everything look smaller, ive done this and it helps, especially with making units seem to move faster then 512

and id be willing to help you if u wanted with some triggers and spells since that's what im good at

T

Tubba

Woot, let me start off by answering you:
These maps don't get finished. because it's a loner doing it.
With a whole band of brothers(if you will) a project like this will be easy to overcome.

To be honest(Answer to the 1st 2 Replies)
I don't like DotA really either... I just play it cos I happen to be good at it... Icefrog is a moron... wtf was he thinking when he made DotA... 1 hero totally fucks up the rest,"Dont worry they will deal with it..."
No fuck that.... Teamwork.
Heroes will have talents(similar to WoW)
I'm planning to allow people to choose the way their hero runs, e.g a Fire mage wont be just a fire Mage.... you will choose him, and a dialog box or by text(-Talent1 or whatever), will you choose his specialty.
See it as a set of scales with 3 scales instead of just 2. 1 is(For a Shadow Assassin for instance - totally random)Stealth, another is Assassination, and another is Ambushing. By adding onto 1 of those scales(Let say Stealth), he gains an increase in that ability, and decreases in the rest of the departments(in this case, Assassination and Ambushing), so, he will be able to stay invisible with whatever ability, Wind Walk if you like, for longer, but his backstabs and traps will do less damage.

Also what makes the mod unique to other AoS mods... well... that's what you are here for. If you want it to be unique by +'ing Pve(Player vs. Environment - such as creeps, bosses, and rare-drop items >Also known as Jungling to some extent<) so that the game can be a more difficult and well-rounded one, so be it. As long as we both(Or HOPEFULLY All of us) agree to the idea.:rolleyes:
This is going to work. I want to make a big project. I do not want to make a silly little Dota... there are so many of that. that people will start getting sick of it. Icefrog is a lazy lamer... he hasnt brought out a new version in over a month. But we, we will be different. We will ALWAYS have something new for our community. Terrain is up to me, and do not worry I am excellent in it... believe me it looks insane. I am willing to restart... on a bigger map. If I can just find a few(2-4) willing souls who gives what they can... I need you guys. I want to crush Icefrog and his puny excuse for a proper game! Which is why I dont want it to be TOO difficult, TOO advanced.
Appreciate the comments. NS

I find it a bit amusing that you demand the person you work with be good at English, yet your formulating makes your posts very difficult to read. Demanding people to use proper grammar, especially on the internet, tends to get them annoyed, especially if you're not an anglophile yourself, since people tend to get quite picky.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Don't call it MOD, its a bit lame for warcraft maps XD as far as I know, the so popular MOD's are editted MPQ's so yours is off better to be called custom or AOS in my own opinion.

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
People with a lot of years of experience have already made AoS-es that are far more better than dota. (DoE for example)

I doubt you will ever be able to reach their level of skill.
And even if you do, AoS no matter how good will never be popular because idiots will always say "fuck this lets play dota" just because they do not have the guts to play the game that requires a bit of brainwork instead of just hiding in the woods for 40 minutes so you can get lama imba items.

soulreaping

Reaction score
Dota allstars was a map created by a guy that did nothing but stealing from people heroes, items etc.
His so called 'updates' that were released every 2 weeks or so are things that even beginner JASSers can make in a day, if not less.
I, myself, have no clue how the hell it became so popular, there are so much AoS maps out there that are far better, and require better player skills, better teamwork, better thinking than dota.

Anyway back to the topic, I still see you comparing a lot of fields to dota, and no offense, I doubt that you can make a map more popular or better than dota.

Good luck anyways.

Nightshadow

Reaction score
People with a lot of years of experience have already made AoS-es that are far more better than dota. (DoE for example)

I doubt you will ever be able to reach their level of skill.
And even if you do, AoS no matter how good will never be popular because idiots will always say "fuck this lets play dota" just because they do not have the guts to play the game that requires a bit of brainwork instead of just hiding in the woods for 40 minutes so you can get lama imba items.
100% agreed.... unfortunately... Well I can see that there arent alot of people that are interested... Thought we'd give DotA a challenge xP

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
DotA is a humilliation to all AoS maps, and all who play it (no offense) do not got a taste of good map making.

Please, if I were someone else, and were thinking about joining this, I would say: "Why do you compare with DotA? DotA is not the start of AoS, it's a start of bad skills, which has become popular."

"Where do you wanna go with this?" you might ask, and what I am saying is;
Do never compare your map making with DotA, when people do that, I lose the will to be in a project. Just my opinion.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Just to point out - the dota rule is valid in this forum as well.
One more post that implies "DotA sucks" or "DotA RULEZ" and this thread will be closed.

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
I would just like to say that whole AoS concept has been poisoned with it.
That is why unfortunately no AoS map will ever make general popularity.

That does not mean making AoS map is futile,
we are eternally grateful to those rare good AoS makers, they push the borders of wc3 map quality.
I just personally would never make an AoS because I do not want to waste my time on something people will compare with dota.

There are plenty of other cool map genres, TD, hero survival, tags...

Nightshadow

Reaction score
Ok.
EVERYONE just started blabbering about Dota.
I never wanted to compare it to DotA.
I just thought it'd be the logical thing to do, seeing that it is so popular.
Everyone ever play Desert of Exile? Good Mod.
Age of Mythology? THATS what I want.
Physical abilities.
That actually change the way that the physix function. I hope noone minds me using the dota abilities as examples(Meat Hook, Fissure)
Sfilip I REALLY do not mean to sound rude, but might I ask why you banned discussion on dota?<3

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Age of Mythology? THATS what I want.

Never heard of a map called Age of Mythology, not to mind an AoS. Do you mean Age of Myths?

Physical abilities.
That actually change the way that the physix function

Knockback, sliding etc?

Well, GL with the project. Would put my name forward to help with the project but I just dont have any time :S

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
I played Age of Myths, the first time I played it, I pwned right away with Scox, they we're amazed since I was a dler and I kept asking questions, but after 10 minutes, I got the hang of it, more or less, brainwork, skills, and other things are needed in every AoS map. Most of the time DotA is always 'suckz' or 'rulez' DotA is a good game, its fun, but the reason it takes 2 weeks to release it w/e, people always BETA TEST, not like other people who just release they're goddamn loser map and hope it wins, but to come out and people hosting his map, the title becomes... '<MapName> join! I have nothing to do' The next thing you know, you quit making maps. Anyway, I am not criticising your map, I am a teenager and I have tons of time to waste :p. Anyway, I look forward to your map soon ^^ :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.