Map Cant Be Opened?

massive

Reaction score
ok so i was making my td blah blah..
then it became "locked".The icon of the map has a lock on it.i cant host it in garena.it just dont turn up when i click on create game.i checked the properties and the only difference was the attribute.those that were working fine was A while mine was AI.
any idea what happened?

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
It's not an editor problem... but to remove locks from files I normally just..
Right Click -> Properties -> Security -> Advanced -> Permissions (default tab) -> Click "Change Permissions..." -> Check "Include inheritable permissions from this object's parent."
Then Apply/OK down the chain.

massive

Reaction score
The file seem to have disapeared from the folder it was in..but i can still open it in world editor..and i could not change the permission because of some ownership stuff..i tried getting the ownership thing but they said the file could not be found..
any idea what the cause was that made it locked?

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
The ownership problem would be that you aren't the owner of the file nor an administrator.

For me, generally it happens by mistake (Right Click -> Share with).

Other reasons would be a program locking it (I don't know the editor locks files, but WarCraft does when you are playing a map or the map was the last played). Other also programs would lock files for various reasons, generally because they are modifying/reading the said file and don't want the information to randomly change.

massive

Reaction score
The ownership problem would be that you aren't the owner of the file nor an administrator.

For me, generally it happens by mistake (Right Click -> Share with).

Other reasons would be a program locking it (I don't know the editor locks files, but WarCraft does when you are playing a map or the map was the last played). Other also programs would lock files for various reasons, generally because they are modifying/reading the said file and don't want the information to randomly change.

so i cant unlock the map?if so then i will just copy the triggers to another map..got a older saved copy..
uhm does this locking issue got to do with EGUI?because only when i started using it this problem started or was it a coincidence?

DioD

Reaction score
remove your vista or seven and install XP, there is no reason to use operation system with DRM included.

to unlock files you must log as administrator, all other users have limited permissions.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> remove your vista or seven and install XP, there is no reason to use operation system with DRM included.
Nobody in their right mind would do that just to open a map.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Your map is toast, it happened to me before, nothing anyone can do, You need to run World Editor as administrator or it just screws up.

To do so, right click on the shortcut and hit properties, go to security, and then go down where it says "Run As" And add administrator.

massive

Reaction score
sry havent been able to get on com since the last reply..BUT
i tried making a shortcut from the world editor and right clciked on the shortcut and tried "open file location" and found that it is no longer locked.its either wht i did was right or i removed EGUI.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.