May I start a contest?

--Thanatos--

Reaction score
May I start a contest a WE Help Zone ?

Just asking, do I need to do something before, since I got scared by Ace's post that says:

If someone who's never shown any working map comes with a "contest" to get the perfect JASS implementation of some spell,
the thread will be closed, burned, and he'll end up with half the rep he had before.
:D.

That's probably scary. :D:D

What does the meaning of "never shown any working map" ?
Never submit something?

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
means that he's new and he doesn't know if he have any skills so i guess u know enough Jass (even though im not sure if u can do the coding part) to make a contest but if u realy want to be approved just send a pm to one of the moderators

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
... Acehart... Is an Administrator here, Doom. He knows more than enough about WE mapping. Trust me.

What Ace meant was that if you've never shown that you're a fairly decent mapper, you should not be starting JASS contests. Why? Because... Well... Who the hell are you to judge one? :)

So long as you've shown you know [vaguely, at least] what you're doing in WE, start a contest. If we don't approve, it won't stay open :)

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>>... Acehart... Is an Administrator here, Doom. He knows more than enough about WE mapping. Trust me.
He means the 'someone' in Ace's quote.

That is why I don't post at 3 in the morning...except now :p

DM Cross

Reaction score
The correct wording, then, would have been "if someone", not "someone".

And as a matter of fact, Mr. Wiseass, I just woke up :p

--Thanatos--

Reaction score
I actually have posted two SpellPacks.
I may not be a decent mapper, but at least I'm a decent spellmaker. >_>

Of course I can do the coding part. :D I just need the last part of Knowledge; structs... Which I will not let in my contest. :mad:

BTW, I still don't get it. We must PM a mod?

Reaction score
>And as a matter of fact, Mr. Wiseass, I just woke up
And as a matter of fact, I think I smell some excuses here..

>Which I will not let in my contest.
Then noone will be able to get full points, as handle vars leak a gamecache :p.. (it was mostly a joke, but it really isn't a joke..)

How could someone prove his skills then, making an example or?.. I could have posted my abilities there, but I never did and now when I changed my OS, everything is lost, tooootally lost.. :p

EDIT://Lol, first wrote "as a matter of face".. :p

--Thanatos--

Reaction score
ROFL....

Handle Vars doesn't leak, change the LocalVars() to use a Global initialized at the beginning.

DM Cross

Reaction score
... You don't need to PM anyone. Make the contest and if there's no problem, there won't be a problem. If there's a problem, there won't be a problem because the contest will be closed soon enough ^.^

Just post it. You'll see what I mean from there.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Yes, think of it as if the contests forum never existed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.