US News Medical marijuana: How much is enough?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
2004427638.jpg

A state Health Department proposal that medical-marijuana patients be allowed more than 2 pounds of pot every two months took law enforcement by surprise and prompted the governor to tell health officials to start over.

Faced with a legislative mandate to spell out what constitutes a "60-day supply" by July 1, the department in February briefed Gov. Christine Gregoire's office on its recommendation: Patients or caregivers could possess up to 35 ounces of cultivated marijuana and be allowed a plant-growing area of 100 square feet.

Gregoire promptly directed Department of Health Secretary Mary Selecky to solicit more comment from law enforcement and medical providers. "I wouldn't say she was upset" by the amount, said Gregoire's spokesman, Pearse Edwards, but she believed input had been one-sided.

Read more about it here.

Heavy-Gear

Reaction score
The old lady has a parrot
Parrot = Pirate.
Pirates ignore laws.
An old lady with no care for the law given the ability to grow marijuana = drug trade.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
and people wonder why the drug trade is hard to stop...

I don't think there's any question as to why the drug trade is hard to stop; they're just another product in our free market economy, and demand for those supplies are higher than ever. Lots of people smoke weed, nowadays! :thup:

But in all honesty, I think it would be pretty difficult to even find the time to smoke all that in 2 months; I smoke between a half-ounce to an ounce of weed every two weeks, and maybe about a quarter-pounder by the end of the two months. This is talking about people getting eight times as much as I do, and I don't take my smoking lightly. I think this would be a poor law for Washington State to try to implement, as it probably would be redistributed illegally, potentially across the country (don't get me wrong, I think that'd be swell, but... you know). The only medical marijuana patients whom the government should consider implementing this law for are the Federal Government's Medical Marijuana Patients. These are the people who have such debilitating disorders that they can't be dealt with by conventional means, and the Feds actually allow them to smoke weed, completely and 100% legally. There's only like... 30-100 of them or somethin', but with their chronic illnesses, the only thing that can cure them is the Chronic. Ya know?

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
I wish they'd get there heads together and fix this law. Otherwise we'll have drug dealers with allibi's such as..

Hey man im in the marijuana program...i NEED this to get better!!
U can't confiscate that! thats my Medicine marijuana!!

While i don't care about people who do use the stuff. I really hate people who are trying to ruin people's lives just by selling and harassing them to buy the stuff...

ShadowTek

Reaction score
But in all honesty, I think it would be pretty difficult to even find the time to smoke all that in 2 months; I smoke between a half-ounce to an ounce of weed every two weeks, and maybe about a quarter-pounder by the end of the two months.

Me and a friend of mine used to regularly go through a 1/2 oz every few days. He would go buy a pound to try and sell smaller bags for profit, but we would always end up smoking most of the profits before he could get it all sold.

It all depends on how much individual tolerance you have and how much free time you have to smoke it.

neckface

terrain contest winner! :) dance contest loser. :(
Reaction score
Cmon, yall, look at the big picture here.

Vicodin
Oxycotin
Morphine

all pain relif drugs that get the user high. Quite high.

Where does the gov't get off telling sick or dying adults that they cannot use herb for pain relief without the nausea or other side effects? It's obscene and hypocritical.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Cutting off medical marijuana is like... not cutting anything. The drug will still be there. Not like you can't just go down the street and buy it o_O

ShadowTek

Reaction score
Cutting off medical marijuana is like... not cutting anything. The drug will still be there. Not like you can't just go down the street and buy it o_O

Yeah, but then you risk gettin busted.

I saw an episode of COPS once, where an undercover unit was bustin people on the street. They busted this one guy that was all shaky and pale. They asked if he was alright and he said that he was dying of cancer. He had a morphine pump, but it apparently wasn't enough. They impounded the guys car, took his dog, which was with him, to the pound, and hauled him off to jail.

Ain't that a nice cherry on top of a death sentence.

I don't care what your local drug laws may be, doing something like that to guy in his condition is highly immoral.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
In crime and law inforcement..nothing is immoral. You do what u have to do to get the job done.

ShadowTek

Reaction score
In crime and law inforcement..nothing is immoral. You do what u have to do to get the job done.

Everything is subject to moral analysis, and every law enforcement officer has a choice.

I could easily hear similar line of thought coming from a Nazi soldier who passed his days "following orders" and murdering helpless people.

If you remove your actions from moral consideration, then how do you know if you are doing the right thing? Or does that even matter?

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Law also differs from where you live. Here in Los Angeles, there are crooked cops (think that's anywhere). I know the drug dealers around my block, and they bribe the cops (they come once a week). That is how it works.

Yes, you might get caught, but it's just how life is.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.