Arena Mini Element Arena

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
That new link works!

It must have been a faulty link or something like that. Is there any chance of you giving another link like that for the protected version so that i can play it on Bnet without people being able to change anything and stuff like that ?

Oh yeh and this game is sick, i love the stat build idea and the fact that it is such a fun game that is so simplistic. Overall, its a great game, with lots of interesting features that arent really seen in many other games, its fast, fun and very addictive. 10/10. Goodwork.

cr4xzZz

Also known as azwraith_ftL.
Reaction score
> That new link works!
Yep, same for me *happy* :p

> Is there any chance of you giving another link like that for the protected version so that i can play it on Bnet without people being able to change anything and stuff like that ?
Yeah, I also don't wanna spread ur unprotected ver... :/

T3rm1nat0r

Reaction score
Will the regeneration well ruin it if you first have to pay Gold to get regeneration for about 10 seconds? would'nt that be a good idea?

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
That new link works!

It must have been a faulty link or something like that. Is there any chance of you giving another link like that for the protected version so that i can play it on Bnet without people being able to change anything and stuff like that ?

Oh yeh and this game is sick, i love the stat build idea and the fact that it is such a fun game that is so simplistic. Overall, its a great game, with lots of interesting features that arent really seen in many other games, its fast, fun and very addictive. 10/10. Goodwork.

I will soon, I am going to upload it to the WET site soon, that should work
thnx for time spend playing

Will the regeneration well ruin it if you first have to pay Gold to get regeneration for about 10 seconds? would'nt that be a good idea?

when you can devise a way to make that fluid and intuitive to use in game will be the day I laugh at you.....jk
I am going to go with no, late game, when you got lots of extra gold, perma heal....

emjlr3

Reaction score
finally uploaded the map to the WET site, new download link available in the first post of the thread

both map files have been removed from the attachments, I will upload another unprotected version once I release the final version

enjoy!

trigger_newb

Reaction score
for some reason, the game doesn't work on my wc3
the game has no player set-up or something..

Drunken_God said:
cant play it....
when i start it nothing happens
same here!
used the new one still doesn't work
i tried both up and p

DrinkSlurm

Eat Bachelor Chow!
Reaction score
I am having the same problem that others have been having, and I suspect that the problem is with version RC4b, not the download. I was able to download v RC4 via your temporary link a couple of days ago and that map file works just fine.

I played it about 2 dozen times, trying each hero out against 3 comps. I like this game a lot for its simplicity and brevity (though sometimes I wished there were an option for setting the required 15 hero kills to a higher number). Lots of cool custom spells; eyecandy is overdone, in my opinion, on a couple of them.

In particular, I like the Blademaster's custom Bladestorm that sucks in targets and the Firelord's Meteor skill. I think the Dark Ranger's Life Drain is a tiny bit too overpowered because it's too easy to run away (vs. comps, at least) and restore health, denying your opponents their kills.

Suggestions: perhaps make another dialog to choose the game mode and make higher level creeps after a certain amount of time.

Does anyone else have a much easier time winning (against comps, at least) using the ranged heroes over melee?

emjlr3

Reaction score
for some reason, the game doesn't work on my wc3
the game has no player set-up or something..

same here!
used the new one still doesn't work
i tried both up and p

still no work? the new link too? I have a new version I have been working on that seems to work where the RC4 did not

I am having the same problem that others have been having, and I suspect that the problem is with version RC4b, not the download. I was able to download v RC4 via your temporary link a couple of days ago and that map file works just fine.

I played it about 2 dozen times, trying each hero out against 3 comps. I like this game a lot for its simplicity and brevity (though sometimes I wished there were an option for setting the required 15 hero kills to a higher number). Lots of cool custom spells; eyecandy is overdone, in my opinion, on a couple of them.

In particular, I like the Blademaster's custom Bladestorm that sucks in targets and the Firelord's Meteor skill. I think the Dark Ranger's Life Drain is a tiny bit too overpowered because it's too easy to run away (vs. comps, at least) and restore health, denying your opponents their kills.

Suggestions: perhaps make another dialog to choose the game mode and make higher level creeps after a certain amount of time.

Does anyone else have a much easier time winning (against comps, at least) using the ranged heroes over melee?

the game is meant to be played against ppl, if you want good enemies, play real ppl, my Ai can not do as well as that, sry
the game is meant to be fast, so 15 hks is a good bit for a fast, 15 minute game
creeps level up as you kill the camp, if you had no noticed
i cant say ranged>melee, i really think the blademaster/beasmaster are best two heroes actually

**Temp download uploaded to first post, new version, RC4c, while waiting on WET site to update
the uploaded protected map has been tested to work on my computer

trigger_newb

Reaction score
k ill try it one more time

EDIT: AMEN IT WORKS!
Thx for fixing it

BUG?: well whenever i summon my bear with beastamaster for somereason the bear doesn't attack what i order it to..
it hesitates and goes for the nearby creep or enemy,,... sometimes its the enemy im going for becuz there is none other.. but it gets really annoying...

emjlr3

Reaction score
re-read the tooltip of the ability

trigger_newb

Reaction score
oh k
can you make it more than one players or can you give me the unprotected version of the new one? i hate how its ffa lol

emjlr3

Reaction score
what else would it be?

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
Um just a few questions that i want to ask, and things i want to point out...

1. Is the travelling salesmans guard supposed to be able to be targeted by abilities ? i've noticed that if you target him with abilities it is possible to kill him without him making those other guard things. Maybe make it magic immune ?

2. I dont think that windwalk actually does the damage it says it does. If i can remember properly, it says 2 times your agility. I had 60 agility in one game and it was coming up with 42 damage. Also with windwalk i have been told by some friends and my brother that they have been in windwalk and were still affected by forked lightning, im not to sure about this one, but i have had numerous people say it so yer.

3. The storm ability that you can pick kills the beastmasters bear in one hit, probably because of the purge. Is this meant to happen, like an added purk of having storm ? or is this a problem, because i think it is a bit slack to be able to kill it in one hit. I think this also affects the hellish demon from doom [ Pitlords Skill ].

4. Are the neutral creeps on camp mode or not ? I havent really checked it just seems to be that they chase you a fair distance and can spot you from far away. So i was just wondering, because its such a small map maybe it would be better on camp. If they already are, sorry.

5. Is the damage and hp of the hellish demon from when you doom someone based of your strength ? If it is it may be worth noting that in the tooltip.

**EDIT**

6. That new hammer items knockback skill seems to be a great help for ranged heroes. The 20% chance to knockback seems to occur very often in this game, and with ranged heroes it becomes almost impossible for melee heroes to get near them. Maybe reduce the overall percentage to 15% or make it 10% for ranged or something, or make it cost more and maybe make the knockback a smaller range, making it easy to actually attack the hero. Dark Ranger with the storm ability and that skill is very funny because it is so hard to get to her lol.

7. Um i think that Soul Burn [ Firelord's skill ] seems to go for random amounts of time, or is this because the length of the skill is determined by your intelligence, but still i did have a few times when soul burn only went for 1 - 2 seconds, but thats pretty rare i think. **EDIT 2** I have also been told that purge from the storm passive ability removes negative buffs from a person with soul burn. Once again im not sure about this, but i did think it occured to me in one game.

8. Just a minor tooltip error - The tooltip for Helix [ Elementalist's Skill ] has the '- [Level 1]' next to the name of the skill.

9. When you die and want to buy back your hero it actually cost wood to do so, and seeing that wood isn't available in this game it makes it kinda hard to buy back. :p

Um yer thats about it for now. If any or all of those this are wrong im sorry, they were just quick observations i made while playing it. If i can get any replays of a game that has had any of these problems i will save it and show you, but thats if i got time, im kinda busy at the moment.

-Kenny-

emjlr3

Reaction score
Um just a few questions that i want to ask, and things i want to point out...

1. Is the travelling salesmans guard supposed to be able to be targeted by abilities ? i've noticed that if you target him with abilities it is possible to kill him without him making those other guard things. Maybe make it magic immune ?

2. I dont think that windwalk actually does the damage it says it does. If i can remember properly, it says 2 times your agility. I had 60 agility in one game and it was coming up with 42 damage. Also with windwalk i have been told by some friends and my brother that they have been in windwalk and were still affected by forked lightning, im not to sure about this one, but i have had numerous people say it so yer.

3. The storm ability that you can pick kills the beastmasters bear in one hit, probably because of the purge. Is this meant to happen, like an added purk of having storm ? or is this a problem, because i think it is a bit slack to be able to kill it in one hit. I think this also affects the hellish demon from doom [ Pitlords Skill ].

4. Are the neutral creeps on camp mode or not ? I havent really checked it just seems to be that they chase you a fair distance and can spot you from far away. So i was just wondering, because its such a small map maybe it would be better on camp. If they already are, sorry.

5. Is the damage and hp of the hellish demon from when you doom someone based of your strength ? If it is it may be worth noting that in the tooltip.

**EDIT**

6. That new hammer items knockback skill seems to be a great help for ranged heroes. The 20% chance to knockback seems to occur very often in this game, and with ranged heroes it becomes almost impossible for melee heroes to get near them. Maybe reduce the overall percentage to 15% or make it 10% for ranged or something, or make it cost more and maybe make the knockback a smaller range, making it easy to actually attack the hero. Dark Ranger with the storm ability and that skill is very funny because it is so hard to get to her lol.

7. Um i think that Soul Burn [ Firelord's skill ] seems to go for random amounts of time, or is this because the length of the skill is determined by your intelligence, but still i did have a few times when soul burn only went for 1 - 2 seconds, but thats pretty rare i think. **EDIT 2** I have also been told that purge from the storm passive ability removes negative buffs from a person with soul burn. Once again im not sure about this, but i did think it occured to me in one game.

8. Just a minor tooltip error - The tooltip for Helix [ Elementalist's Skill ] has the '- [Level 1]' next to the name of the skill.

9. When you die and want to buy back your hero it actually cost wood to do so, and seeing that wood isn't available in this game it makes it kinda hard to buy back. :p

Um yer thats about it for now. If any or all of those this are wrong im sorry, they were just quick observations i made while playing it. If i can get any replays of a game that has had any of these problems i will save it and show you, but thats if i got time, im kinda busy at the moment.

-Kenny-

thnx for testing

1. never really thought about it, will look into it
2. will look into damage, though im pretty sure its correct, and yea i think FL hits invis, I need to fix that
3. i do not like the off. passive of storm, I want to remake it, but still have not had a good idea yet, suggs.?
4. they are not pre-created, not real sure how to lower their roam distance, i create them on the fly, any ideas?
5. just as with summon bear, yes, will do
6. i should have thought of that, will prolly drop to 10% or 12% for ranged, and maybe knock back the slide duration a bit
7. purge is teh gay!
8. ah k
9. really? must be just some of the heroes, i remember checking this before a few versions ago, will look into it

keep up the fine work!

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
1. ok.
2. cool.
3. i got no suggestions as of yet, but i'll try to come up with one, im sure someone will post their ideas here, and if not it cant be too hard really.
4. Um only thing i can think of right now if they aren't pre-created is that you check each individual creep that can be created and make their sight radius small, but im not sure how many creeps there are so that could get really tedious and time consuming.
5.Whats the ratio for bears/dooms health and damage compared to strength ? Like how much strength do you need to +50 damage and so on.
6. kool.
7. Once again ill try to think of something. But im sure others will first.
8. nothing to say here really.
9. I've only seen it with a few heroes, i havent really checked them all, just firelord, beastmaster, dark ranger i think, but there might be more or less.

A few more things i want to point out while their in my head..

1.1. That helm item [forgot it's name] that increases your attack speed its pretty crazy, may i suggest making it maybe 50% max but last for 10 seconds. Thats just my opinion, it just seems to make it more like 'DotA' and a less balanced game.

2.1. I think some one said something before about agility having advantage over the rest and i can see just by playing that something has been done about that, Hopefully :S. But i was just wondering if maybe the armour per agility is a little high. I had a game where i was just being stupid and i put all my stats into agi with drow, then i realised it was a good thing seeing that i had somewhere near 40 armour + 15 from items, so i didn't really need hp cause i couldn't be touched. Another thing is that when you have that much agility drow's life drain is insane! i was on like 20hp and got to like 180 in one second, full health in like 4 seconds. :p

3.1. Have you considered making one more strength based hero to even the game out ?

**EDIT**

4.1. Um another thing with forked lightning, i think if you target a hero near their resurrection stone the lightning effect is spawned from the hero to the stone, which shouldnt really happen lol.

5.1. Forked Lightning also seems a bit strong, it does a S*#T load of damage, 35 + 3 times intel i think, which is really better then her ulti if your only counting damage and not duration, actually i think its a lot better then most damaging skills.

6.1. Were those little murloc huts purposely made vulnerable or what? i just think being able to destroy them kinda ruins the overall effect of the great terrianing. I dont really know why i feel like that it just came up really. thats just me though. :p Maybe give them like 500000 hp or just make em invulnerable, or give them locast ability [if you can... i havent really tried it with buildings].

-kenny-

emjlr3

Reaction score
4. ?
5. ? I will add something into the spell, that exact numbers are not important
1.1 I will like it, see if anyone else thinks that same things though
2.1 Will look into balancing stat bonuses some
3.1 I hadn't, heh
4.1 to the stone you say...
5.1 Shes pretty weak though, and one of her skill is not a true active, so I boosted the actives str a bit
6.1 great terraining....Acehart would laugh at that.....you can kill em? I had not tried....if anythign i think it just adds something else to do if you really care to

morcius

Reaction score
I got error when hited monster from ww with life steal mask.
==========================================================
This application has encountered a critical error:

FATAL ERROR

Progeam C:\Program Files\wc3\WARCRAFT3\War3.exe
Exeption: 0xc0000005(ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:6F31DAA0

The instruction at 'ox6F31DAA0 referenced memory at 0x0000003C'.
The memory could not be 'read'.
==========================================================

emjlr3

Reaction score
what happened now, btw, RC5 released, temp upload added to first post

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
The new version is nice, i see you cleaned up some of the various things i said :)

Practically everything seems to be in order now, which is good.

One thing though, the new staff item, can u explain to me how it works, from what i can see it does something like this:

hero has 1000 max hp but only has 200 left so..
1000 - 200 = 800 if my math is correct
so then it heals hp for 1 point for every 0.35 missing, and that means roughly 2.86 hp is healed per 1 point missing
2.86 * 800 = 2288, which is much more than it actually does in game.

So either i've completely lost it, or this tooltip doesn't explain it properly, i think maybe its meant to be 1.35 points missing ? because that makes more sense if you put it into the equation above.

And the Hero Selection timer at the start doesn't count down as well.

-kenny-

emjlr3

Reaction score
hero selection timer does not what now?

the item heals hp and mana by .35/point missing

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.