Arena Mini Element Arena

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Played it :). Was fun. I think there's a spelling mistake for the Elementalist ultimate. 'Conjur'... Missing 'e', i believe. :) (Not sure whether it's been mentioned before or not).

The Helm seems quite very unweak = =.

Didnt really played that much to try out all the items and heroes. So that's all. :)

Ps: Bladestorm makes me dizzy = =. But cool :).

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
camera smoothing factor

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Why does the main attribute affect EVERY spell and the other two attributes nothing? If the spells required different stats, it would give the players a reason to spend some points on the other two attributes.
Or use two attributes for one spell, take life drain for example: strength increases the amount and agility the duration or so.
Right now, as a non-strength hero, it's a lot more profitable to buy items that just increase the hp instead of increasing strength and so on...

Stat based spells and your custom stat system fit very well together, why not in Ice and Blood?

Anyway.... nerf Meteorites please! That's one hell of a spell! What's the cooldown? 5-10 seconds?
Cooldown > Duration please and the damage is also far too high. (Watch the replays if you don't believe me :p)
Forked Lightning seems also a bit overpowered.

Due to the high bounties, the map has a quite large snowball effect for such a short game.

Played a few (3...) games today, I attached 2 of them, just in case you're interested.
Yeah, I didn't host the second (first one attached) game, one of the players from the first game did, so I guess your map is at least somewhat appealing. :p
It's also the only game that was actually played to the end.

emjlr3

Reaction score
Why does the main attribute affect EVERY spell and the other two attributes nothing? If the spells required different stats, it would give the players a reason to spend some points on the other two attributes.
Or use two attributes for one spell, take life drain for example: strength increases the amount and agility the duration or so.

I agree, then its starts to get complicated though, and what stats to choose?

Right now, as a non-strength hero, it's a lot more profitable to buy items that just increase the hp instead of increasing strength and so on...

perhaps, I guess that the perks of having played the game a few times, you figure out what works best, ways around that? multiple stats/spell, I know, or perhaps a different stat for each spell, its an idea

Stat based spells and your custom stat system fit very well together, why not in Ice and Blood?

arena? simple heroes? simple gameplay? it just does?

Anyway.... nerf Meteorites please! That's one hell of a spell! What's the cooldown? 5-10 seconds?
Cooldown > Duration please and the damage is also far too high. (Watch the replays if you don't believe me :p)

really?, its a little tough to use, though the cd should be at least 90s or so, I will have to check on it

Forked Lightning seems also a bit overpowered.

the second person to say this....

Due to the high bounties, the map has a quite large snowball effect for such a short game.

that is kind of the idea, I think, kill guys, win game fast, play again, heroes cant last forever, your streaks will never either, unless of course your somehow a bazillion levels above everyone else, which should not happen, I think against relatively similarly skilled players, it all comes out in the wash

Played a few (3...) games today, I attached 2 of them, just in case you're interested.

yippee

Yeah, I didn't host the second (first one attached) game, one of the players from the first game did, so I guess your map is at least somewhat appealing. :p
It's also the only game that was actually played to the end.

who would have thunk it, ive been hosted :)

noting about the terrain??? I am disappointed :(

emjlr3

Reaction score
Icey Toad does not know what he is missing in that suggestion forums he neglects so ferverously

I actually made a test map for that guy before, too, I will look into that explosion, though I can see why i would have made it that way, would it make sense if they didnt? I don't think so

btw, 2-P, you hardly bought any items, you really woulda pwned if you had, and yes the firelords ulti cd is far to low, not sure what happened there ^^

duyen

Reaction score
Have you played Age of Myths before? It has a meteor spell just like yours except you can adjust how close the meteors are to you and you summon white meteors at night and red at day.

emjlr3

Reaction score
sure have, I like that spell

2-P

Reaction score
I agree, then its starts to get complicated though
Depends, if you write the tooltips like in my example* it shouldn't be too complicated.

*(without giving the exact values, e.g. "agility increases the duration" instead of "every point of agility increases the duration by 0.1 seconds")

The problem is that it's usually important to know how much damage/whatever a spell does. =/
Or just keep it to one different attribute per spell, that's still a lot better than the focus on the main attribute right now.

arena? simple heroes? simple gameplay? it just does?
Oh sorry, I think you misunderstood me. I was asking why you didn't include stat based spells in IaB.

the second person to say this....
:p
I wouldn't mind the forked lightning that much, but what I really don't like about the Naga is her mana shield. It becomes a "dangerous" spell together with your attribute system. It's like the best reason to completely neglect strength lol.

that is kind of the idea, I think, kill guys, win game fast, play again, heroes cant last forever, your streaks will never either, unless of course your somehow a bazillion levels above everyone else, which should not happen, I think against relatively similarly skilled players, it all comes out in the wash

Yeah, it's not that big that the hero which makes the first few kills is unstoppable. It's just large for the short time, but since a game doesn't last longer than 15 minutes it really doesn't matter that much.
Let's put it like this: there's no need to increase the amount of kills you need to win. ^^

noting about the terrain??? I am disappointed :(
No no, you'd be disappointed if I had said something about the terrain. :p

btw, 2-P, you hardly bought any items, you really woulda pwned if you had, and yes the firelords ulti cd is far to low, not sure what happened there ^^
Yeah, I tried to skip the "weaker" items so I could buy the big 2K gold items earlier. Bad idea. ^^

emjlr3

Reaction score
RC5b released, fixed some outstanding bugs, and added a few things

I am contemplating what 2P said about using all attribute stats in the spells, to even it out a bit, not sure if I will or not

barring anymore outstanding bugs, or if I decide to trek that course, the next release will be Final

cr4xzZz

Also known as azwraith_ftL.
Reaction score
The Immolation buff from the Blazing Mail did not disappear after 10 seconds and I was still damaging nearby enemies. Maybe because I was spamming -restore like hell? :D
Edit: on RC5, don't know if u fixed it in rc5b

emjlr3

Reaction score
that could be an issue
-restore is only for testing, doubt it bugs in a real game

emjlr3

Reaction score
Final Version is now up for download!

Thanks to all who helped test this map, and to all who enjoyed playing it a time or two, your welcome :)

cr4xzZz

Reaction score
Niiiiiiiiice! But I think I found a bug. I was playing vs Naga Sea Witch and when she was around 100 HP she casted Mana Shield and then I used Black Arrow on her and a Skeleton spawned but she wasn't dead.

emjlr3

Reaction score
o well, there could be worse bugs

cr4xzZz

Reaction score
> o well, there could be worse bugs
True, that isn't such a big disaster... :p

2-P

Reaction score
Final version? =/

Did you intentionally remove the mana cost + cooldown + damage of the Doom Guard's War Stomp?
Without the cooldown and the mana cost you can kinda perma stun enemies... not so cool.

The Bear is almost useless because of his low hp. The base hp could be higher and I think the maximum is 500, which is also too low (especially because he has almost no armor AFAIK).

Stampede is kinda... "out of place" in a hero arena. Yes, even in a real game. :p It's usually casted once and then never again.

emjlr3

Reaction score
not sure how that happened... :(
I think bear is pretty useful, great for early game creeping, and the occasional stun helps great in 1v1 battles
got a better idea then stampede?

if so, I may release a Final Final, to fix any outstanding bugs :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.