model editing

Grundy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
i tried to edit this centuar model to remove all of the geometry except for the axe so it looks like an invisible being is holding a visible axe and swinging it around and stuff... did the same thing for centaur archer's bow, dragonspawn, and the "fire" panda from the brew master's ultimate. they all work except for the centuar's axe - that one instantly crashes the game when i try to spawn a unit with that model.

can someone take a look at this model and see if you know why and can fix it?

Attachments

• BattleAxe.mdx
    35.5 KB · Views: 93

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with the question, but what programs do you use to edit models?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Some useful programs are Warcraft 3 Model Editor and the Vertex Editor (can't remember the creators name), but you should have started a new thread for this.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Try asking at the hive, theres more model makers there.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
I recall experiencing the same thing when I once tried to remove the Grunt's axe.
It turned out that, for whatever stupid reason, the game crashes if you remove a geoset from that model. Might be the same thing here so you should try deleting the centaur without removing a single geoset. You do this by leaving at least one poly for every one of them (no worries, it will barely be visible ingame.

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
I recall experiencing the same thing when I once tried to remove the Grunt's axe.
It turned out that, for whatever stupid reason, the game crashes if you remove a geoset from that model. Might be the same thing here so you should try deleting the centaur without removing a single geoset. You do this by leaving at least one poly for every one of them (no worries, it will barely be visible ingame.

Yeah, hes right. I did this a couple times untill I figured out what was going on. With that last poly on each geoset, scale it down till its barely visible, then drag it down. You will then never see it. ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.