Moonlite Map Studio last open beta release date announcement

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
The not finding the mpq data dll thingy is probably because you downloaded the wrong installer. Download the one that matches your system architecture and try again.

When in doubt: Accuse the user that it was his own fault! :D

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
~ Rich Cook

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
When in doubt: Accuse the user that it was his own fault! :D

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
~ Rich Cook

+1 on that quote. Siretu, you have been deemed an idiot.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I downloaded the x64 one because I have 64-bit. Is this the problem? I also tried the x86 with the same problem...

Idiot? I think not!

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Yeah, you are the problem. Definitely.
But seriously, I need more information than the info given on the google code repo. A screenshot of all the steps + the whole screen.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Bump. More issue reports would be nice. I'm back from vacation.
Also, the reason for Siretu's issues was that he hadn't installed the Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable package. Make sure you install it.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Still feels too slow. It took forever (2-3 minutes) to load up, and after that, the UI felt a little unresponsive.

Also, is there any reason it needs to be allocating 128mb of my RAM? Seems a little unnecessary, honestly (especially when you look at something like VC++ Express, which is currently using 17-20mb, under the 'same' conditions [start page, nothing open]).

Edit: Eww, mercurial.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Still feels too slow. It took forever (2-3 minutes) to load up, and after that, the UI felt a little unresponsive.

Also, is there any reason it needs to be allocating 128mb of my RAM? Seems a little unnecessary, honestly (especially when you look at something like VC++ Express, which is currently using 17-20mb, under the 'same' conditions [start page, nothing open]).

Edit: Eww, mercurial.

Seems like you have a bad computer. Even on my last computer, which was pretty bad, Moonlite's UI was responsive. It still took the same time to load though. I think it's because the Moonlite release is in Debug mode - the code is not optimized.

Yes, there is a reason it's allocating 128 mb RAM. It needs it. VC++ Express doesn't allocate much because it's not Visual Studio, rather a small package loaded into the VS platform. VS takes around as much RAM as Moonlite in the start page, since the application architecture is the same.

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
Debug mode would also be a reason why it's allocating more memory than needed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.