Mouse Support

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
has anyone found a way to track mouse movement?

there are natives for mouse click events but still after 10 years of Craft,
I see no way to get the X,Y coordinates of the mouse cursor

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
To get the mouse position, you have to convert the X,Y coordinates to a point.

Trigger:
  • Camera - Pan the camera for player 1 to (Point((Mouse X position clicked in the world), (Mouse Y position clicked in the world))) over 2.0 seconds with Existing Velocity% initial velocity, 10% deceleration, and Do Not use smart panning

In the pan camera action, the point uses the function: Point from XY and then the X and Y uses Mouse X/Y position clicked in the world.

Or maybe you want where on the screen it is? Not where on the map it is? I don't know how to do that.

Cookiemaster

Reaction score
To get the mouse position, you have to convert the X,Y coordinates to a point.

Trigger:
  • Camera - Pan the camera for player 1 to (Point((Mouse X position clicked in the world), (Mouse Y position clicked in the world))) over 2.0 seconds with Existing Velocity% initial velocity, 10% deceleration, and Do Not use smart panning

In the pan camera action, the point uses the function: Point from XY and then the X and Y uses Mouse X/Y position clicked in the world.

Or maybe you want where on the screen it is? Not where on the map it is? I don't know how to do that.

There are event variables available representing mouse X,Y on the UI, and mouse X,Y,Z on world.

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
I mean how do you get the position of your mouse cursor at any time....

not just as an event response to a click.

For example, If I wanted to fly a ship with the mouse, or track a golf swing, you need to monitor the mouse in real time

not when you click a button

jleips2600

Reaction score
Use the mouse look actions to make the mouse define where the camera is, and then track the camera. :thup:

Sorry to bump an old thread, but could someone clarify how to do this exactly?

Also if this issue has been addressed elsewhere please lemme know, I tried searching and this is the best thread I could find to get mouse position.

(I need mouse point in game, but would be able to deal with mouse position on screen as well, whichever is easier)

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
(I need mouse point in game, but would be able to deal with mouse position on screen as well, whichever is easier)
Afaik there is no real mouse tracking in SC2 possible. You can only get the clicked point or get the camera data. However, getting the cam data seems not to be a solution in your case, as you probably don't want a mouse controlled cam.

jleips2600

Reaction score
Ahh, I see, I guess I'll also be holding out for mouse point support with the rest then.

Thank you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.