Multiboard Image Help

R

Remus

I'm currently working on a hero arena. I'm almost finished creating my Multiboard but have run into a problem. The Multiboard goes Hero Image/Player Name/Kill Count Death Count.
Everything is good except Hero Image.
How do i set the Image to that of the Hero after the hero has been selected?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
Maybe this?
Code:
Actions
    Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 1 (Red) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        Loop - Actions
            Multiboard - Set the icon for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to (String((Unit-type of (Picked unit))))

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> String((Unit-type of (Picked unit)))

Wishful thinking... :p

The actual path is what you see under "custom" when editing the "art - icon" of a unit.
Like "ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNHeroBloodElfPrince.blp" for a Blood Mage.

A rather simple way of doing it:

Prepare an array of strings:
Set Icons[1] = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNHeroBloodElfPrince.blp
Set Icons[2] = ...

And set the unit's point value to the index of its icon.

Using it is then a simple:
Multiboard - ...to Icons[Point value of <unit>]

R

Remus

Ok I'll try this out. I have a feeling i'll be making alot of triggers. I'm thinking:
If Player 1 selects hero
If hero is (specific hero)
Then change Multiboard 1,3 to icon of specific hero.

Of course this means i'll have to create a new trigger for every hero possiblity as well as every player. But if it works i guess it's worth it.

P.S add varibles where needed.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
There's a more round-a-bout method with custom values and such.

Pick a hero, have a pre-set variable array and custom value set to the variable's array index for that unit. Then simply call an array and have it's number as the custom value of the unit.

R

Remus

Ok Thanks everyone. I've managed to resolve my problem but now a new issue has arisen.
In game the multiboard comes up yet it's covered in eyes. The text that i want in there is there it's just underneath the eyes. HOW DO I GET RID OF THE EYES!!!!? *wisper*There always watching*wisper*

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
That sounds so weird. :p
What eyes are you talking about? Care to show us a printscreen?

Nexor

Reaction score
but he wants the icons, those are the default icons when no icon is enabled, I suggest to use the undiscovered quest icon for not picked hero

here is the path:
UI\Widgets\EscMenu\Human\quest-unknown.blp

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> but he wants the icons

But he doesn't want the "eyes"...
As such, you turn icons off for the entire board, and back on for those items that need it.

I'd suggest "chicken" for not yet selected.

Baltazhar

Reaction score
As Nexor said, the eyes are the standard icon that shows, if icons are enabled, but none have been defined.
I use the icon of a red question mark for my "none selected yet" icon, in my multiboard. I think it's the "Random Item" one.

At work atm, so I can't link you the path to the icon.

You can also let icons be disabled, then once a hero have been selected, enable icons for the row.

EDIT: You can never beat Ace to an answer :)

TheDarkBoy

Reaction score
If you want to remove the eyes, then go make a trigger that says "Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons"
Simple as it can be :D.
EDIT: Sorry didnt see AceHarts post :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.